Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Would you ask if they could make it available to sell to other owners? If it turns out great I might be interested. I’ve got Ocean Blue as well.

Hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow. I will post an update
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Would you ask if they could make it available to sell to other owners? If it turns out great I might be interested. I’ve got Ocean Blue as well.
Agree, once someone figures out the size for the ring, it should be fairly easy to mass produce them. The shop that made the one that matches the sub surround just used material that they had available that I am sure any shop could get. Or, just make it flat black and the end user can do what they want with the finish. I believe that is what MB Quart is trying to design right now.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Agree, once someone figures out the size for the ring, it should be fairly easy to mass produce them. The shop that made the one that matches the sub surround just used material that they had available that I am sure any shop could get. Or, just make it flat black and the end user can do what they want with the finish. I believe that is what MB Quart is trying to design right now.
Ok made a trip to the custom shop down the road the yesterday. They are building a ring for me. They use CNC so it should look good. It should be done in a week. They are building it out about 1 1//4" to give additional mounting depth. For now I am just going with a cheaper sub to see if I really like it. I will post pics and price as soon as I get it in.

I will probably do an install video and pics to help the rest of you that are considering this install.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ok made a trip to the custom shop down the road the yesterday. They are building a ring for me. They use CNC so it should look good. It should be done in a week. They are building it out about 1 1//4" to give additional mounting depth. For now I am just going with a cheaper sub to see if I really like it. I will post pics and price as soon as I get it in.

I will probably do an install video and pics to help the rest of you that are considering this install.
Cool. Did you, or would you ask about their willingness to make it available to purchase (if it works perfectly for you and I like how it looks)? I think that it doesn’t need to be that deep if you’re mounting most shallow mount subs, but with that much depth it may give you other full size 10” subwoofer options to choose from.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Cool. Did you, or would you ask about their willingness to make it available to purchase (if it works perfectly for you and I like how it looks)? I think that it doesn’t need to be that deep if you’re mounting most shallow mount subs, but with that much depth it may give you other full size 10” subwoofer options to choose from.

I will absolutely inquire about them making more and get a price. The reason he was adding the depth was to prevent any vibration against the rear of the box. But I do know that he can make it a shallower ring. The sub that I decided to go with does need a bit more depth than the JL that timannnn6 has.

I decided to go with the SKAR VD-10 that needs a 4.41" depth. The JL 10TW1 needs 4.36".

Sponsored

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I will absolutely inquire about them making more and get a price. The reason he was adding the depth was to prevent any vibration against the rear of the box. But I do know that he can make it a shallower ring. The sub that I decided to go with does need a bit more depth than the JL that timannnn6 has.

I decided to go with the SKAR VD-10 that needs a 4.41" depth. The JL 10TW1 needs 4.36".
I was going to go with SKAR but it has a vent hole out the rear and the factory box has no depth. I was told that ideally you need 3/4" of space between vent hole and back panel. The JL 10TW1 has no vent so no additional space required.

Last edited:

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I was going to go with SKAR but it has a vent hole out the rear and the factory box has no depth. I was told that ideally you need 3/4" of space between hold and back panel. The JL 10TW1 has no vent so no additional space required.

I have yet to pick the stuff up. Ill have to chat with the guy at the shop. I considered the MB Quart shallow mount disc, but the frequency response isn't near what that of the others is. Plus there is nowhere local to me that has one to listen to.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I have yet to pick the stuff up. Ill have to chat with the guy at the shop. I considered the MB Quart shallow mount disc, but the frequency response isn't near what that of the others is. Plus there is nowhere local to me that has one to listen to.
Ok still waiting on the sub ring. My shifts haven't let me stop by yet. However, got the system installed. Install went ok. I was a little disappointed that the speakers were plastic and not metal, but MB Quart isn't the company they used to be either. Anyway, do you guys have alternator whine coming through your system? I sure as hell do. I was surprised that there wasn't a noise filter included with the kit.

What did you guys do? I sent an email to MB Quart about it tonight. We shall see what they say.

I should pick up the sub and ring on Thursday.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Ok still waiting on the sub ring. My shifts haven't let me stop by yet. However, got the system installed. Install went ok. I was a little disappointed that the speakers were plastic and not metal, but MB Quart isn't the company they used to be either. Anyway, do you guys have alternator whine coming through your system? I sure as hell do. I was surprised that there wasn't a noise filter included with the kit.

What did you guys do? I sent an email to MB Quart about it tonight. We shall see what they say.

I should pick up the sub and ring on Thursday.
I am not getting any whine through my system and I did not add in a noise filter of any kind.

Sponsored

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I am not getting any whine through my system and I did not add in a noise filter of any kind.
I am on my third alternator. Jeep installed, but maybe they screwed something up. Hell mine was built broken from the factory, but it is a Dodge. So....

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I am on my third alternator. Jeep installed, but maybe they screwed something up. Hell mine was built broken from the factory, but it is a Dodge. So....
Could be. I was actually surprised that there was zero additional whine from the system. I expected there to be something due to the lack of a filter.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'll post MB Quart's response.
I had a bit and found that I had to relocate my ground wire from a factory ground point by the base of the passenger seatbelt to the back seat bolt.

I also had to turn the gain down below halfway. No whine, but it did not seem to eliminate the ground loop.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
No whine from my system either. I set my gains to be max loud around 26-27 on the dial
Sponsored