Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Anyone notice the 6x9 plate isn't wide enough to fully cover the port hole? Just noticed it on mine.
Sponsored

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
FYI the 6x9 MB quart upgrade is NOT compatible with the Alpine System It was intended for the base model system I went to install it in mine, and the kit only includes one wire harness to tap into where the 4" speaker came out. It does not have a harness to include the signal from the separate 3.5 inch speakers. Therefore, you do not get a full range of sound from the 6x9 upgrade. Was on phone with tech support with crutchfield for awhile with this, then we found the answer. Hope this helps others before they buck up for the upgrade. I ended up having to return mine,

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI the 6x9 MB quart upgrade is NOT compatible with the Alpine System It was intended for the base model system I went to install it in mine, and the kit only includes one wire harness to tap into where the 4" speaker came out. It does not have a harness to include the signal from the separate 3.5 inch speakers. Therefore, you do not get a full range of sound from the 6x9 upgrade. Was on phone with tech support with crutchfield for awhile with this, then we found the answer. Hope this helps others before they buck up for the upgrade. I ended up having to return mine,
Yup noticed that myself. It sounds better for sure but so little bass for having to cut all that crap out.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man....I really want to give this product a 5 out of 5. But on the Alpine system, it feels like a 3 out of 5. The vocal/overall clarity is such a massive improvement but the 6x9's have left me underwhelmed which may be my fault for not reading more about it. The 6x9 bracket is not quite big enough to cover the old bass port and the lack of bass from the back speaker is kind of annoying due to it connecting to only the 3.5" wiring in the back. For the effort to cut out it would have been better to pair a 3.5" and 6.5" cutout that mirrored the front speakers while using the factory Alpine amps. Plus the 6x9's are more efficient than the front speakers it seems so i need to fade to the front a bit to even things out.

BTW this is speakers only with no amp upgrades from MB Quart.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Man....I really want to give this product a 5 out of 5. But on the Alpine system, it feels like a 3 out of 5. The vocal/overall clarity is such a massive improvement but the 6x9's have left me underwhelmed which may be my fault for not reading more about it. The 6x9 bracket is not quite big enough to cover the old bass port and the lack of bass from the back speaker is kind of annoying due to it connecting to only the 3.5" wiring in the back. For the effort to cut out it would have been better to pair a 3.5" and 6.5" cutout that mirrored the front speakers while using the factory Alpine amps. Plus the 6x9's are more efficient than the front speakers it seems so i need to fade to the front a bit to even things out.

BTW this is speakers only with no amp upgrades from MB Quart.
The factory Alpine amp isn't powerful enough to drive the MB Quart speakers. Do yourself a favour and get external amps. Wired correctly and getting the proper signal the set up should be decent.

BTW I've found the MB Quart amps for less than AUD150 on Amazon (NA2-400.2) but don't know if you can buy the rest of the wiring that you need to do it properly. You'll need something like the AAMPRO or Rockford Fosgate DSR1.

Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The factory Alpine amp isn't powerful enough to drive the MB Quart speakers. Do yourself a favour and get external amps. Wired correctly and getting the proper signal the set up should be decent.

BTW I've found the MB Quart amps for less than AUD150 on Amazon (NA2-400.2) but don't know if you can buy the rest of the wiring that you need to do it properly. You'll need something like the AAMPRO or Rockford Fosgate DSR1.
Although I mostly agree, my issue has nothing to do with volume. It's plenty loud just strictly a design issue with the 6x9s and the Alpine wiring.

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want some more low end out of the sound bar to round out the system, the rest of the Alpine system I am pleased with, well, now that I upgraded my dash speakers I am anyways

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want some more low end out of the sound bar to round out the system, the rest of the Alpine system I am pleased with, well, now that I upgraded my dash speakers I am anyways

DO NOT BUY THE 6X9 FOR THE ALPINE SYSTEM. **Ignore everything I say here if you do the MB Quart amp upgarde too. That corrects the issue I am describing**

This kit was not fully thought out (for the factory Alpine amps). The 6x9" connects to the 3.5" wiring which only allows ~400hz-20khz out of the speaker. Knowing what I know now, I would have bought this piece meal through MB Quart. Replacement fronts as you see in the kit and then the same for the back with an adapter pate (if I can find one, likely cant fit a 6.5" with the 3.5") so I can use the proper crossover'd amps. As of now I have no mid bass in the back speaker. There is little benefit to the 6x9 for the Alpine system because of this. . Although the MB Quarts offer way more clarity even with this oversight.

I should also note that if you throw in the 3.5" from MB Quart you will be very unpleased with how cheap the Alpine speakers are. I was quite surprised.

Last edited:

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
DO NOT BUY THE 6X9 FOR THE ALPINE SYSTEM.

This kit was not fully thought out. The 6x9" connects to the 3.5" wiring which only allows ~400hz-20khz out of the speaker. Knowing what I know now, I would have bought this peice meal through MB Quart. Replacement fronts as you see in the kit and then the same for the back with an adapter pate(if I can find one) so I can use the proper crossover'd amps, as now I have no mid bass in the back speaker. There is little benefit to the 6x9 for the Alpine system because of this. Although the MB Quarts offer way more clarity even with this oversight.

I also needed to update my response after VerservJL updated his post to clarify that him and I are talking about the same thing.

If you buy the entire system, including the amps, the OEM amp is completely by passed and the only thing you are using is the Alpine head unit and some of the OEM wiring to the speakers.

When you purchase the system with the amps, you also receive an AMPpro which correctly identifies highs, mids and lows and does not allow sound to go to Alpine amp. Instead, sound is sent through RCA cables from the head unit to the Ampro, to the amps, to speaker wiring harnesses and then to the speakers. The only OEM wiring that is used is the wiring for rear overhead sound bar.

It is disconnected from the OEM speakers in the sound bar and plugged into the 6X9's. It is also disconnected from the OEM connector and plugs directly into the MB Quartz amp.

I purchased and installed the complete system when it was first announced and used the 40% off coupon. Mine sounds fantastic and both mids and highs are sent to the 6x9's.

Last edited:

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is not entirely true.

If you buy the entire system, including the amps, the OEM amp is completely by passed and the only thing you are using is the Alpine head unit and some of the OEM wiring to the speakers.

When you purchase the system with the amps, you also receive an Ampro which correctly identifies highs, mids and lows and does not allow sound to go to Alpine amp. Instead, sound is sent through RCA cables from the head unit to the Ampro, to the amps, to speaker wiring harnesses and then to the speakers. The only OEM wiring that is used is the wiring for rear overhead sound bar.

It is disconnected from the OEM speakers in the sound bar and plugged into the 6X9's. It is also disconnected from the OEM connector and plugs directly into the MB Quartz amp.

I purchased and installed the complete system when it was first announced and used the 40% off coupon. Mine sounds fantastic and both mids and highs are sent to the 6x9's.

100% correct. I am going to edit my post so I don't confuse poeple. The MB Quart speakers sound great but I am so disapointed in the 6x9 setup with the factory Alpine amp. Just not fully thought out for the Alpine system with only the speaker upgrade. Its still a hell of an improvement though.

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
100% correct. I am going to edit my post so I don't confuse poeple. The MB Quart speakers sound great but I am so disapointed in the 6x9 setup with the factory Alpine amp. Just not fully thought out for the Alpine system with only the speaker upgrade. Its still a hell of an improvement though.
I have to agree, since I also went with just the MB Quart speakers, minus the amps. Apparently, they released this without actually having tested them on a Jeep with the Alpine system. Granted, it's still an improvement over the stock Alpine speakers. However, the 6x9's don't work as well as advertised with the stock Alpine amp.

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the process now of trying to figure out what I can do for a speaker upgrade to the sound bar without bypassing the entire Alpine upgrade, I just need to find a full range speaker that has separate connections for a 2 or 3 way speaker, I have seen setups like this and i know it will work. Looking now. Alpine has a set you can buy that will do it, they are 500 bucks though, and I a have heard they are not worth that price point.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am in the process now of trying to figure out what I can do for a speaker upgrade to the sound bar without bypassing the entire Alpine upgrade, I just need to find a full range speaker that has separate connections for a 2 or 3 way speaker, I have seen setups like this and i know it will work. Looking now. Alpine has a set you can buy that will do it, they are 500 bucks though, and I a have heard they are not worth that price point.
I would imagine a component set installed without the crossover but a band pass filter used on the tweeter and hooked to the "tweeter" hookup do what you are after. I have coax 6x9's in the sound bar and they work fine, but honestly, that PUNY Alpine amp is not worth saving. I'm looking at just gutting it and installing a Audio Control D-5.1300 to power the system. I'll use the stock Alpine sub wired series/parallel to give the 4 channel sub about 75 watts to each channel for bass fill. When the factory sub takes a crap then I'll worry about putting in something better that will hit.

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would imagine a component set installed without the crossover but a band pass filter used on the tweeter and hooked to the "tweeter" hookup do what you are after. I have coax 6x9's in the sound bar and they work fine, but honestly, that PUNY Alpine amp is not worth saving. I'm looking at just gutting it and installing a Audio Control D-5.1300 to power the system. I'll use the stock Alpine sub wired series/parallel to give the 4 channel sub about 75 watts to each channel for bass fill. When the factory sub takes a crap then I'll worry about putting in something better that will hit.
Not a bad plan at all sir. I thought about it last night, and other than the sound bar, I'm happy with the Alpine system. I'm thinking about just getting an Audio Control Lc2I, adding a 2 channel amp and installing new JL Audio 6x9 in the sound bar, and running them from the new amp, and leaving the rest of the system as is for now. In my mind, it should give me the results I am looking for, which is more/better sound from the sound bar, especially with the windows down,. The front sounds great with the new JL Audio dash speakers I installed, and honestly, while the factory sub is not the greatest out there, it does give me enough low end.. Last time I upgraded my RAM to a whole new system with JL stealthbox etc, my kids who sit in the back always complained it was too loud for them, I ended up taking it all out LOL

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
40% off again on kit. Granted they raised the price. Just an FYI.

Code is overlandexpo2021
Sponsored