Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I previously posted this on the JeepGladiator forum.

Article at CE Outlook: https://www.ceoutlook.com/2021/04/21/mb-quart-adds-new-jeep-kit/
"MB Quart announced new vehicle-specific audio kits at Jeep Beach 2021 here. The new Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits are designed for Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT vehicles."

MB Quart Blog Post:
https://blog.mbquart.com/audio-meets-adventure-at-jeep-beach-2021-with-jeep-tuned-audio-kits/

Per @hydrobluedaytona - there is a coupon code jeepbeach2021 for the MB Quart site.

Kit pricing:
https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/

JE1-169SB: 6X9 INCH REAR SPEAKER SOUNDBAR MOUNTING KIT JEEP® WRANGLER (JL) / GLADIATOR (JT) TUNED AUDIO:
https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/je1-169sb/
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Any Jeep Owners have this installed? How do you like it? :)

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I just ordered the 800 watt kit is $1,599.99 on the MB Quartz site. Seemed way out of my price range until I put in the discount code. The discount code jeepbeach2021, is a whopping 40% off! There is no shipping charge through UPS and no tax charged if you are shipping outside of Illinois.

The instructions are very detailed and in color.

There is a lot in the kit and my price after everything was $959.00.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Talked to tech support at MB Quart about dialing in the audio at the end of the install. One can adjust gain in each of the two 400watt amps with a gain knob. Start with front speaker amp at 3/4 gain and the rear amp at 1/2 gain.

Besides that, the only other adjustments is with the existing head unit where one can vary spkr balance and equalization volume (Bass, Mid, High).

Last edited:

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Just ordered the 6 speaker kit without the amp. Came to $389 total with the discount code. I figured if it's not a significant enough improvement over my stock Alpine speakers, I could always add an amp later.

Sponsored

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
Mine showed up about 3 weeks ago and I got everything installed.

I've been so busy at work, I haven't had time to post anything about it.

Real quick.

Great system and a complete package. When I say complete, I mean complete. I only needed more zip ties.

One thing comes with the kit that MB Quart does not advertise, but they should; an Ampro4. This is the brain of this system. Maybe they do not because their name isn't on it.

Each amp is not adjustable, only has a physical gain adjustment, but a laptop plugs into the Ampro and adjustments are made there in the same manner as a physical adjustment on the amps normally are made.

The instructions are the best I have ever seen. In color and are very, very detailed with high quality pictures.

All tools needs are listed. The only tool that you will need that is not listed, is a 7mm wrench.

I will make a more detailed post later.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For those who have this system, hopefully you can answer a couple of questions.
  • Exactly what is powered by which amp? It comes with 2 400 watt amps. How many watts power which drivers? Any power to OEM Alpine subwoofer?
  • Can the amps/racks be mounted underneath the driver seat instead of the passenger (ARB twin compressor mounted under passenger seat)?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For those who have this system, hopefully you can answer a couple of questions.
  • Exactly what is powered by which amp? It comes with 2 400 watt amps. How many watts power which drivers? Any power to OEM Alpine subwoofer?
  • Can the amps/racks be mounted underneath the driver seat instead of the passenger (ARB twin compressor mounted under passenger seat)?
There are two included amps and one runs the front speakers (both knee and dash) and the second runs the 6x9's in the soundbar.

The rating of 400 Watts is 2 x 200W @ 2 ohms and 2 x 100W @ 4 ohms.

The rack fits the passenger side and the instructions have you put it there due to the wiring harnesses included.

Jeep Wrangler JL MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_3138.JPEG

The speaker wire from the sound bar and front speakers are setup to go to this spot. The power cable is just long enough from this spot.

If you want to run your own wires, then the driver's seat would be doable as the rack is held down by the seat's rear bolts.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There are two included amps and one runs the front speakers (both knee and dash) and the second runs the 6x9's in the soundbar.

The rating of 400 Watts is 2 x 200W @ 2 ohms and 2 x 100W @ 4 ohms.

The rack fits the passenger side and the instructions have you put it there due to the wiring harnesses included.

Jeep Wrangler JL MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_3138.JPEG

The speaker wire from the sound bar and front speakers are setup to go to this spot. The power cable is just long enough from this spot.

If you want to run your own wires, then the driver's seat would be doable as the rack is held down by the seat's rear bolts.
Thanks. If I understand your answer correctly, one dash tweeter and one knee midrange driver are powered by each channel. So are crossovers provided to send the correct frequencies to the correct drivers? Are all of the speakers 4 ohm or 2 ohm? I’m not a rear speaker guy (other than subwoofers), I prefer my music coming from in front of me. I might use the rears when there are rear passengers (seldom). I’d consider replacing the rear 6x9 full range speakers with some small 6.5” subwoofers.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. If I understand your answer correctly, one dash tweeter and one knee midrange driver are powered by each channel. So are crossovers provided to send the correct frequencies to the correct drivers? Are all of the speakers 4 ohm or 2 ohm? I’m not a rear speaker guy (other than subwoofers), I prefer my music coming from in front of me. I might use the rears when there are rear passengers (seldom). I’d consider replacing the rear 6x9 full range speakers with some small 6.5” subwoofers.
Jeep Wrangler JL MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021 IMG_3086.JPEG

That's correct. The box has the crossover and I didn't check the speaker for it's load.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
is this a true plug and play speaker upgrade? Also, is the speaker alone upgrade worth it using just he factory Alpine guts?