First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Update: The dealer installed the third driver front spring, drove up on rocks, and both driver and passenger springs hit the frame!

A lift expert at another dealer informed my dealer that the Mopar installation instructions are wrong and have the spring part numbers reversed! The ‘rule’ is the higher number part goes on the side of the fuel tank. Well on the diesel the fuel tank is on the opposite side.

So, they’re switching the springs now. We will see…
But it's a "Diesel specific" lift kit. You would think Mopar would know where the fuel tank is. But you are right. When I installed my Shrockworks rock sliders, the instruction for written for right side fuel tank, whereas on the diesel, the tank is on the left.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Why not just get the money back from the mopar kit and have a far better aftermarket kit done?
Probably the next step if the spring swap doesn’t work. Something like: please order all new hardware and put it back the way it came.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Update: The dealer installed the third driver front spring, drove up on rocks, and both driver and passenger springs hit the frame!

A lift expert at another dealer informed my dealer that the Mopar installation instructions are wrong and have the spring part numbers reversed! The ‘rule’ is the higher number part goes on the side of the fuel tank. Well on the diesel the fuel tank is on the opposite side.

So, they’re switching the springs now. We will see…
Awesome! Hope that fixes your problems.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Update: Swapping the springs made no difference. The dealer is making one more call to Chrysler. I’m not optimistic at this point.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is no OEM fix. The original suspension components are going back on.

Sponsored

ColoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 Rubicon
I had almost the exact same problem with my dealer installed Mopar lift kit. After two dealers and three sets of front springs they said rubbing the frame is normal for the front springs so there's nothing to fix. They said it's just a little kiss and nothing to worry about. 🤔🙄

I managed to almost fix it with an adjustable track bar. Now the passenger spring only rubs a full flex with the sway bar disconnected. I may be able to completely eliminate it with an another slight adjustment.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I had almost the exact same problem with my dealer installed Mopar lift kit. After two dealers and three sets of front springs they said rubbing the frame is normal for the front springs so there's nothing to fix. They said it's just a little kiss and nothing to worry about. 🤔🙄

I managed to almost fix it with an adjustable track bar. Now the passenger spring only rubs a full flex with the sway bar disconnected. I may be able to completely eliminate it with an another slight adjustment.
Oh no! Unacceptable in my opinion.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is no OEM fix. The original suspension components are going back on.
Stock suspension installed. Spring perches on wrong wheels. These matter since they shape the spring front to back. Control arm bolts loose. Cricket sounds.

To back to dealer. Reinstalled with spring perches on the correct wheels. Then springs not seated properly. Fixed the springs and torqued the bolts. Cricket sound still present on the drive home. Took it back in and driving around in my Cherokee loaner.

Looked at a 392 while at the dealer. Low hanging drain plug and exhaust is total fail for off road. A skid for these would reduce ground clearance way too much.

Test drove a Bronco during all this in my frustration with Jeep. It drives like a big ugly car. Terrible.

I don’t know how much more I can take…

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I know it's not a helpful answer but the MOPAR lift kit is trash. The spring bowing problem is just the tip of the iceberg and has been around for years.

The shocks are limited on how much flex they can give you and the springs will quickly just fall out at full flex should you go with better shocks.

For the same amount of money or slightly more you can get a better, more complete kit, that rides just as if not more smooth on the road.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Update: Swapping the springs made no difference. The dealer is making one more call to Chrysler. I’m not optimistic at this point.
The mopar lift for the diesel uses two of the same springs, front two are the same part # and rear two are same part number #. If the dealer doesn’t know that or can’t figure that out I wouldn’t trust them, another red flag if they can’t even put your stock parts back on right.
Are you sure they ordered you the correct kit for the diesel? If the springs have different part numbers for left and right they gave you the wrong kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 5076BE83-0842-45B9-BCAD-3DE5250DBA73

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
As others have already said, the Mopar kit is absolutely trash. In order to "fix" it, you need to add better spring seats, adjustable track bars, adjustable lower control arms, and longer shocks. Or, just buy a properly designed kit from a reputable vendor. A little research will help you find a better solution for your needs.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The mopar lift for the diesel uses two of the same springs, front two are the same part # and rear two are same part number #. If the dealer doesn’t know that or can’t figure that out I wouldn’t trust them, another red flag if they can’t even put your stock parts back on right.
Are you sure they ordered you the correct kit for the diesel? If the springs have different part numbers for left and right they gave you the wrong kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 5076BE83-0842-45B9-BCAD-3DE5250DBA73
It’s changed on the latest rev.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep B209DCB2-B6E0-4718-8059-F6A6BECECD7E

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As others have already said, the Mopar kit is absolutely trash. In order to "fix" it, you need to add better spring seats, adjustable track bars, adjustable lower control arms, and longer shocks. Or, just buy a properly designed kit from a reputable vendor. A little research will help you find a better solution for your needs.
I’ve installed a Mopar kit myself on a previous JL and had positive results. None of the things you mentioned were required, although they certainly improve the performance.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I’ve installed a Mopar kit myself on a previous JL and had positive results. None of the things you mentioned were required, although they certainly improve the performance.
Those are items that are needed for many, many people to make this kit function properly. All, or at least some of them. I don't think there is a different kit out there that has been criticized as much as this Mopar one. It seems that they engineered it to truly be only a two inch lift. But someone forgot to tell the guys who did the springs. As those have given people as much as 4 inches of lift, and throws the geometry all out of whack. Which then results in needing some of those items I mentioned before to correct the geometry again.
Sponsored