Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
At this point it seems questionable as to whether or not this badge belongs on my Jeep:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep E7BA06C5-FFF7-4B05-BA2C-171F0F524EA6

I have a 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel. I wanted a functional lift for better breakover angle and to fit 35s. I have had many many problems with my previous JL and wanted to add a lift without any warranty compromises. After terrible experiences at one dealer, I found a great dealer that Iā€™ve been working with for a while now. I had them install the Mopar Lift Kit. They installed it properly. I know because Iā€™ve done one myself on my previous JL and verified the install (spring seat in perch, rubber nubs at the top, spring part numbers at each wheel, etc.).

The first issue was misshapen passenger and driver springs in the front:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 85DCF8E4-B2B7-4B99-B164-49808B9F66FE

The passenger spring rubbed the frame when the tire was raised on a small ramp:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 71B44F29-6ED9-4058-9D95-19F2401496AA

After confirming a proper install, Mopar advised the dealer to replace both springs. The new passenger spring is better:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep AE81C00C-693A-48CF-A651-3828B8A662CC

But, itā€™s still close to rubbing with climbing a small rock:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 2D7C3E98-D977-45D0-9007-5A1ECEEDCFBF

The driver spring is the same as the original, S-shaped.

Now Mopar says order another driver spring.

Ok, so Iā€™ve asked the dealer to test at full articulation as well. Iā€™m worried about that passenger spring when it compresses. Iā€™m also worried that the third driver spring will be the same as the other two.

Is there a path to a working lifted suspension that doesnā€™t use third party parts?

Is there anyone out there with a working Mopar Lift (diesel or not) that doesnā€™t have S-shaped springs that hit the frame?

Has anyone tested this lift at full articulation? Do you have photos of what these springs are supposed to look like??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
At this point it seems questionable as to whether or not this badge belongs on my Jeep:
E7BA06C5-FFF7-4B05-BA2C-171F0F524EA6.jpeg

I have a 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel. I wanted a functional lift for better breakover angle and to fit 35s. I have had many many problems with my previous JL and wanted to add a lift without any warranty compromises. After terrible experiences at one dealer, I found a great dealer that Iā€™ve been working with for a while now. I had them install the Mopar Lift Kit. They installed it properly. I know because Iā€™ve done one myself on my previous JL and verified the install (spring seat in perch, rubber nubs at the top, spring part numbers at each wheel, etc.).

85DCF8E4-B2B7-4B99-B164-49808B9F66FE.jpeg

71B44F29-6ED9-4058-9D95-19F2401496AA.jpeg

After confirming a proper install, Mopar advised the dealer to replace both springs. The new passenger spring is better:
AE81C00C-693A-48CF-A651-3828B8A662CC.jpeg

2D7C3E98-D977-45D0-9007-5A1ECEEDCFBF.jpeg

Ok, so Iā€™ve asked the dealer to test at full articulation as well. Iā€™m worried about that passenger spring when it compresses. Iā€™m also worried that the third driver spring will be the same as the other two.

Is there a path to a working lifted suspension that doesnā€™t use third party parts?

Is there anyone out there with a working Mopar Lift (diesel or not) that doesnā€™t have S-shaped springs that hit the frame?

Has anyone tested this lift at full articulation? Do you have photos of what these springs are supposed to look like??

Check to make sure your axle is centered. Side to side. You may need an adjustable track bar, also get some RK spring perches

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 93B42C6D-0E5C-4D2E-A90C-18E89E0C7605

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My hunch is that it's because you have a diesel which is much heavier than the Mopar lift kit was designed for. People who were initially adding this kit to the 4xe's were seeing the same problem, bowed springs, so Mopar designed one specifically for the added weight. Wonder if you would do better to get the 4xe 2" lift kit instead?

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 93B42C6D-0E5C-4D2E-A90C-18E89E0C7605

Seen this on my jeep after replacement springs. You will need to check the up spring pad. I had to rotate my 180 degrees when I changed out mine to the rock krawler springs and correction pads.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Check to make sure your axle is centered. Side to side. You may need an adjustable track bar, also get some RK spring perches

An adjustable trackbar would help with the running and was my first thought. However the springs shouldnā€™t bend like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the suggestions. Understand those RK perches are a good idea. It is a diesel specific kit, so the springs should handle the extra weight. Also, I know the axle is off center and this could be fixed with the adjustable trackbar. But, the Mopar Kit should at least be functional without these, true?

Will the trackbar fix the spring shape and frame clearance? Anyone have before and after experience with these?

Should I expect the dealer to use aftermarket parts to fix for free if thatā€™s what it takes?

And why after four years of the JL can JPP not get springs right???

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestions. Understand those RK perches are a good idea. It is a diesel specific kit, so the springs should handle the extra weight. Also, I know the axle is off center and this could be fixed with the adjustable trackbar. But, the Mopar Kit should at least be functional without these, true?

Will the trackbar fix the spring shape and frame clearance? Anyone have before and after experience with these?

Should I expect the dealer to use aftermarket parts to fix for free if thatā€™s what it takes?

And why after four years of the JL can JPP not get springs right???
The track bars should at bare minimum fix the clearance of the spring where it touches the frame. Something to consider is that all springs settle over time. My king coil overs settled 2-3 inches after a year or two of use. So it is possible that those bends could work themselves out. Do you hear any slapping or weird noises when driving it over things? Does it bounce around a lot?

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The track bars should at bare minimum fix the clearance of the spring where it touches the frame. Something to consider is that all springs settle over time. My king coil overs settled 2-3 inches after a year or two of use. So it is possible that those bends could work themselves out. Do you hear any slapping or weird noises when driving it over things? Does it bounce around a lot?
Drove it home and started testing with my small ramp. Didnā€™t get very far with the spring hitting the frame at about half articulation.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drove it home and started testing with my small ramp. Didnā€™t get very far with the spring hitting the frame at about half articulation.
Is it only one side hitting the frame? If the other side has a lot of space then a track bar would prolly fix your problem. Donā€™t forget if you do the front, the backs gonna need them too.

Sponsored

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Is your axle centered, you might need adjustable track bars. It looks like your axle is being pushed hard over to the driver side. I only added 1.5" spacers to my Ecodiesel and I needed track bars to re-center my axles. Edit: Just noticed that a couple other have mentioned track bars.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Got it - trackbars. This will help the passenger spring for sure. The drivers is close to hitting now though, so Iā€™m not sure about that.

But, is it possible to drive this Jeep away from the DEALER with the Mopar stuff working (able to fully articulate without hitting)???

I think I can fix it myself, but given my past experiences I would like to avoid working on it until the warranty is up. If I have to I will, but itā€™s truly unbelievable that the factory upgrades donā€™t work! Maybe itā€™s the rarity of the diesel.

Last edited:

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
You had me at . . . ." I know the axle is off center . . . . ." Might want to start there.

G.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You had me at . . . ." I know the axle is off center . . . . ." Might want to start there.

G.
Any amount of lift will shift the axle since the trackbar length doesnā€™t change. The point is the kit should ā€˜workā€™ without a new trackbar even though the axle is slightly off center. There is no Mopar adjustable trackbar.
Sponsored