Sponsored

Maybe a stupid idea? Mojave front springs on jl?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
So Ive been looking at getting a set of spacers to compensate for added weight up front, but I got to thinking, what if we swapped the mojave springs into the front?

Assuming that a mojave sits an inch higher in the front than a standard gladiator rubi, maybe this could be a way to get some of the bump travel back and compensate for added weight on the JL?

I’m thinking it could possibly be an option other than spring spacers.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Or just get JLUR springs, there are a bunch floating around.

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Or just get JLUR springs, there are a bunch floating around.
Already running rubi springs;)

It was an idea to correct for weight as it all stands right now

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I dont think youd have a problem fitting them.

for reference, i added 165lb to the front of my Mojave and it compressed the front 1/4 inch. That said, given how soft Rubi springs are, my guess would be that your frequency tuning and ride would be completely jacket up, but thats just me guessing. I think youd be better off keeping your spring sets matched. The Mojave spring is going to be too stiff for the Rubi shock valving and id think youd bounce The front.

pic below shows how high it sits above a 37” tire For reference if you decide to go with it.

hope that helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe a stupid idea? Mojave front springs on jl? F42223EF-69A9-4E38-A13A-C4CC4BB91638

OP
OP
CptFloridaMan

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I dont think youd have a problem fitting them.

for reference, i added 165lb to the front of my Mojave and it compressed the front 1/4 inch. That said, given how soft Rubi springs are, my guess would be that your frequency tuning and ride would be completely jacket up, but thats just me guessing. I think youd be better off keeping your spring sets matched. The Mojave spring is going to be too stiff for the Rubi shock valving and id think youd bounce The front.

pic below shows how high it sits above a 37” tire For reference if you decide to go with it.

hope that helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe a stupid idea? Mojave front springs on jl? F42223EF-69A9-4E38-A13A-C4CC4BB91638
Thanks for that. So far from searching ive found that the mojave springs free length are actually shorter, and they’re slightly stiffer than the JL Rubi springs.

I don’t think that the free length would be an issue with shocks fully extended at 25in though.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Thanks for that. So far from searching ive found that the mojave springs free length are actually shorter, and they’re slightly stiffer than the JL Rubi springs.

I don’t think that the free length would be an issue with shocks fully extended at 25in though.
groovy. Let us know how it turns out
Sponsored