Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I hope this helps others make decisions on what rack they want to go with as I have not seen a lot of pictures for the short rhino rack platform with Maximus-3 brackets. Furthermore, I have not seen many show how the interior brackets look if you have headliner.

Words of advice, measure everything inside in out more times they you would ever like, take your time, and it will come out awesome!

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3138
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3139
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3140
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3199
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3200
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 w/Short Rhino Rack Platform on a JLUR IMG_3201
Sponsored

OP
OP
chris4prez

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Nice! I like your use of the flex lights with the rail in the front. How did you run power to them? Lights are next on my list and trying to figure out best way to run power up there extremely cleanly.

Jruedastinger

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
Nice! I like your use of the flex lights with the rail in the front. How did you run power to them? Lights are next on my list and trying to figure out best way to run power up there extremely cleanly.
I ran it across the pioneer platform and ran it through the rear glass hinges. Once inside went through the top liner and underneath the carpet. Pretty easy once you have a plan.

OP
OP
chris4prez

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I ran it across the pioneer platform and ran it through the rear glass hinges. Once inside went through the top liner and underneath the carpet. Pretty easy once you have a plan.
Nice. Did you use any quick disconnect harness or connector once inside in case you ever wanted to take the top off? If so I’d be curious to see what you used. I’ve been looking at a few different connectors online but nothing I’m thrilled with not looking like cheap junk.

Sponsored

nismo1013

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 392 AEV370
Also have the Maximus-3 w/ short Pioneer Platform on a JLUR with headliner. Your tolerances around your mounts are much tighter than mine though!

IMG_9927.jpeg

IMG_9929.jpeg

IMG_9930.jpeg

IMG_9938.jpeg

IMG_9943.jpeg

IMG_9933.jpeg

IMG_9935.jpeg

IMG_9944.jpeg

catortega3881

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, BMW M4, Porsche Macan GTS
Happy to have found this thread. Your rack and Jeeps look great. A few questions:

-where do you buy the rhino “short” rack? Is the short the same as the “2 door” from rhino rack?

-with the Maximus mounts, do you have to cut around the already installed headliner, or can you mount right through it?

-do you know if you can still mount/use xg cargo bags on the roll bars with the Maximus mounts installed?

-what is the height of the rhino rack from the hard top once installed? It looks really low profile which I like, but it’s hard to tell from thE photos.

thanks!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner