Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Long overdue comparison pic of swapping the factory hook to the maximum-3 rear recovery points. The hole is a bit too small, I have some crosby shackles that the pin fit everything, but the pin wont go through these :(
EEFFBA77-A98-B-4-FCA-AF72-9-E495057458-E.jpg
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Long overdue comparison pic of swapping the factory hook to the maximum-3 rear recovery points. The hole is a bit too small, I have some crosby shackles that the pin fit everything, but the pin wont go through these :(
EEFFBA77-A98-B-4-FCA-AF72-9-E495057458-E.jpg
Looks awesome! They really do make great quality products. I have their SLP grille guard and stealth front plate bracket, and was also looking at rear tow points but am still undecided about whether I'll stick with the factory steel bumper or not.

What is your Crosby pin size that's a no go? And was it just a simple bolt on, or did it require some fitting like their front tow points?

OP
OP
crbrenny

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! They really do make great quality products. I have their SLP grille guard and stealth front plate bracket, and was also looking at rear tow points but am still undecided about whether I'll stick with the factory steel bumper or not.

What is your Crosby pin size that's a no go? And was it just a simple bolt on, or did it require some fitting like their front tow points?
It was a pretty simple bolt on. On the passenger side, I couldn't insert the nut bracket into the frame as they described, but since I had a flexible magnet, I was able to drop it into the frame through a hole and maneuver it into place easily.

I have 3/4" body crosby shackles, 3, and all the pins fit in my Warn Front recovery points, and my Factor55 ultrahook, all pictured, but none of the pins will fit through the Maximus-3 rear recovery points, as i said, very frustrating. I may drill the holes out but I have to think about the best way to do that.
F8748936-3-EC3-4-D38-88-D8-6-C33117-B3593.jpg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It was a pretty simple bolt on. On the passenger side, I couldn't insert the nut bracket into the frame as they described, but since I had a flexible magnet, I was able to drop it into the frame through a hole and maneuver it into place easily.

I have 3/4" body crosby shackles, 3, and all the pins fit in my Warn Front recovery points, and my Factor55 ultrahook, all pictured, but none of the pins will fit through the Maximus-3 rear recovery points, as i said, very frustrating. I may drill the holes out but I have to think about the best way to do that.
Assuming they aren't case-hardened, hand drilling in place is possible with the right setup, but would very slightly reduce the wall thickness and pulling strength of the brackets. Hardened or not, a machine shop could easily open the holes very cleanly and be able to do it off-center to avoid removing any meat from the pull side. They would also need to be recoated.

I own a milling machine, but would still personally just get a set of 5/8" Crosby's dedicated to the rear.

OP
OP
crbrenny

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming they aren't case-hardened, hand drilling in place is possible with the right setup, but would very slightly reduce the wall thickness and pulling strength of the brackets. Hardened or not, a machine shop could easily open the holes very cleanly and be able to do it off-center to avoid removing any meat from the pull side. They would also need to be recoated.

I own a milling machine, but would still personally just get a set of 5/8" Crosby's dedicated to the rear.
If they were hardened, I'd be VERY surprised haha. I would like any shackel to work on any corner, but I get what you're saying. I found a soft shackle that works, so I will probably just use that. I just have mile OCD and want them all the same haha.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I bought a set of these a few weeks ago to pair with the front Maximus-3 tow loops. So far, I have been shipped two sets, and both were flaking powdercoating before I could get them unwrapped out of the protective plastic.

I know these will get banged up the first trip after they are installed, but it would be nice if I could get a set that actually looked new once...
IMG_20200131_161652.jpg

OP
OP
crbrenny

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had coating issues on everything I got from Maximus-3

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I had coating issues on everything I got from Maximus-3
My front tow loops had no major coating issues (they were purchased many months earlier though). The fronts are a complete PITA to install, but they look good.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator

Like those Warn front recovery points. Did you install those with the bumper off prior to installing your winch or afterwards, possibly without removing the bumper? I recognize there is cutting to do but the thought of taking the bumper off post-Warn10S install crushes my spirit. Getting those inside nuts off and back on again to remove the bumper would be an all day affair. And while not ideal setup, the Maximus 3 point install instructions look as if one could cut the bumper and install points without removing the bumper. Thanks

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
And while not ideal setup, the Maximus 3 point install instructions look as if one could cut the bumper and install points without removing the bumper.
You'r going to want to take the bumper off with the Maximus-3 front tow loops.

I've actually gotten pretty good at removing/reinstalling the front bumper with a Zeon 10S installed. It just takes the right combination of sockets & extensions. The initial winch plate install was such a PITA though, mostly due to the change in design & out of date instructions.

I bought a set of these a few weeks ago to pair with the front Maximus-3 tow loops. So far, I have been shipped two sets, and both were flaking powdercoating before I could get them unwrapped out of the protective plastic.

I know these will get banged up the first trip after they are installed, but it would be nice if I could get a set that actually looked new once...
IMG_20200131_161652.jpg
Rubitrex got everything sorted out, and I now have the Maximus-3 rear tow loops installed. Fairly simple install, but I did need to slightly loosen the passenger side bumper L bracket in order to slip the "nut plate" inside the frame. No trimming necessary with the steel bumper. I am somewhat concerned that the OEM exhaust tip could make contact with the tow loop (maybe 3/8" clearance)... could be an issue with other aftermarket exhausts.

OP
OP
crbrenny

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Like those Warn front recovery points. Did you install those with the bumper off prior to installing your winch or afterwards, possibly without removing the bumper? I recognize there is cutting to do but the thought of taking the bumper off post-Warn10S install crushes my spirit. Getting those inside nuts off and back on again to remove the bumper would be an all day affair. And while not ideal setup, the Maximus 3 point install instructions look as if one could cut the bumper and install points without removing the bumper. Thanks
I did install them with the bumper off but you could probably do it with the bumper on, you'd have to cut more of the bumper off i think., but it may be possible.

Its a pain, but i'd take the bumper off and do it right.
Sponsored