Sponsored

Maximus-3 rack configuration - Winter Ski Rack

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I've got a '21 JL Rubicon 2dr and I'm looking at the Maximus-3 rack. I'm not sure how to get it to fit my needs. I have a hard top and don't plan on removing it, freedom panels off are good enough for me. In the summer I need a cargo rack for camping/overlanding which I'm sure the adaptable Pioneer platform will handle well. In the winter (the part I'm not sure about) all I need on my roof is a ski rack for at least 4 pairs of skis. I'm a huge fan of the Thule ski racks with sliding extenders, best feature ever and pretty much a must.

How would I use the Thule ski rack with the Maximus-3?
If I mount the Thule rack on top of the Pioneer platform (I think I've seen cross-rails available for that) it doesn't look like there is a lot of clearance for the underside binding since the Thule rack is on a platform instead of raised bars, IDK if the underside bindings will fit. It doesn't give me confidence that the Rhino ski rack only shows skis on the rack with the bindings up. Or would I remove the Pioneer platform for the season and put Thule bars on the Maximus-3 mounting points? Is that even possible?

Any direction on how I'd do this would be appreciated.
Sponsored