Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Maximus-3 , any confirmation that the Apex Badlands 12k winch sold by Harbor Freight works with your mounting plate? Thanks!
I do not have first or second-hand experience with that particular winch. According to the published dimensions, that winch should fit just fine. I have a customer testing this out now, should have his feedback early next week.

If I was a betting man, I would bet yes. Stay tuned for confirmation.
Thanks @Maximus-3 for the discount.

Finally got around and installed Apex Badlands 12k wit Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate.

posted the details in this thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...x-12-000-winch-lower-price.44490/post-1153611
Sponsored

PepperE

First Name
Pepper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 1975 Ford Bronco
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories B53E6B2C-9865-4BBF-85CC-412FDB261C8B
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories A5A3A2F8-9F66-4805-A893-DD0A443AC27B
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories 3D40F1C7-87E0-449A-B81B-0415A0B11A53
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories 1F602983-D4F0-46D0-8D98-373CEE5BA29C

If you’re looking for an easy to install, quality winch plate for your JL - Maximus has it. Combined with the Smittybilt X20, I had no problem getting to the bumper bolts and there is plenty of clearance between the winch and grill. I had several questions during the install and the guys at Maximus made it easy. Really pleased with their products and service.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
@Maximus-3, how do you tell the difference between the two D-ring loops? I can’t find anything to identify which is driver and which is passenger.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Something like this is not currently on our radar...but you are the second person recently to ask about it.
For now we are very happy with our JL D-Ring Loops & JL Tow Loops. Maybe down the road, but it wouldn't be anytime soon.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will voice it at our next Maximus-3 meeting. .
I would be the third person.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Got my winch fully installed today.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories C82922DC-1265-493F-99F7-384614D0C8C8

Big thank you to @RNAV for their post with tips.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories 5C75BC3A-EDD5-430C-8250-02477F979068

I found some 3/4” spacers from Rugged Ridge that allowed me to mount without clearance issues for the handle. They were also necessary to clear the bolts from the Maximus-3 Recovery points.

Sponsored

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories 5C75BC3A-EDD5-430C-8250-02477F979068

I found some 3/4” spacers from Rugged Ridge that allowed me to mount without clearance issues for the handle. They were also necessary to clear the bolts from the Maximus-3 Recovery points.
I actually just posted in a separate thread a couple days ago that I ordered the same exact setup: Max 3 Winch plate, Rugged Ridge Spacers, and Apex Badland Winch. I took a chance and ordered the Rugged Ridge spacers hoping that the 3/4" would help the clutch lever clear the bumper and it's great to hear that it all fit together nicely. Just waiting on my Maximus 3 Winch Plate in the mail (ordered over a week ago) and I'm hoping it comes in soon so I can finish up this project. I've had the winch hanging out in my garage for the past two weeks.

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)

Also forgot to ask. Did the supplied Rugged Ridge extended bolts work on the Badlands Winch or did you need to buy some extra bolts and if so which size did you end up going with? Thanks!

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Also forgot to ask. Did the supplied Rugged Ridge extended bolts work on the Badlands Winch or did you need to buy some extra bolts and if so which size did you end up going with? Thanks!
The Rugged Ridge ones are too long, I forget what size I bought. I have the part number still, so I’ll try to find them and post back here. I think I bought 40mm or 45mm because 35’s were referenced for smaller spacers.

Edit: it looks like I went full 50mm.

Last edited:

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
The Rugged Ridge ones are too long, I forget what size I bought. I have the part number still, so I’ll try to find them and post back here. I think I bought 40mm or 45mm because 35’s were referenced for smaller spacers.

Edit: it looks like I went full 50mm.
@Some Random Guy Thanks for checking into that for me. Saves me a couple of trips to the hardware store especially with the bumper off which is a huge help. :like:

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
Finally got my winch installed and I am really happy with the result. I am running a Maximus JL Winch Plate + Centering Plate, Max Glide Fairlead (Red), Rugged Ridge 3/4" Spacers, Maximus Filler Plates, Maximus Low Mount License Plate Bracket, and Apex Badland 12,000lbs Winch. @Some Random Guy the 50mm bolts worked perfectly with the Rugged Ridge Spacers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories 64315393860__ED10F851-6F22-4D61-A49B-A87CD454E3B3

I have no clearance issue with the clutch handle hitting the bumper thanks to the Rugged Ridge Spacers. I did run into some install issues with the Maximus Winch Plate, though to be fair it was mostly due to inconsistencies in the welds on the frame of the Jeep than anything else. One side fit perfect, but the bracket on the other side was over 1/2 inch out of place. I ended up having to grind a bit of the Maximus plate bolt holes down to make it fit, but I did get it to finally go and it looked great in the end.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories IMG_9567

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories IMG_9569

I used a tip I saw in a Northridge 4x4 winch mounting youtube video to remove the fender to make wiring of the winch power/ground a lot easier. Ended up being 5 bolts and a clip and once I had the fender removed it was really easy to tuck the cables up cleanly and ziptie it to some brackets in the engine bay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories IMG_9572

I unfortunately received the wrong filler plates from Rubitrux which looks like the JK filler plates since it required the rivnut installation, whereas the JL version has a slot for the power cable and utilizes the existing hole to create threads directly to the frame. Needless to say the JK plates do not fit at all and I unfortunately already installed the rivnuts and ended up having to drill out a bigger hole to accommodate it. I will end up needing to get a replacement and just utilize the existing rivnuts to mount the plates most likely.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
I found grinding the Jeep welds was easier than adjusting the holes. Maximus’s product is designed to fit tight, and any deviation in the size of the welds will cause misalignment of the bolt holes. Just a heads up for anyone else having alignment issues.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Finally got my winch installed and I am really happy with the result. I am running a Maximus JL Winch Plate + Centering Plate, Max Glide Fairlead (Red), Rugged Ridge 3/4" Spacers, Maximus Filler Plates, Maximus Low Mount License Plate Bracket, and Apex Badland 12,000lbs Winch. @Some Random Guy the 50mm bolts worked perfectly with the Rugged Ridge Spacers.

I have no clearance issue with the clutch handle hitting the bumper thanks to the Rugged Ridge Spacers. I did run into some install issues with the Maximus Winch Plate, though to be fair it was mostly due to inconsistencies in the welds on the frame of the Jeep than anything else. One side fit perfect, but the bracket on the other side was over 1/2 inch out of place. I ended up having to grind a bit of the Maximus plate bolt holes down to make it fit, but I did get it to finally go and it looked great in the end.

I used a tip I saw in a Northridge 4x4 winch mounting youtube video to remove the fender to make wiring of the winch power/ground a lot easier. Ended up being 5 bolts and a clip and once I had the fender removed it was really easy to tuck the cables up cleanly and ziptie it to some brackets in the engine bay.

I unfortunately received the wrong filler plates from Rubitrux which looks like the JK filler plates since it required the rivnut installation, whereas the JL version has a slot for the power cable and utilizes the existing hole to create threads directly to the frame. Needless to say the JK plates do not fit at all and I unfortunately already installed the rivnuts and ended up having to drill out a bigger hole to accommodate it. I will end up needing to get a replacement and just utilize the existing rivnuts to mount the plates most likely.
Are the spacers you used the ones that are made for the JK?

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
Are the spacers you used the ones that are made for the JK?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the ones I purchased were for the JK as the bolt distance is standard spacing for both the Apex and Warn winches. The height of the spacer did provide the necessary clearance for the clutch handle. FWIW, the spacers were extremely solid and slightly textured which helped keep it in place during the install.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the ones I purchased were for the JK as the bolt distance is standard spacing for both the Apex and Warn winches. The height of the spacer did provide the necessary clearance for the clutch handle. FWIW, the spacers were extremely solid and slightly textured which helped keep it in place during the install.
Thank you for your reply. I ordered the spacers a few weeks ago, still waiting on shipment.

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Im running warn evo 10,000 winch. What filler trim plates would I use?

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Winch Plate & Accessories Bumper Finished
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.