Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I looked at the Rockjock setup and they mounts sit low and stick too far out for crawling.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) 1648917353911
Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
The roadmaster tow bar is what I ordered. It works with the factory steel bumper and the warn 10s evo.

2drSportOC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door sport
This is disturbing. I purchased the tow loops in February 2020 and there was no mention of any additional tie rod support needed for safely flat towing. If Maximus3 realized additional parts were needed to keep their customers safe, I would expect them to be proactive and notify those who purchased the tow loops. They clearly store the emails of customers. @Maximus-3 your previous post in response to this issue is not a good look. Please do the right thing.

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
I think that may be the Currie tow bar? If so, it had good reviews but I liked the aesthetics of the tow loops just a bit more. I recall seeing many positive reviews of that system on the forums.
Ignore the tow bar. I have a Roadmaster. Just looking at the Rockjock mount instead of the Maximus tow loops. The Maximus tow loops obviously need the cross bar but that prevents stowing of the towbar.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Maximus 3 provided a lifetime stuctural warranty. I take that to imply any structural damage caused by using their product as intended is covered.

That is good news. I will ask for my bill to be itllemized for repair of the structural damage. This is removal of the bumper, Winch, tow brackets. Welding the damaged frame. Reinstall bumper and winch.

I don't expect them to cover the replacement bumper or tow system, but do expect to be covered for the repair costs and refund of defective product.
FYI, even if that express warranty didn't exist, *generally* under product liability law, a seller of a defectively designed product that damages other property of the purchaser is liable to pay the purchaser for those damages. So you'd be protected anyway.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
I looked at the Rockjock setup and they mounts sit low and stick too far out for crawling.
I have the RockJock baseplate on my 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel. I have towed it over 3000 miles without incident. Blue Ox tow bar with "ready brake". I purchased my Jeep with the plastic bumper group. Replaced the front bumper with a one-off steel bumper and a winch. The RockJock baseplate also acts as a "front skip plate", replacing the flimsy sheet metal one that came with the plastic bumper. It is a beefy plate. The arms do stick out a bit, but they are plated on the bottom.

I haven't hard-core, rock-climbing wheeled with it yet, but I look at it this way. The arms will act as a "push up" point on that rock that is just a bit too tall. Even before I drive the bumper into the rock.

Mike

IMG_E1908.JPG

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, even if that express warranty didn't exist, *generally* under product liability law, a seller of a defectively designed product that damages other property of the purchaser is liable to pay the purchaser for those damages. So you'd be protected anyway.
Well that's good to know. I was just looking at it from the eye of how I would treat my customers. I purchased this product in good faith, and assume they will treat me right.

Based on their marketing messages, I have every reason to believe they will make me whole and I just need to reach out to them with supporting evidence and related costs.

I really don't want to understand what the law says, as I am sure that good faith and reputation are all that is necessary.

As a small business owner myself, I understand that things happen. It's how you deal with it that matters.

As far as the most recent post here by maximus 3, it reaks of double speak and marketing from an employee that does not speak for the owner. I am willing to wait until I have all of my damage assessment complete and give the owner a chance to be informed and evaluate.

Since I have another issue with M3 and their game changer brackets, I figured I would get all of the information gathered first and present it.

Since this bracket was so serious, I decided to jump the gun and get this out into Public before everyone starts summer travel.

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the RockJock baseplate on my 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel. I have towed it over 3000 miles without incident. Blue Ox tow bar with "ready brake". I purchased my Jeep with the plastic bumper group. Replaced the front bumper with a one-off steel bumper and a winch. The RockJock baseplate also acts as a "front skip plate", replacing the flimsy sheet metal one that came with the plastic bumper. It is a beefy plate. The arms do stick out a bit, but they are plated on the bottom.

I haven't hard-core, rock-climbing wheeled with it yet, but I look at it this way. The arms will act as a "push up" point on that rock that is just a bit too tall. Even before I drive the bumper into the rock.

Mike

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) IMG_E1908.JPG
I don't think it hangs down that much. Looks to be less than the Maximus tow loops. There is nothing that could hit them that you could get your differential over anyway. That is why you get a tire on the rock and not try to straddle it

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
I don't think it hangs down that much. Looks to be less than the Maximus tow loops. There is nothing that could hit them that you could get your differential over anyway. That is why you get a tire on the rock and not try to straddle it
Agreed. The "rocks" I was talking about are the big, steep ones like at Moab. You pull up to them (or come down off of them) and the front end wants to scrape up them to get you started. LOL

Sponsored

Fftoddster

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two many
Clubs

Well this sucks. I just ordered a Rubicon and ordered the steel bumpers specifically so I could use the Maximus tow loops for towing. (i would have saved $ and gotten a bumper capable of towing.

I dont know how Maximus tie rod attaches to tow bar, but you would think they would come up with a way to just pin them with removable pin so you could store your towbar when not in use.

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this sucks. I just ordered a Rubicon and ordered the steel bumpers specifically so I could use the Maximus tow loops for towing. (i would have saved $ and gotten a bumper capable of towing.

I dont know how Maximus tie rod attaches to tow bar, but you would think they would come up with a way to just pin them with removable pin so you could store your towbar when not in use.
Go with the Rockjock.

Fftoddster

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two many
Clubs

does a winch plate tie the two frame rails together and solve the problem or is it still an issue even with the winch plate?

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This winch plate ties the frame rails together but does nothing to tie the Maximus tow loops together to prevent loop bending and frame rail damage.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This winch plate ties the frame rails together but does nothing to tie the Maximus tow loops together to prevent loop bending and frame rail damage.

Correct. I had the winch plate installed, and it did nothing to help.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.