First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Well, I went to hook up the tow bar and found that the hole on the passenger side is a hair smaller than 7/8”, so the pin doesn’t fit. The pin fits fine in the other 3 holes. I sent an email off to Maximus about it we’ll see what they say.
I wonder uf the paint might be a little thick on the one side? I can't imagine the holes were made different sizes.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I am running front and rear loops on my Rubicon with steel front and rear bumpers. The only issue that I had was the passenger rear flag nut had to be ground a bit to allow it to slip into the hole in the frame without having to remove the rearbbumper. I removed the front bumper to install the front loops. Both sets are very nice and quite beefy.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I wonder uf the paint might be a little thick on the one side? I can't imagine the holes were made different sizes.
That may be it, it’s a tiny amount. But I even tried to hammer the pin in and it didn’t work. I didn’t want the pin to get stuck or to chip the paint down to the metal.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
That may be it, it’s a tiny amount. But I even tried to hammer the pin in and it didn’t work. I didn’t want the pin to get stuck or to chip the paint down to the metal.
Maybe a Dremel with a small sanding disc

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hello, first post here. I’m wondering if anyone is running with any of the Roadmaster adapters for example the #rm035. I did read one person was using them without issue and another person saying there was an issue with the upward travel of the tow bar where the adapter was hitting the bottom of the bumper. I already have a Roadmaster tow bar and hoping to stick with it using the Maximus-3 Tow Loops.
thanks!
Bruce
I am running the road master. I am using nylon washers to remove the slack, and will upgrade to metal washers soon. Otherwise 8500 trouble free towing miles and going.

Sponsored

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler Rubicon,
I am running the road master. I am using nylon washers to remove the slack, and will upgrade to metal washers soon. Otherwise 8500 trouble free towing miles and going.
Thanks for the reply,
so with the oem steel bumpers you have not any issues with the upward movement of the tow bar having the the tow bar adapters coming up against the bottom of the bumper using the Roadmaster tow bar and adapters? If you have had no problems this is the set up I’ll be going with.

thanks again
Bruce

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use hitch stabilizers on all my hitch connections.

My rv required. 3 in drop so that was 1 extension. Then the Roadmaster 10k tow bar. Both of these have hitch stabilizers and my tow bar is .75" off level front to back. I have no movement or sway. Very stable.

My jeep has a 4 bike rack on the hitch, along with a hitch stabilizer there too. Very sturdy.

These are what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPRDRJ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mCoJFbRWBCNY0

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use hitch stabilizers on all my hitch connections.

My rv required. 3 in drop so that was 1 extension. Then the Roadmaster 10k tow bar. Both of these have hitch stabilizers and my tow bar is .75" off level front to back. I have no movement or sway. Very stable.

My jeep has a 4 bike rack on the hitch, along with a hitch stabilizer there too. Very sturdy.

These are what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BPRDRJ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mCoJFbRWBCNY0
Sorry but i think you maybe misunderstood what I was asking.
In this picture you can see where there might be a problem with the Roadmaster adapter, I was wondering if you found you had any issues here?
This is not my unit but just a picture I found on the interne.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) 1603072531273

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I see what you are asking. Mine does not look that close, and I have no rub marks on the skid plate.

Sponsored

Doug Huse

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, Fire Cracker Red, 2019 Winnie M/H, Kia
Where does one look for an adapter-clevis to marry a tow loop to a Roadmaster tow bar?

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where does one look for an adapter-clevis to marry a tow loop to a Roadmaster tow bar?
The Roadmaster #rm-035 adapters are the closest ones to working with the Maximus-3 Tow Loops. They are built to fasten to a 3/4” lug where the Maximus tow loops are only 5/8”. I think this isn’t a big problem with adding some shims t take up the gap. The other possible problem I’ve seen mentioned was in the upward travel of the tow bar the adapter comes up close to the bottom of the steel bumpers, doesn’t seem to be a problem on the plastic bumpers.

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I am using the Maximus-3 tow loops with a Rugged Ridge Arcus winch bumper on my Gladiator. The Arcus provided bolts were not long enough to get through the added width of the beefy Maximus tow loops. No problem. I replaced all the Arcus bolts with longer grade 8 bolts. I have towed the Jeep on a few trips since installing. It tows better than the previous JK 2 dr, and the Maximus tow bar mounts have not budged. Happy customer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) 1603072531273
Good job! I have that bumper and would like see if you could share additional side pics showing the loops below the bumper. Inwas wondering how far the loops extend below the Arcus bumper too.. I'm guessing you didn't have to cut the bumper and I see you got the fog lights installed also. Awesomeness!
Greg

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Good job! I have that bumper and would like see if you could share additional side pics showing the loops below the bumper. Inwas wondering how far the loops extend below the Arcus bumper too.. I'm guessing you didn't have to cut the bumper and I see you got the fog lights installed also. Awesomeness!
Greg
The factory led fog lights that came with the Rubicon's plastic bumper bolted right on. The factory steel skid worked too with a little grinding on the mounts. I did have to cut the Arcus bumper's outer cover a little. No big deal. This is the only picture that I have on my computer at the moment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) Maximusloops

gandk

First Name
Greg and Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
campsite.bio
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
The factory led fog lights that came with the Rubicon's plastic bumper bolted right on. The factory steel skid worked too with a little grinding on the mounts. I did have to cut the Arcus bumper's outer cover a little. No big deal. This is the only picture that I have on my computer at the moment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) Maximusloops
Looks great! I want it now. But need the blue ox tow bar adapters...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.