Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
In a parking lot? Bump stops are not in play for backing out of a parking lot.

See my posts above, I am on slighlty uneven ground and have contact.
Oh my bad, yeah thats gotta be lift height, i wouldnt do the flip till over 4”, and maybe even taller. Im just shy of 6” and i can get away with the bottom mount still if i want without a huge noticible difference honestly.
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
My theory is the RockCrawler 3in springs where designed for less weight. I know my weight is in the upper range of most.

My shocks are the falcon sp2 3.3. I should be good to up the springs another 1 inch.

Since I have the maximus lift, I am unclear on which ones will need to be changed. The swaybar links possibly. The upper and lower control arms should be ok with the relocation brackets.

Update: Spoke with maximus 3. They are just now back from beach week. They are looking into this.

Last edited:

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
I haven't had any further contact that I could tell. But I plan to repaint and see if any scraping is occurring. I still have the plastic bumper and no other additional weight.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I compared measurements with a tech at maximus-3. We determined that on level ground our jeeps match identically. We are both on 37s.

The issue is with my extra weight, when load shifts even a little towards front, I drop 1/4" more than it should. That's where contact comes in.

The solution I am going with is to increase spring height to 4.5". This will keep the geometry as designed and resolve my issue.

For the record, my build is:
2020 JLUR 3.6L auto
Maximus 3 geo lift 3.5" kit
Falcon sp2 3.3
Rock hard steel skid plate
Steel bumper
Xeon winch
17 gal auxiliary fuel tank
Hard top

Certainly a heavy build compared to what it was when I first installed the lift. Adding the skid plates appears to be the final straw, as that was when I really noticed the problem.

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I compared measurements with a tech at maximus-3. We determined that on level ground our jeeps match identically. We are both on 37s.

The issue is with my extra weight, when load shifts even a little towards front, I drop 1/4" more than it should. That's where contact comes in.

The solution I am going with is to increase spring height to 4.5". This will keep the geometry as designed and resolve my issue.

For the record, my build is:
2020 JLUR 3.6L auto
Maximus 3 geo lift 3.5" kit
Falcon sp2 3.3
Rock hard steel skid plate
Steel bumper
Xeon winch
17 gal auxiliary fuel tank
Hard top

Certainly a heavy build compared to what it was when I first installed the lift. Adding the skid plates appears to be the final straw, as that was when I really noticed the problem.
RB, you appear to have the same foundation JLUR with hardtop and 3.5" Geolift and Falcons w/reservoirs, steel bumpers and Xeon winch, but I don't run skids or the aux fuel tank (I'm on 38.5" Patagonias) - I'm not experiencing the contact you report. Just looking at this thread for the first time, but your diagnosis and planned remedy look logical. Can you share more about your aux fuel tank Please? Are you running a roof rack or security plate/cover over your cargo area? Thanks, Sven

Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RB, you appear to have the same foundation JLUR with hardtop and 3.5" Geolift and Falcons w/reservoirs, steel bumpers and Xeon winch, but I don't run skids or the aux fuel tank (I'm on 38.5" Patagonias) - I'm not experiencing the contact you report. Just looking at this thread for the first time, but your diagnosis and planned remedy look logical. Can you share more about your aux fuel tank Please? Are you running a roof rack or security plate/cover over your cargo area? Thanks, Sven
I am running diabolical for the back, rustys tire carrier, and the LRA aux fuel tank.

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am running diabolical for the back, rustys tire carrier, and the LRA aux fuel tank.
Thanks Ronnie. I keep my hardtop on the hoist from May to November (Minnesota) and keep the soft top open most of the time. I really need a security enclosure and I've been looking at the diabolical - looks like the best available option and well engineered, but I'm worried it will be a rattle trap. For my JK I wouldn't have cared, that was more prone to rattles, but the JL has elevated my expectations. How long have you had the Diabolical and what has been your experience with rattles? Did you use heat shrink on the pins or plastidip them? Do you recommend the matts?

I saw they shortened the tie-down rails to keep from cutting into the soft top when retracted. Do you bungie the soft top when back?

I'm using Maximus' tire carrier and that thing has been quiet and squeak free, but I don't hang a shovel, axe or Jerry cans on it around town.

I'll look into the LRA - the 3.6 is a thirsty guy on trails and it would nice to have the additional fuel - make a long weekend off the grid a lot more enjoyable not watching the fuel gauge with dread.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I’m having trouble finding links to an install video or to the instructions. The videos in this thread appear to be set to private or something.
Can anyone help me out? I’m trying to figure out if this install is beyond me or not. I was originally planning a Clayton Overland 3.5, but almost everything on my rig or in my build plan is already Maximus. I like the potential reduced front driveline stress of the correction brackets and it appears springs/shocks are all I need to go 4.5.
I’m partial to Maximus since I’m from Lake Orion and my grandparents lived down the road from them.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Ronnie. I keep my hardtop on the hoist from May to November (Minnesota) and keep the soft top open most of the time. I really need a security enclosure and I've been looking at the diabolical - looks like the best available option and well engineered, but I'm worried it will be a rattle trap. For my JK I wouldn't have cared, that was more prone to rattles, but the JL has elevated my expectations. How long have you had the Diabolical and what has been your experience with rattles? Did you use heat shrink on the pins or plastidip them? Do you recommend the matts?
I did the heat shrink on the pins. Just needed to prevent metal on metal.

I did not order their mats, but ordered boat mats from amazon for a lot less. Allows items to be stored on top without scratching or sliding.
I saw they shortened the tie-down rails to keep from cutting into the soft top when retracted. Do you bungie the soft top when back?.
I use small velcro loop straps. I then use longer ones to go thru the smaller and whatever I want to secure. Fast, quiet, and lite weight.

I'm using Maximus' tire carrier and that thing has been quiet and squeak free, but I don't hang a shovel, axe or Jerry cans on it around town.

I'll look into the LRA - the 3.6 is a thirsty guy on trails and it would nice to have the additional fuel - make a long weekend off the grid a lot more enjoyable not watching the fuel gauge with dread.
The LRA tank is great. With the geolift kit I am having clearance issues, especially when climbing. The driveshaft is hitting the tank and the screws are gouging into the tank.
Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Geo-Lift System & High Steer Kit 20210507_163316

I am going to reshape the tank to make room for the driveshaft.

This weekend I am installing Syngergy 4-5in springs to address the draglink issue. Afterwards I am going to do some flexing with my 2 post lift to try to recreate the axle problem. I may be able to add bump stops to fix cheaper.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m having trouble finding links to an install video or to the instructions. The videos in this thread appear to be set to private or something.
Can anyone help me out? I’m trying to figure out if this install is beyond me or not. I was originally planning a Clayton Overland 3.5, but almost everything on my rig or in my build plan is already Maximus. I like the potential reduced front driveline stress of the correction brackets and it appears springs/shocks are all I need to go 4.5.
I’m partial to Maximus since I’m from Lake Orion and my grandparents lived down the road from them.
The install was very easy. I did it with jack stands and 2 floor jacks. Would have been easier with my 2 post, but I didn't want to wait for the 2 post to be delivered.
I couldn't find the instructions online so I scanned my paper instructions to pdf for you. They are attached.

As with all orders from Maximus 3, be prepared to make a few trips to the hardware store. They outsource the hardware to other vendors and often the wrong hardware is included. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of before you take apart your only transportation method.

The geo lift kit is exceptional quality, and the handling is better than factory. You can't go wrong with this kit.

Another thing to watch out for is the Rock Krawler spring perch pads. They are different per side. I didn't get instructions in the kit, and didn't think to look for them. I installed the perch on opposite sides and had a very low passenger side.

Attachments

Sponsored

jjbardis74

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
The install was very easy. I did it with jack stands and 2 floor jacks. Would have been easier with my 2 post, but I didn't want to wait for the 2 post to be delivered.
I couldn't find the instructions online so I scanned my paper instructions to pdf for you. They are attached.

As with all orders from Maximus 3, be prepared to make a few trips to the hardware store. They outsource the hardware to other vendors and often the wrong hardware is included. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of before you take apart your only transportation method.

The geo lift kit is exceptional quality, and the handling is better than factory. You can't go wrong with this kit.

Another thing to watch out for is the Rock Krawler spring perch pads. They are different per side. I didn't get instructions in the kit, and didn't think to look for them. I installed the perch on opposite sides and had a very low passenger side.
Yeah I have never installed a thing on a vehicle before and I did it. Just follow instructions and take your time.

58809869-8472-4E96-A2BC-0743DD7DC63D.jpeg

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Anyone using stock wheels? I’m considering running a street set in addition to my offroad beadlocks so I don’t rip through my offroad tires as quick. It looks like the JL is becoming my daily driver.
I can’t really find any info on backspacing requirements. I’m targeting 37’s.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock wheels will not fit. They contact the stabilizer links at the rear.

My wheels are -12 offset, but a 0 offset might work.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Stock wheels will not fit. They contact the stabilizer links at the rear.

My wheels are -12 offset, but a 0 offset might work.
Thanks, I have some Rock Monsters ordered but didn’t want to daily drive with my planned Iroks. I think I’ll just have to suck it up and accept the tire wear. I’m not sure I’m willing to buy another set of wheels just for around town.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I have some Rock Monsters ordered but didn’t want to daily drive with my planned Iroks. I think I’ll just have to suck it up and accept the tire wear. I’m not sure I’m willing to buy another set of wheels just for around town.
Could use spacers
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.