Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
  • Banned
I've seen where some have blown their speakers or they were faulty in some way. Was wondering what level of volume I can play before I risk popping a speaker. I like Vol 24 with XM radio when the top is down on the highway. My equalizer is pretty much flat. has anyone had it much higher and not had issues?
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I've seen where some have blown their speakers or they were faulty in some way. Was wondering what level of volume I can play before I risk popping a speaker. I like Vol 24 with XM radio when the top is down on the highway. My equalizer is pretty much flat. has anyone had it much higher and not had issues?
I consistently have my volume between 28 and 34 top up or down with the alpine system and have never had an issue

albatross

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 1993 YJ
Dang....reading the posts above makes me feel like an old man. I normally have my volume between 6 or 8.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Dang....reading the posts above makes me feel like an old man. I normally have my volume between 6 or 8.
If you old need volume 6 because you have hearing aids from 1986 you might be an old man. ;)

Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
I have found this one is not like my 2016 alpine, seems much quieter and less bass.. then randomly one day sitting still it was like it got loud and all bass came in, but then is cuts back out. Not fully cut out, but just quieter almost like someone’s turning the volume up and down... Almost like amp is not working right.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I have found this one is not like my 2016 alpine, seems much quieter and less bass.. then randomly one day sitting still it was like it got loud and all bass came in, but then is cuts back out. Not fully cut out, but just quieter almost like someone’s turning the volume up and down... Almost like amp is not working right.
That doesn’t seem right at all, I had the alpine in my 2015 and while that was good, the JL seems much better to me. I’d check your settings under audio and make sure the settings where it adjusts the sounds as the cabin gets noisier is just turned off, maybe that’s what you’re noticing

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
That doesn’t seem right at all, I had the alpine in my 2015 and while that was good, the JL seems much better to me. I’d check your settings under audio and make sure the settings where it adjusts the sounds as the cabin gets noisier is just turned off, maybe that’s what you’re noticing
I’ve adjust the settings, The one on my hard rock was awesome. This one even found myself thinking I shouldn’t have upgraded it and just put in an aftermarket one. It’s not only the bass that does it though.. it’s odd and then will randomly go in like it’s supposed to be sound good and then will kind of cut back down. All of The speakers are on when it does it but it sounds Almost as if some are turning off and on.

krazyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
I’ve adjust the settings, The one on my hard rock was awesome. This one even found myself thinking I shouldn’t have upgraded it and just put in an aftermarket one. It’s not only the bass that does it though.. it’s odd and then will randomly go in like it’s supposed to be sound good and then will kind of cut back down. All of The speakers are on when it does it but it sounds Almost as if some are turning off and on.
I don't have my Wrangler yet, but something similar happened with the Bose system in my Mazda. I figured out that it was the navigation volume which was turned to volume 1 instead of 0. Everytime there was a turn or something, the speakers would go lower so navigation could be heard, but the navigation voice was so low I couldn't hear it. It just sounded like the speakers were going in and out. Took me a while to figure it out, but after I turned off the navigation voice, it didn't happen again. Could this be what's going on with yours?
Sponsored