First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm sure this might have been asked and answered but looking to see if any knows the max tire size you can install on a stock base JLU sport without installing any lift?

Cheers
Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
33's fit fine. 35's fit with little rubbing at full turn. 37's fit with lots of rubbing. search and you'll see a couple sports with 37's here that are tightttt waiting on a lift for sure.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
33's fit fine. 35's fit with little rubbing at full turn. 37's fit with lots of rubbing. search and you'll see a couple sports with 37's here that are tightttt waiting on a lift for sure.
35 will rub quiet a lot in moderate trails also from what I read...i believe someone tried it

Sponsored

Sohail

First Name
Sohail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Granite
Did not want to start a new thread... so here you go.
Need your suggestion fellow Jeepers.. I am looking to upgrade the tires on my JlU sport keeping the OEM wheels, will these tires be fine on them - BFG LT285/75R17 / E 121S.
Thanks a ton!

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Did not want to start a new thread... so here you go.
Need your suggestion fellow Jeepers.. I am looking to upgrade the tires on my JlU sport keeping the OEM wheels, will these tires be fine on them - BFG LT285/75R17 / E 121S.
Thanks a ton!
looking at same size nitto - other threads say a resounding yes, but not for any real offroad use without potential rubbing

they’re actually about 34, not 33, so plan is to get the teraflex leveling kit when it’s ready - under 200 bucks and bumps front up 2 inches, rear 1 inch and that should be more than enough

other concern is euro cover on sport bumper - i plan to get a new front bumper so should address that rubbing spot if it happens...now need to figure out if wheels should also get small spacers too to handle tight turns and avoid any rubs

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
looking at same size nitto - other threads say a resounding yes, but not for any real offroad use without potential rubbing

they’re actually about 34, not 33, so plan is to get the teraflex leveling kit when it’s ready - under 200 bucks and bumps front up 2 inches, rear 1 inch and that should be more than enough

other concern is euro cover on sport bumper - i plan to get a new front bumper so should address that rubbing spot if it happens...now need to figure out if wheels should also get small spacers too to handle tight turns and avoid any rubs
I have a lift with those tires and Rubicon wheels no rubbing anywhere you will need a spare tire relocating bracket at least I did on my sport interefered with bumper.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
I have a lift with those tires and Rubicon wheels no rubbing anywhere you will need a spare tire relocating bracket at least I did on my sport interefered with bumper.
the rubicon wheel on sport rim interfered with bumper?

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm sure this might have been asked and answered but looking to see if any knows the max tire size you can install on a stock base JLU sport without installing any lift?

Cheers
That's kind of a loaded question. It all depends on what you're planning to do with it. If all you're planning on doing is pounding pavement you could probably squeeze a skinny 33 or 35 under it with maybe minor rubbing the larger you go.

If you're going to be off roading your Jeep, you'll could probably get away with a 33's with a leveling kit or 35's with a small lift.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
You could easily get away with a 285/75/17. BFG KO2 makes them now.
Installed on your Jeep they will be 32.86” tall and the sidewall width at 11.3”. You shouldn’t have any rubbing at that point, without a lift. Even if you did, 1 turn of the steering stop which you wouldn’t notice would take care of anything.

Sohail

First Name
Sohail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Granite
Thanks, that does make sense.

6t6stang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
could I fit 315/70/17 on my stock 2018 JLU Sport S, or would wheel spacers do the trick? or do I actually need a 2'' lift??

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
could I fit 315/70/17 on my stock 2018 JLU Sport S, or would wheel spacers do the trick? or do I actually need a 2'' lift??

Any which way you look at it, you’re going to need to do something. On a sport you may need wheel spacers to compensate for not having enough offset on the factory wheels.

Also to try and mitigate tire rub on your frame I’d suggest considering a narrower tire. You’d be surprised what a difference a tire with an inch less in width and I’ll make. Play around with various p-metric combos to get the desired tire height.

Also not sure if you plan to off road the Jeep or not. Whether you or or aren’t you will need to do something to avoid tire rub on the fenders. You can get away with a budget boost which adds spacers to the factory suspension to give you lift. This will give you the clearance in your wheel wells for the larger tires. If you plan to run a BB for an extended period (nothing wrong with doing so), just make sure to pony up for a complete kit.
Sponsored