Max Terrain Fender Flare Set, F & R; 18-20 JL/JLU

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
A first in first out would be difficult with all the various resellers out there. If you place an order with say Quadtratec, your order isnt in queue with Rugged Ridge until Quadratec sends a po over to Rugged Ridge. Maybe Quadtratec only places 1 weekly order with Rugged Ridge, this is just speculation but it would be hard to do a first in first out when going through a reseller. Now if you ordered directly with Rugged Ridge your cutting out the middle man and now you might have a chance of getting them sooner than others. Its hard to tell where exactly you might be in line. We dont NEED the fenders right now which is why I ordered them yesterday because they are on sale right now. I got them for $458 for the set and I have a buyer lined up to buy my oem rubicon fenders for $350 so my net cost is about $150 for these Rugged Ridge fenders after tax. I'll take it!
Well, hopefully there is some process in place that gives priority to those that ordered first. Most vendors do it this way, so hopefully RR is notified when an order is placed. What would be the incentive for someone to order a month ago if someone that orders now gets same priority? While i did find a discount code when I ordered them almost a month ago, I'm surprised they are allowing discounts on them before they are even shipped. It's great that you got them that cheap, but it is frustrating they are already being discounted. Without knowing for sure, I really don't want to cancel the order to delay the shipment 2 months. I still show an ETA for the ones I ordered for the end of April, but I'm sure it won't be that soon.
Sponsored

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
Well, hopefully there is some process in place that gives priority to those that ordered first. Most vendors do it this way, so hopefully RR is notified when an order is placed. What would be the incentive for someone to order a month ago if someone that orders now gets same priority? While i did find a discount code when I ordered them almost a month ago, I'm surprised they are allowing discounts on them before they are even shipped. It's great that you got them that cheap, but it is frustrating they are already being discounted. Without knowing for sure, I really don't want to cancel the order to delay the shipment 2 months. I still show an ETA for the ones I ordered for the end of April, but I'm sure it won't be that soon.
Where did you order from? Did you buy directly from Rugged Ridge? If so that is your best chance to have the best ETA and to get yourself in line as your purchasing direct from the manufacture. if you purchased through a reseller like Quadratec, 4WP, Extreme Terrain etc... who knows where your spot in line would be. Sometimes resellers wont place an order with the manufacture until they have a certain dollar amount and then they place a large single order with the manufacture after they have say 5-10 orders built up. The reseller may get better discounts if they send an order for $50k to the manufacture vs a $500 single order. Hopefully the reseller you chose immediately puts an order in with the manufacture after an order is received by a consumer. I ordered through Quadratec because that company currently has 15% off across the board for all Rugged Ridge products. So if you were to go to Quadra to order right now the web price is $509. I called quadtratec and spoke with a sales rep over the phone and told them i was a member of this forum and he was able to piggy back a forum discount ontop of the promotion that rugged ridge is running bringing the price down to $458. Figured now is a good time to place an order since they are almost $150 off MSRP which is $599.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you order from? Did you buy directly from Rugged Ridge? If so that is your best chance to have the best ETA and to get yourself in line as your purchasing direct from the manufacture. if you purchased through a reseller like Quadratec, 4WP, Extreme Terrain etc... who knows where your spot in line would be. Sometimes resellers wont place an order with the manufacture until they have a certain dollar amount and then they place a large single order with the manufacture after they have say 5-10 orders built up. The reseller may get better discounts if they send an order for $50k to the manufacture vs a $500 single order. Hopefully the reseller you chose immediately puts an order in with the manufacture after an order is received by a consumer. I ordered through Quadratec because that company currently has 15% off across the board for all Rugged Ridge products. So if you were to go to Quadra to order right now the web price is $509. I called quadtratec and spoke with a sales rep over the phone and told them i was a member of this forum and he was able to piggy back a forum discount ontop of the promotion that rugged ridge is running bringing the price down to $458. Figured now is a good time to place an order since they are almost $150 off MSRP which is $599.

As far as I know, you can't order directly from RR. You have to use one of their dealers. I ordered from Morris 4x4. But I believe they have actually taken them down from their site. I did get a confirmation that they would be shipping between April 24-28 but I'm sure that will slide. I sent a message to RR asking if priority is being given to orders that were placed a month ago. And if it would matter if I ordered then or now. If not, I may cancel the one with Morris and go with Quad. That's over $100 savings off what I paid. We'll see what they say.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
As far as I know, you can't order directly from RR. You have to use one of their dealers. I ordered from Morris 4x4. But I believe they have actually taken them down from their site. I did get a confirmation that they would be shipping between April 24-28 but I'm sure that will slide. I sent a message to RR asking if priority is being given to orders that were placed a month ago. And if it would matter if I ordered then or now. If not, I may cancel the one with Morris and go with Quad. That's over $100 savings off what I paid. We'll see what they say.
Just found this rebate form. So another 5% savings on top of the already discounted savings I have. So my net price will be closer to $430 after the mail in rebate for those fenders.
https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/embedded/OMIX-FAMILY-2020-Offer.pdf

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I opened a ticket w RR to get dimensions.

Here is their response:

The front flares are 11.5" wide, from hood catch outward. They are 6.5" wide at the rear side of the flare. The rear flares are just over 5.5" wide.

Your Omix Support System Team

Sponsored

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Where did you order from?

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t order yet. I want to compare size w my rubicon. Will post what I figure out soon.

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered thru Quadratec with forum discount & tax... $526 and change

Sponsored

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Max Terrain dimensions:

The front flares are 11.5" wide, from hood catch outward. They are 6.5" wide at the rear side of the flare. The rear flares are just over 5.5" wide.

pics of my rubicon JL flares shows about 9.5 on front from hood latch and 4 3/4 on rear flares.

anyone have any thoughts on the pics I’m showing - any different way to measure? Otherwise these flares from RR look to be wider at top which would be good for folks who want more tread coverage or need it to pass inspection.

9D8C12B2-64C5-45C8-8EED-EB715965551F.jpeg

902A2595-F274-45F9-96D6-983940EBA56E.jpeg

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Canceled my order for these and got some shocks instead. I'll reorder once they are actually out in the wild.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Tagging this; trying to decide if I want to go this route on my sahara

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Max Terrain dimensions:

pics of my rubicon JL flares shows about 9.5 on front from hood latch and 4 3/4 on rear flares.

anyone have any thoughts on the pics I’m showing - any different way to measure? Otherwise these flares from RR look to be wider at top which would be good for folks who want more tread coverage or need it to pass inspection.

Jeep Wrangler JL Max Terrain Fender Flare Set, F & R; 18-20 JL/JLU 902A2595-F274-45F9-96D6-983940EBA56E

Jeep Wrangler JL Max Terrain Fender Flare Set, F & R; 18-20 JL/JLU 902A2595-F274-45F9-96D6-983940EBA56E
My guess is that they are 11.5 wide at their widest point, not from the latch. I would measure from the widest point on the stock flare, which looks to be just in front of the latch. Either way, based on this video: , they are roughly 1/4" wider.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I had not seen these until today. I was all ready to order some Rubicon flares for my Sport but now I'm considering these. I am assuming though that they have a similar wheel opening to the trimmed Rubicon flares? That my make my 35s on 2in lift look too small.
Sponsored