Sponsored

Max Terrain Fender Flare Set, F & R; 18-20 JL/JLU

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Rugged Ridge has their new flares listed on the web page..... does anyone have a set?
Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
They are just taking pre-orders right now. Word is, they won’t ship until end of April/First of May. I ordered a set today.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Very interested in the product, with that said,
Their product images are so terrible though... NO I don't want my Jeep to look like that..

5454.JPG

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
They are just taking pre-orders right now. Word is, they won’t ship until end of April/First of May. I ordered a set today.

Thanks... It appears from the pics that fender support or partial front liner is included.

Do you know if a inner liner or what inner liner would fit with the flares.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks... It appears from the pics that fender support or partial front liner is included.

Do you know if a inner liner or what inner liner would fit with the flares.
i think any aftermarket will work, but Rugged Ridge obviously used theirs at SEMA. I ordered the American Adventure Labs inner fenders.

Sponsored

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
So we have a 2018 Rubicon Unlimited and we were thinking of just doing the fender chop kit and removing the lower section of our Rubicon Fenders and using the Rugged Ridge or Artec chop kit and putting the small round marker light in there for some type of blinker option. The american adventure labs chop kit seems nice but its a bit pricey. I just saw these and this kit almost looks like the oem rubicon flares with the american adventure LED kit installed on it. Does anyone else get that feeling about the appearance of the Rugged Ridge kit?

I've talked with a manufacture who makes bumpers for JL's and I asked him if he was going to make any tube fenders and he said no. His reasoning was due to the aluminum body panels on the JL that if you lean into a rock or tree with metal tube fenders, damage the body of the jeep since there is no give with the fenders. I can see that being accurate but not 100% sure since I dont know anyone that has damaged their body with metal tube fenders hitting a solid object. This is why i'm leaning towards doing the oem chop kit on our rubicon fenders, going with these rugged ridge molded plastic fenders or the bushwacker fenders.

Anyone else have these same thoughts? What would you do, order these or the bushwacker kit or just spend a $180 and do the artec/RR chop kit with small LED light?

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
looks like they pushed back the preorder ship date to June 26th:( @ Quadratec. I ordered mine from Northridge they don't list a date.

Anyone else have these same thoughts? What would you do, order these or the bushwacker kit or just spend a $180 and do the artec/RR chop kit with small LED light?
I don't care for the appearance of the bushwackers. If I already had the Rubicon fenders I would go with the AAL brackets. Its still cheaper than the RR fenders with a very similar appearance and clearance. If you go with the RR or Artec chop brackets you loose the good looks but might cry less if you damage them. The RR brackets come with lights and are about the same price as the Artecs with lights.

I'd be willing to do metal tube fenders with a subframe and not worry too much about body damage but have yet to see any I like the looks of other than metalcloak and they cost more than twice the price.

Shack

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the AAL's and did a bit of a modified version of the fender chop. I left the very innermost part of the inner liner intact, which allowed me to keep the skeleton area at the rear of the fender in place for added structural integrity. It did mean leaving a little bit of the additional edge on in that area, which looks a little weird. I also hacked up the inner fenders a bit to keep them until I make up my mind on what inners I want. I'll try to grab some pics tomorrow to show what I did.

Sponsored

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if these are wider than rubicon fenders?

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pre-ordered these fenders! ETA is Mid July Ship Date.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pre-ordered these fenders! ETA is Mid July Ship Date.
I'm assuming they are going to ship in the order the orders were placed. And I'm hoping that the current ETA is on orders that are placed now. Last I heard, the first orders were going to start shipping in May or June at the latest.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming they are going to ship in the order the orders were placed. And I'm hoping that the current ETA is on orders that are placed now. Last I heard, the first orders were going to start shipping in May or June at the latest.
A first in first out would be difficult with all the various resellers out there. If you place an order with say Quadtratec, your order isnt in queue with Rugged Ridge until Quadratec sends a po over to Rugged Ridge. Maybe Quadtratec only places 1 weekly order with Rugged Ridge, this is just speculation but it would be hard to do a first in first out when going through a reseller. Now if you ordered directly with Rugged Ridge your cutting out the middle man and now you might have a chance of getting them sooner than others. Its hard to tell where exactly you might be in line. We dont NEED the fenders right now which is why I ordered them yesterday because they are on sale right now. I got them for $458 for the set and I have a buyer lined up to buy my oem rubicon fenders for $350 so my net cost is about $150 for these Rugged Ridge fenders after tax. I'll take it!
Sponsored