Max Regen button not working as stated

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Wondering if everyone else is having this problem, or is there a setting I have yet to find, or is there something wrong with my car?

The Hybrid supplement manual states: NOTE: The Max Regeneration feature will remain on once selected, even after the vehicle is restarted

But after I turn the car off a restart the max regen is back to off and I have to press it again. Not the biggest deal, but I am just wondering if all of yours are doing this (and the manual is wrong) or if there is something wrong with my car. Let me know!

Thanks., - John
Sponsored

eLECTRICON

Wondering if everyone else is having this problem, or is there a setting I have yet to find, or is there something wrong with my car?

The Hybrid supplement manual states: NOTE: The Max Regeneration feature will remain on once selected, even after the vehicle is restarted

But after I turn the car off a restart the max regen is back to off and I have to press it again. Not the biggest deal, but I am just wondering if all of yours are doing this (and the manual is wrong) or if there is something wrong with my car. Let me know!

Thanks., - John
Mine does the same. I was trying to play with settings to keep it on but didn't see anything.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Mine does the same. I was trying to play with settings to keep it on but didn't see anything.
It was originally going to be a latching thing but that was changed before we got them. I heard from someone that has one of the test mules that theirs changed from latching to non-latching during a software update. I was able to confirm with one of the engineers that they are non-latching at this time but that we should stay tuned on this issue.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.

Thanks., - John
It was originally going to be a latching thing but that was changed before we got them. I heard from someone that has one of the test mules that theirs changed from latching to non-latching during a software update. I was able to confirm with one of the engineers that they are non-latching at this time but he said that we should stay tuned on this issue.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It was originally going to be a latching thing but that was changed before we got them. I heard from someone that has one of the test mules that theirs changed from latching to non-latching during a software update. I was able to confirm with one of the engineers that they are non-latching at this time but that we should stay tuned on this issue.
I'm guessing it was an overlook when doing the software update. There is no reason to not allow it to stay on. I know why they default to off with the engine on/off feature but regen doesn't have anything to do with mpg decreasing. It can allow more electric use causing better mpg, so shouldn't be any issue with keeping it on.

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Thanks, hopefully they will fix this in the next software update, as that is what they are claiming it does!

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Are the updates OTA or do we have to go to the dealership?
I don't think Jeep is in the 21st century yet for over the air. For my Cherokee though they would mail a USB drive. I have also found updates on torrent sites and applied them myself. Otherwise I would guess you would have to go to the dealer.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I don't think Jeep is in the 21st century yet for over the air. For my Cherokee though they would mail a USB drive. I have also found updates on torrent sites and applied them myself. Otherwise I would guess you would have to go to the dealer.
Same....they mail a flash drive for my jeep grand cherokee or the dealership does it. Now my GM products hook up to my wifi and do the updates.
Sponsored