Matching tires to wheels.

Kangarhew

First Name
Rhew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I will be getting a new JLU sport S in January, and of course one of the first things I want to do is put new 33 inch tires on, and possibly a new set of wheels. I’ve heard good things about the Dick Cepek fun country tires so I’m thinking about getting those. Would the 285/70r17 fit the stock wheels? And if I decide to get new wheels, how do I know which ones would fit those tires. Obviously I don’t know anything about tires or wheels so I was hoping for some help.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You can run those tires on your OEM wheels. If you get new wheels and want a closer to stock fit (tires closer to the fenders) look for offsets in the +10 to +18 on 8.5 width or +18 to +25 on 9" width. If you may end up going to wider tires like a 315 you should get a bit less positive on the offset to allow for more room to the inside.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
I will be getting a new JLU sport S in January, and of course one of the first things I want to do is put new 33 inch tires on, and possibly a new set of wheels. I’ve heard good things about the Dick Cepek fun country tires so I’m thinking about getting those. Would the 285/70r17 fit the stock wheels? And if I decide to get new wheels, how do I know which ones would fit those tires. Obviously I don’t know anything about tires or wheels so I was hoping for some help.
Go here and play with the numbers... It helped me a lot.

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Sponsored