Sponsored

Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Installed the Mastertop Tonneau cover & WIndjammer combo.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastert.../msp-wind-tonneau-combo-jl-2-dr-hardtop-twill
Thanks to @Billkowski for the info and the Twill choice, it is a nice cloth for sure.

Pretty easy install, that final stretch to get the opposite side rail to tuck under the metal edge took some ooomph but got it done, would be much easier in warmer temps. Nice tight fit, quality construction, great Twill fabric, and does a great job keeping the wind down going down the road. Only used w/ my Alien shade, so with the freedom panels I'd imagine you'd barely get any wind in the cabin. @Quadratec did a great job w/ the discount quote, the quick shipping, and the packaging, all top notch! Got the top delivered in 3 days, yahoo!
Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer img_0890-

Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer img_0899-

Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer img_0894-

Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer img_0904-
Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Question - I've been looking at their Tonneau cover & Windjammer combo primarily for the windjammer because I already have a metal slipstream cover installed in the back.

Do you think the Tonneau would be able to stretch enough to fit over the Slipstream rails? I'm thinking if installed on a hot day in the sun...

Picture of rails off the internet for visual, not my JLU.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer 6ad95db26db6ded385e5cc238c3ab817

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Question - I've been looking at their Tonneau cover & Windjammer combo primarily for the windjammer because I already have a metal slipstream cover installed in the back.

Do you think the Tonneau would be able to stretch enough to fit over the Slipstream rails? I'm thinking if installed on a hot day in the sun...

Picture of rails off the internet for visual, not my JLU.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mastertop Tonneau Cover & Windjammer 6ad95db26db6ded385e5cc238c3ab817
I'd imagine w/ enough heat it would work, like a hair dryer (not a heat gun). I would be concerned w/ those sharp edges of that angle iron tearing into the cover over time though. Not sure if you can purchase just the windjammer alone, but if so, you could probably sew a velcro strip to the lower winjammer section, and apply the other velcro to the slipstream cover, that might work better (and cheaper if you can get just the jammer).

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'd imagine w/ enough heat it would work, like a hair dryer (not a heat gun). I would be concerned w/ those sharp edges of that angle iron tearing into the cover over time though. Not sure if you can purchase just the windjammer alone, but if so, you could probably sew a velcro strip to the lower winjammer section, and apply the other velcro to the slipstream cover, that might work better (and cheaper if you can get just the jammer).
Appreciate your reply. Yes, I was thinking the sharp metal edge could be covered with thin rubber "U" channel which I already have.

I haven't seen the windjammer for sale alone, but will look into that further.

IntegraRC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Looks great! I actually just bought the same for my jlur, but I hadn’t opened the package yet. I plan to use it in conjunction with the Mopar Sun Bonnet in case of a surprise rain.
Sponsored