Massachusetts inspection

Eddyt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR WRANGLER
2018 JLU rubicon, i have tinted windows at 20% I live in Massachusetts and with cameras being installed in the stations this past year I know for a fact they will not pass... just wondering if anyone knows if I can pass an inspection with the doors off as long as I have bolt on mirrors. Thanks
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Not sure but that is my intention as well.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
better chance finding a inspector who doesnt care about tint than one that would take the risk of no doors

most inspectors don't know the full rules when it comes to non standard stuff and there are plenty of stuff on the books that are miss leading or contradict each other, and jeep doors are in that area.

OP
OP

Eddyt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR WRANGLER
better chance finding a inspector who doesnt care about tint than one that would take the risk of no doors

most inspectors don't know the full rules when it comes to non standard stuff and there are plenty of stuff on the books that are miss leading or contradict each other, and jeep doors are in that area.

Only issue with that is the state installed cameras in all shops now, I had a few places to go to before but now they are making sure gauges go on the windows...

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Only issue with that is the state installed cameras in all shops now, I had a few places to go to before but now they are making sure gauges go on the windows...
There are still shops that don't care, the place I go to for my trucks inspection the guy was wired about the cameras but spent more time figuring out where and how he would look in the frame of the shot than the actual inspection. When he did my ball joints he lost lifted the truck just enough the body moved but the tire was still on the ground and he just say on the ground to make it look like he did the inspection.

That being said showing up with no doedo is clear sign you are trying to hide something and you get pulled over for tint past inspection I could come down on them.

jeepinoutwest

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport, 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere
No doors is legal to drive in mass so for all the inspectors know, you sold them. I’d def go without doors. Got many a sticker that way.
Sponsored

Last edited: