Sponsored

MASSACHUSETTS BUYERS.. where are you buying from?

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I recommend Adam at Central Jeep in Raynham on RT 44.
Sponsored

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
I recommend Adam at Central Jeep in Raynham on RT 44.
Thanks. I checked out there site and saw him in the staff section, I like that I can email him directly. I'll reach out soon and see what kind of price I can get if I order. Unfortunately they have nothing that I would want in stock. You'd think the cold weather group and Ltd Slip rear would be no-brainer options in New England, but apparently not.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Thanks. I checked out there site and saw him in the staff section, I like that I can email him directly. I'll reach out soon and see what kind of price I can get if I order. Unfortunately they have nothing that I would want in stock. You'd think the cold weather group and Ltd Slip rear would be no-brainer options in New England, but apparently not.
Good luck. I hear ya about the options, maybe it is to try and keep the average price lower. These tickets are expensive. Mention my name and the forum if you want.

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
Good luck. I hear ya about the options, maybe it is to try and keep the average price lower. These tickets are expensive. Mention my name and the forum if you want.
Yeah, you're probably right about the sticker. Even a base Sport JLU has some sticker shock once you add the HT and 8speed. But who in New England doesn't want heated seats? I think some of the packages Jeep offers are rip offs, but cold weather seems like a good value. No way could you add heated seats, remote start, and heated steering wheel for 900 bucks after the fact. Seems like a bargain to me. That $500 hardtop headliner, on the other hand...

And thanks, I'll definitely name drop, haha.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I'll leave this update here if it helps others with their purchase. Not many dealers are interested in anything below MSRP let alone 5% below invoice, specially for a Rubicon. I live in central Mass and spoke with about 6 dealers from Worcester to Natick and couple along 495 in that area. No one would negotiate anything below MSRP for a new factory order. Then I started calling dealers listed in this thread. Metro denied the request of 5% below invoice....they kept telling me 5% off invoice deal is over. Finally placed the order with Colonial South in Dartmouth, everything done over emails and phone and 5% below invoice. At D1 status now. Ordered a JLUR White 3.6, auto, leather, cold weather, safety, dual top, steel bumper, LED, infotainment, body color fenders.

Another tidbit, LED group is under restriction....I'm no expert in what exactly that means but most dealers won't even quote me steel bumper and LED package because of it...they kept telling me FCA is not accepting orders with those options. I told them what I read here in the forum that sold orders should be ok but was a no go. Colonial South initially told me about LED restriction but they then came back saying my order should be all set. Not sure if FCA allows selective dealers to place sold orders on restricted items or what...but my order was placed with the restricted option and it quickly moved to D1.

Sponsored

ctren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I have a winch in my bumper now, so I took my filler off if that is where they screwed up the holes. Buy me a beer and it is yours
This is what they did to my plate at Station, and I didn't realize it until a month later when I was taking off their plate frame - there was no way I would advertise them.
car2.jpg

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
This is what they did to my plate at Station, and I didn't realize it until a month later when I was taking off their plate frame - there was no way I would advertise them.
car2.jpg
Jesus, that sucks.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
I'll leave this update here if it helps others with their purchase. Not many dealers are interested in anything below MSRP let alone 5% below invoice, specially for a Rubicon. I live in central Mass and spoke with about 6 dealers from Worcester to Natick and couple along 495 in that area. No one would negotiate anything below MSRP for a new factory order. Then I started calling dealers listed in this thread. Metro denied the request of 5% below invoice....they kept telling me 5% off invoice deal is over. Finally placed the order with Colonial South in Dartmouth, everything done over emails and phone and 5% below invoice. At D1 status now. Ordered a JLUR White 3.6, auto, leather, cold weather, safety, dual top, steel bumper, LED, infotainment, body color fenders.

Another tidbit, LED group is under restriction....I'm no expert in what exactly that means but most dealers won't even quote me steel bumper and LED package because of it...they kept telling me FCA is not accepting orders with those options. I told them what I read here in the forum that sold orders should be ok but was a no go. Colonial South initially told me about LED restriction but they then came back saying my order should be all set. Not sure if FCA allows selective dealers to place sold orders on restricted items or what...but my order was placed with the restricted option and it quickly moved to D1.
LED restriction in MA?

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
This is

This is The ideal outcome, unfortunately for me, I have 8 dealerships within 50 miles of where I live on long island. In this land of make believe, good luck getting a dealer to drop to even 1% below invoice our even give you invoice price. There's too many customers on this island with too much money that are willing to fork over the 5k over sticker (and that's before they bolt on as many after market parts as they can) some of the dealers are asking for in stock JLURs, and the ones that won't pay over sticker are happy to hear that the dealer will "make an exception and order one for MSRP". It's ridiculous what some of the dealers ask for and get away with astound here because of their target clientele. So I'm always willing to make a deal local but know I won't get close to what I can get out of state. You don't even want to know what some of these dealers were getting for Hellcats.
I live on Long Island too and you are correct. They won’t budge on price. Although sport Jeff Jeep was the lowest they were still above invoice. I ordered from a dealer in Mass.

Sponsored

Skyline8492

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Has anyone's opinion changed about these dealers since they bought their JL? I'm looking to buy a Sahara very shortly - is 5% under MSRP the best I should be looking for? A family member bought a 2 door Rubicon recently from Dan's Jeep in Westborough for 4.7% under MSRP. I live in Boston, but I liked Dan's when I went for a few test drives. Considering checking out Station to see their prices as well. Wasn't impressed with Grava in Medford, even though it's right down the street from me.

Last edited:

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone's opinion changed about these dealers since they bought their JL? I'm looking to buy a Sahara very shortly - is 5% under MSRP the best I should be looking for? A family member bought a 2 door Rubicon recently from Dan's Jeep in Westborough for 4.7% under MSRP. I live in Boston, but I liked Dan's when I went for a few test drives. Considering checking out Station to see their prices as well. Wasn't impressed with Grava in Medford, even though it's right down the street from me.
I went to Maryland. An extra 3% on a Sahara is over a grand, I used CC miles to get down there and paid about $75 in gas. Just an option.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I bought a JLUR from Mark at Fitzpatrick Jeep in Shelton, CT. He was around 5% below invoice, great guy to deal with.

Bos617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Grava & Lawless laughed me out of the showroom when I asked for a below invoice order, Kelly offered 1% under. I ended up at Metro Jeep at 5% under invoice, and was able to handle everything via email/phone.

Mass makes it really hard to buy from one of the discount dealers in the DC area. MA wont recognize temp plates for mass residents, so the process was going to be.

1. Fly to DC
2. Drive to CT/Mass Border, leave the jeep in a parking lot.
3. Uber to an RMV
4. Get your RMV-3 Form from insurance
5. Uber back to the Jeep
6. Finish the drive home.

I decided that the trouble wasn't worth the extra $1500 in savings, that was going to quickly turn into only $1000 in savings plus 2 vacation days. RMV is only open M-F.

In addition, Mass has very favorable lemon laws, but they only apply if the vehicle is purchased in Mass.
Sponsored