Sponsored

MASSACHUSETTS BUYERS.. where are you buying from?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Grava & Lawless laughed me out of the showroom when I asked for a below invoice order, Kelly offered 1% under. I ended up at Metro Jeep at 5% under invoice, and was able to handle everything via email/phone.

Mass makes it really hard to buy from one of the discount dealers in the DC area. MA wont recognize temp plates for mass residents, so the process was going to be.

1. Fly to DC
2. Drive to CT/Mass Border, leave the jeep in a parking lot.
3. Uber to an RMV
4. Get your RMV-3 Form from insurance
5. Uber back to the Jeep
6. Finish the drive home.

I decided that the trouble wasn't worth the extra $1500 in savings, that was going to quickly turn into only $1000 in savings plus 2 vacation days. RMV is only open M-F.

In addition, Mass has very favorable lemon laws, but they only apply if the vehicle is purchased in Mass.
I bought mine at Metro too. I"m on Long island. IT was worth he drive. Negotiated the same over the phone. Went in so they could view my trade and gave me a good deal. Very happy with them. Even better, their finance guy was good. Didn't try to hustle me into extended warranty or any of that stuff.
Sponsored

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Those from Mass who want to lease. I ordered a Rubicon from Kate at courtesy jeep. She gave me 5% below invoice on the deal with tread lightly and I leased it using us bank. Picked up the jeep few weeks ago. The deal is listed below. If anyone wants a similar deal, contact her and say Dmitry referred you for a similar deal. PM me for her cell #.

Msrp $51,735
Selling price $46,500
Lease term:42 months
10k lease
Us bank
64% residual
Mf 0.00170
Payment $499 monthly
Due at lease signing $1699

Deal was easy with her and car came in 12 days from order date. If anyone wants to lease or buy contact her. Drove all the way from NYC for this deal. Btw those looking to lease, even those giving 8% below invoice will not be cheaper to lease since they double the money factor to profit on deal. I can help you with lease deal if needed. Please PM me.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
Grava & Lawless laughed me out of the showroom when I asked for a below invoice order, Kelly offered 1% under. I ended up at Metro Jeep at 5% under invoice, and was able to handle everything via email/phone.

Mass makes it really hard to buy from one of the discount dealers in the DC area. MA wont recognize temp plates for mass residents, so the process was going to be.

1. Fly to DC
2. Drive to CT/Mass Border, leave the jeep in a parking lot.
3. Uber to an RMV
4. Get your RMV-3 Form from insurance
5. Uber back to the Jeep
6. Finish the drive home.

I decided that the trouble wasn't worth the extra $1500 in savings, that was going to quickly turn into only $1000 in savings plus 2 vacation days. RMV is only open M-F.

In addition, Mass has very favorable lemon laws, but they only apply if the vehicle is purchased in Mass.
I was told a different story about the temp plates when I bought a Mustang in New Jersey. Granted this was a few years ago, so things may have changed. I called the RMV at the time and they told me it was ok to drive the car into MA and straight to my house with the temp plate, but I couldn't drive around with it. That's what I did and I had no problems. Usual disclaimer "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." :)

Skyline8492

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
I received quotes from a few dealers down in MD and found them to be comparable to those in MA. Maybe I was calling the wrong ones? I'm thinking I might be placing an order this weekend with Dan's in Westborough. ~4.7% below invoice which seems to be fair. They have been very friendly and no fuss. We'll see how the ordering process goes, but I don't anticipate any mishaps. Planning on financing through City of Boston CU - 2.49% rate!
Sponsored