Marion, OH is the new KZ death trap

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
who else is stuck in Marion with orders from Toledo zooming to dealers built way after our units landed in that darn excess storage trap.... I’ve been there since 3/12. 1 month anniversary of my Jeep beginning to rot. Dealer tells me new eta is 4/24 ..grain of salt. Best of luck to anyone there.
Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
I've been there about a month also. There are others that make our sad stories sound lame though. Guess we should be glad its only been a month!

OP
OP

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
So Marion is 90miles south of the plant, did they rail ours there or truck them? Anyone know this? Curious if there is lack of rail cars, why did ours end up at rail yard possibly in a rail car ?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
So Marion is 90miles south of the plant, did they rail ours there or truck them? Anyone know this? Curious if there is lack of rail cars, why did ours end up at rail yard possibly in a rail car ?
My dealer told me today when I ordered my Mojito Rubicon that the ETA is at the mercy of the railcars!

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
I went to Marion right after I hit KZ (around 3/14). Yesterday (4/11), I finally hit “Gate Out” status at Marion. I can only assume this means my Jeep has officially departed Marion, after 28 long days. Hoping tomorrow’s tracking update shows that it’s progressing my way! We’ll see!

Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I also went to Marion after hitting KZ on 3/14. I hate that it's just sitting out there exposed to all the elements and buried behind thousands of other Jeeps. Emailed my dealer yesterday - hoping he has some more info about an ETA. I honestly don't know how Jeep is EVER going to catch up.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone looked on Google maps to see if they could figure out where they are stashing all these Jeep's?

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
I feel like the Dana Yard in Ottawa Lake, MI is on par with Marion.

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
For what it's worth, my first order (which was a Sahara) was in Marion for a while, but it magically showed up at the dealership. Marion was the last update I had.

Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
For what it's worth, my first order (which was a Sahara) was in Marion for a while, but it magically showed up at the dealership. Marion was the last update I had.
I've heard a few stories like this. Mine has been in Marion for almost a month so I'm worried it's buried so far back they'll never get it out. It sure seems like they're using LIFO instead of FIFO.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
Well, wonders never cease to amaze me... My dealer just informed me that my Jeep was delivered to the dealership this morning, completely unannounced. Go figure! As of yesterday (4/12), the spreadsheet tracker was showing "Gate Out" of Marion on 4/11 at 10:00 PM, so I'm guessing it was sent here on a truck, but I will confirm with my dealer when I pick it up later this afternoon! :)

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Well, wonders never cease to amaze me... My dealer just informed me that my Jeep was delivered to the dealership this morning, completely unannounced. Go figure! As of yesterday (4/12), the spreadsheet tracker was showing "Gate Out" of Marion on 4/11 at 10:00 PM, so I'm guessing it was sent here on a truck, but I will confirm with my dealer when I pick it up later this afternoon! :)
Congrats! Sure wish mine had arrived today as well! Enjoy your new Jeep!

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
And then there were 11. Actually I guess 10 of us are left on the spreadsheet since @Smarrtazz has moved on to her third order.
Sponsored