Sponsored

March 2023 trip to Moab

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
Hello!!! I'm in the final stages of planning a trip to Moab. Taking my wife and her JLUR (3.5 MC GC, 37" KM3's, Motobilt bumpers, Warn Winch, Artec skids and inner fenders, GenRight sliders, and a few other mods) along with my best friend and his JTR (4.5" mish mash lift, 40's, Dynatrac 60's, GenRight bumpers and slider, Warn Winch, Artec skids and inner fenders, PSC, plus other mods) and another friend with his JTD (4" Evo lift, 40's, beefed up OEM axles, GenRight bumpers, Warn Winch, RSE sliders, plus other mods). We already have the AirBnb booked but I'd like some help on planning which trails to hit. I've been once for a quick trip where we did Hells and Fins, Seven mile rim and one other trail that I can't remember. We get into town on a Sunday, and head out the following Friday. Her JLUR will be driven from Tennessee to Moab and back, the other two will likely be trailered.

From other posts, I plan to do Hell's and Fins on one day, and we'd like to hit some of the following: Pritchett, Top of the world, Poison Spider, Metal Masher, Seven Mile Rim, Hells, Fins, Metal Masher, Flat Iron Mesa and Golden Spike. We typically wheel at Windrock Park here in Tennessee with a variety of terrain, and should be able to tackle most of the trails but I'd like some recommendations on what's close together (like Hells, and Fins) to maximize our time. I know we can't tackle all of them, but any help would be appreciated to make the best of our time.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

If you want some solitude with your adventures check out Elephant Hill road in Canyonlands NP. Challenging? Yup, though we did it a stock Rubicon. Scenery? Yup, absolutely stunning! Crowds? Nope, we didn’t see another soul the entire day.

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
Like murphydog said elephant hill is beautiful and worth doing. It's about an hour out of town south. If you run onion creek all the way back to rose garden hill you can cut over to top of the world and if you run the whole loop it is challenging and would be a long day. We ran all of poison spider then hit golden spike on the way back out and then gold bar rim (the trifecta). That was a 12 plus hours on the trail that day. Golden spike is awesome with some offshoots. I drove mine from Ohio to moab and back twice with no problems.
Sponsored