Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hey, what did you guys end up doing? We saw you guys in Titus Canyon. If the weather conditions changed your plans, sorry to hear. It looks like you guys still had some fun!
Baker, Beatty, Titus, Lost Burro Mine, White Top MTN, The Racetrack, Lippencott and out through Saline Valley to Panamint Springs for gas. The winds were still insane and expected to continue through the night so we cancelled plans to go down to Ballarat and up Goler Cyn and out again thru Butte Valley and out on to West Side Rd. We all had had it with the 30-40 and sometimes higher wind gusts. It was crazy.
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Baker, Beatty, Titus, Lost Burro Mine, White Top MTN, The Racetrack, Lippencott and out through Saline Valley to Panamint Springs for gas. The winds were still insane and expected to continue through the night so we cancelled plans to go down to Ballarat and up Goler Cyn and out again thru Butte Valley and out on to West Side Rd. We all had had it with the 30-40 and sometimes higher wind gusts. It was crazy.
I think you guys still were able to do quite a bit with the limited time. I was with the brown xterra. We were more exploring and being looky loo's. The week I spent out there it was crazy as well. The first day was nice and calm, but the temps varied a big a mount. Then it snowed over night, dense fog through star wars canyon. Windy and chilly was pretty much most of the week in elevation. Alot of micro climates up there.. and I forgot my jacket. Lippencott pass, looked like it would be doomed to close if it gets any more washed out. Did you guys see the prerunners racing through titus?

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I think you guys still were able to do quite a bit with the limited time. I was with the brown xterra. We were more exploring and being looky loo's. The week I spent out there it was crazy as well. The first day was nice and calm, but the temps varied a big a mount. Then it snowed over night, dense fog through star wars canyon. Windy and chilly was pretty much most of the week in elevation. Alot of micro climates up there.. and I forgot my jacket. Lippencott pass, looked like it would be doomed to close if it gets any more washed out. Did you guys see the prerunners racing through titus?
did not see anyone racing thru titus. sorry we didnt get to say hello. the jeeps kinda catch my eye and i always like to stop and gather info from fellow jeepers for curreent conditions. you sound like you were flying incognito!

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
did not see anyone racing thru titus. sorry we didnt get to say hello. the jeeps kinda catch my eye and i always like to stop and gather info from fellow jeepers for curreent conditions. you sound like you were flying incognito!
We kinda were. We saw them unloading in Beatty. I wouldn't have guessed they would be down there at some point. I know its the weekend, but to be flying through there with tons of other traffic and kids running around. Don't get me wrong, I grew up loving those trucks. I was never a Jeep kind of guy like my dad was. As I age, I realize I not too much different from him. Plus prerunning is a way more expensive endeavor. Anywho I remember you guys were heading up, and once I saw your Jeep, I knew we ran into the group. I like to stop and chat on top of admiring everybody else's build, but we weren't running it on our own time. Maybe next time around if Im not quarantined at work. I still say it was a victory at least giving the wave to you all at the start of the trail. Im glad you all made it back safe!

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Thanks for another awesome trip! :D

Look forward to the next one!! Sucks about the wind but holy moly it felt good to sleep in a bed last night lol!

Hopefully the next time we make it out we'll be rocking some better stuff although I think we hung in there all right :D