maps update for anyone in EU?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Has anyone ever gotten a map update on their system yet? Where I live, we already have a few newly opening highways which are not covered on the 2018-19 database.
I have never been able to find anything online though since uconnects EU site is so terrible .

Has anyone ever managed to log into the maps.mopar.eu site to see if new maps were available for our system?
I am able to connect www.driveuconnect.eu/ and some of the other sites, but the maps site always immediately returns wont username/password.
Tried resetting the password, which it accepts, but then back to "wrong password". Even making a new account... same thing.
It is always shocking to me how poor the internet support and services is from FCA is Europe.
In the US, all this stuff was easy.. Here.. such a freaking pain in the butt.
Since it is FCA, there is literally no possibility for contact anyone for support without calling and spending a year on hold.
Sponsored

Last edited:

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Hey there!
Why don't you use Apple CarPlay with Google maps for instance? I really like it, especially with live traffic information and many other apps available (e.g. Spotify, WhatsApp, etc...)
I use Apple CarPlay in all my cars as Google maps are always up-to-date and better than any offline uploaded maps, imo...

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Hey there!
Why don't you use Apple CarPlay with Google maps for instance? I really like it, especially with live traffic information and many other apps available (e.g. Spotify, WhatsApp, etc...)
I use Apple CarPlay in all my cars as Google maps are always up-to-date and better than any offline uploaded maps, imo...
I do use carplay actually. It's just annoying that we pay a shit tonne of money for these Jeeps, but get locked out of updates that other regions get on a regular basis.

Like the amazing shitty uconnect app, which has literally zero features in the EU. Literally not one actual feature.
Cannot check your vehicle status, schedule maintenance or anything. Just one more things that FCA promises yet fails to deliver on.
I guess even when uconnect 7 or 8 comes out with real OTA updates, Europe will still be locked out of it.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Yep, I fully agree with your point from this side. Also still nobody explained me had we all paid here in Cyprus for towing package and never received this option as well...
Ah, what to say, globalization, bla-bla-bla... FCA is just making money on such JEEP enthusiasts as we are, and that's it. Still loving my Rubicon, it's not his fault :LOL:

P.S. Watched a pre-production test drive video of new Bronco recently - well, became a bit jealous, but you know how they make these videos though... ;)

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Yes, the lack of support is frustrating. As is the buggy vehicle software.

Last weekend whist out on a reasonable length journey the MIL light came on and wouldn't reset despite a number of ignition cycles. No warning messages in the display. Then close to home, it went into "Limp Home" mode and wouldn't rev above 2000 RPM.
I plugged in an OBD reader and got a fault code of P24A4. An internet search linked this fault code to a full exhaust filter.
So I drove it around for 10 minutes consistently at the maximum 2000 rpm and then the revs started to pick up. After a few ignition cycles the MIL light went out.
Next morning when I set off on another journey, the MIL light was still off but I got a warning message telling me that the exhaust filter was nearly full and that I should continue to drive the vehicle until the filter cleaning cycle had completed !

I am sure the MIL light and fault code P24A4 were linked to a full DPF, but surely the warning message about driving the vehicle to clear out the filter should have appeared BEFORE the MIL light coming on and the vehicle going into Limp Home mode. Bad software coding in my opinion.
Sponsored