Sponsored

Map updates?

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The maps database version on my 2018 JL (UConnect 8.4) shows 17Q2, which I would assume makes the map data 2 years old as of today. I went to the UConnect site to see about map updates, but after entering your vehicle type, it asks for the 10 digit radio id. According the directions on the site, it says go into the nav settings/system/about, but that menu structure does not appear on my radio. Does anyone know how to get that information? Has anyone actually updated their maps? Do you have to go through a dealer?

I have and use Waze, along with Google Maps (offline download as well), but when I'm in spotty/no coverage areas, having a local map database is nice. If the price is not ridiculous, I'd consider upgrading, if I could figure out how to get them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
moonpup

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
This quest for map updates has gone full retard. I've called UConnect 4 times, who sent me to the map making company here.com, who sent me back to the dealer. No one knows how to find my radio id (not the XM satellite one) so I can get updates. The directions on the UConnect site don't work on my UConnect 4C NAV 8.4 system, although they insist it should. The two dealers I tried also had no idea and said I had to deal with UConnect. I'm now working with someone at here.com who I sent photos to of my NAV screen and also the dealer screen with the radio information. She is working with a Chrysler agent who now has my VIN number and is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. This is beyond stupid... they can't even figure out their own product :mad:

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I'll be curious about this as well. I just got my Jeep in May and noticed when I got it home that my entire subdivision isn't even on there...and it's been here for close to 3 years now.

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
You should be able to find your radio Unit ID by going into "Dealer Mode" on the 8.4 system. To do this, hold driver up and down temp controls and the front defrost control for about 5 seconds until you see the Dealer screen appear, Then select 'System Info" and then you will see the Radio Part Info displayed as a choice. Hope this helps. By the way, I think that your map version (17Q2) may still be the most current (believe it or not).

OP
OP
moonpup

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
You should be able to find your radio Unit ID by going into "Dealer Mode" on the 8.4 system. To do this, hold driver up and down temp controls and the front defrost control for about 5 seconds until you see the Dealer screen appear, Then select 'System Info" and then you will see the Radio Part Info displayed as a choice. Hope this helps. By the way, I think that your map version (17Q2) may still be the most current (believe it or not).
I sent them a photo of the dealer mode, radio info screen showing the id and serial number etc. Problem is, none of the id's work on the website and say they are invalid. Hopefully they have some good news today.

Sponsored

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
......Problem is, none of the id's work on the website and say they are invalid. .......
Moonpup - I just tried my radio ID to see if it worked - same issue as you - the web site reports it as invalid. I will be following to see if you can get any info to fix this issue.

OP
OP
moonpup

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just a quick update... they called me today and asked for more photos of various screens from my radio. I sent them, but never heard back. Will follow up and torture them some more tomorrow :LOL:

OP
OP
moonpup

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Issue resolved! After talking to a more knowledgeable support person this morning, it appears my UConnect 4C NAV 8.4 system (based on hardware part number CNSC87N0GL) is a newer radio that was slated for the 2019 models and not the 2018. He told me it's a completely different radio than what's in some of the 2018 Jeeps and that going forward, I'll have to select 2019 for the model year (after it's released, with different directions) when checking for map updates on the website. He said as of now, my maps are current and to check back when 2019 shows up in the menu on the website.

Last edited:

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
The 8.4 I just bought is a little different model number than yours and the sticker on mine says manufactured may 2019 it’s CNSC89N6GL.

Is that hardware part # the unit ID that is needed on the update website ??

OP
OP
moonpup

moonpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The 8.4 I just bought is a little different model number than yours and the sticker on mine says manufactured may 2019 it’s CNSC89N6GL.

Is that hardware part # the unit ID that is needed on the update website ??
Sorry for the delay, been away on vacation. Nope, that's just the part number. There are no directions on the website yet for the 2019 model year. Have to wait until it shows up as an option.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I sent them a photo of the dealer mode, radio info screen showing the id and serial number etc. Problem is, none of the id's work on the website and say they are invalid. Hopefully they have some good news today.
How did you get it in dealer mode for the info...

Thanks.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
With the ignition in run position, on temp control panel...press and hold driver-side hot/cold and front defrost for about 10 seconds

heykoolaid3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red
Issue resolved! After talking to a more knowledgeable support person this morning, it appears my UConnect 4C NAV 8.4 system (based on hardware part number CNSC87N0GL) is a newer radio that was slated for the 2019 models and not the 2018. He told me it's a completely different radio than what's in some of the 2018 Jeeps and that going forward, I'll have to select 2019 for the model year (after it's released, with different directions) when checking for map updates on the website. He said as of now, my maps are current and to check back when 2019 shows up in the menu on the website.
I'm in the same boat!

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my JL new in September of 2018. The Uconnect software updated today except for the map. I checked UConnect‘s website tonight and it states that my map is current. I find it hard to believe they haven’t updated their map in 2 1/2 years. Is that correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Map updates? 01789380-5C9B-42E5-885A-520D2922A682

Last edited:

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
I purchased my JL new in September of 2018. The Uconnect software updated today except for the map. I checked UConnect‘s website tonight and it states that my map is current. I find it hard to believe they haven’t updated their map in 2 1/2 years. Is that correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Map updates? 01789380-5C9B-42E5-885A-520D2922A682
Sadly, that's probably correct. If you want updated maps, you have to pay for them, usually $150 and they're still more than a year old. At least that's what happened to me with my 2015 Jeep. One time it updated them from 2013 to 2015 and then the second was supposed to go from 2015 to 2017. However, the Uconnect software required an update which I could never get installed. Their support was supposed to send me a USB with the update but it never happened. I just use Waze on my phone now.
Sponsored