Sponsored

Map of dealers with competitive pricing

trippp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR
Well first deal never materialized. Ordered with Steve White today. Easy as pie.

No doc fees also. MSRP $47,790 bought for $42,140. 7% under invoice w / Tread Lightly.
First of all, congrats! Second I’m looking to order a 2019 JLUR and have never factory ordered before. Steve White is relatively local to me so I’m considering going with them considering the great deal and review you gave so far. Any other insight on working with them, who did you work with there, etc? And any other tips on factory ordering and how to initiate that conversation so I can hopefully get a good deal as well?

Thanks
Sponsored

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, congrats! Second I’m looking to order a 2019 JLUR and have never factory ordered before. Steve White is relatively local to me so I’m considering going with them considering the great deal and review you gave so far. Any other inslight on working with them, who did you work with there, etc? And any other tips on factory ordering and how to initiate that conversation so I can hopefully get a good deal as well?

Thanks
Thanks and sure, I can help. Email is the easiest as you don’t have to sit and wait forever.

All I did was send them an email like this:

Send email to: [email protected]. Make sure you deal with Jeff Dellinger. He is awesome.

I am in the market to order a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited JL <put your model here>. I know that your dealership has worked with some customers on jlwranglerforum to get 6% off invoice (7% with tread lightly).

If can you spec me a Jeep and send me a copy of the build sheet with what you can do. I would like to know the breakdown price with all the fees (out the door price).

I have attached a PDF document on the build options I have chosen.
<go to Jeep.com and spec your Jeep. On the summary page click the print icon on top right. Select option to save as PDF. Atstach to email>

Questions I am sure you have <add or remove questions>

1) I am not trading anything in

2) More than likely I will not be financing unless you can do better than x.xx%

3) I signed up for Tread lightly for the 1% off invoice

My address is:
<your address>

trippp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR
Thanks and sure, I can help. Email is the easiest as you don’t have to sit and wait forever.

Send email to: [email protected]. Make sure you deal with Jeff Dellinger. He is awesome.

I am in the market to order a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited JL <put your model here>. I know that your dealership has worked with some customers on jlwranglerforum to get 6% off invoice (7% with tread lightly).

If can you spec me a Jeep and send me a copy of the build sheet with what you can do. I would like to know the breakdown price with all the fees (out the door price).

<go to Jeep.com and spec your Jeep. On the summary page click the print icon on top right. Select option to save as PDF. Atstach to email>

My address is:
<your address>
That’s very helpful, thanks for taking the time to put that together. Enjoy your new Jeep!

OP
OP
jeep949shopper

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
@trippp 7% is a good deal. Make sure you have a lookie at this video, for additional money you can save. Requesting for a factory order is routine business in the Jeep world, so no need to get nervous about it.

trippp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR
@trippp 7% is a good deal. Make sure you have a lookie at this video, for additional money you can save. Requesting for a factory order is routine business in the Jeep world, so no need to get nervous about it.
Very helpful video, thanks for sharing (and making the video it seems)

Sponsored

scapp

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2019 - JLU Rubicon - Ocean Blue; R.I.P. (traded in): 2012 - JKU Rubicon - Black; 2005 TJ Rubicon- Black; 1999 TJ Sahara - Black;
Some data on my locals (CT):
Garavel would not go anywhere near 5% under invoice for me. I was willing to take one off the lot or order and they were very clear that 'they did not discount JLs at that level and that if other dealers were, I should go there'. They actually said that.
I can confirm Garavel doesn't price well.. I ended up at Fitzpatricks in Ansonia at around 3.5% below invoice. And was great working with Mark Fitzpatrick, something to be said for a 90+ year family run business..

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Bob Baker Jeep in Carlsbad, CA, I bought 2019 Rubicon JLU from there last weekend, I paid 12.5% below sticker msrp, no forced add-ons, drive-off total was no b/s either, no hidden stuff, just all the legit govt taxes and fees. They post sale prices on their online inventory with an asterik though, they add destination fee back onto the sale price. Even with that tacked back on, some rubicons still price out at about 10% below msrp for 18's or 19's. I went to several other dealers in San Diego and Orange County prior, and they weren't anywhere near that, most only post msrp online or 1-2k off, and none agreed to talk further when I asked for 10% below msrp.
Interesting you were able to buy. I emailed 6 people there. 0 response back from Bob Baker.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Interesting you were able to buy. I emailed 6 people there. 0 response back from Bob Baker.
You should email Bob Barker, instead. He'll make sure the Price is Right...(I know, not at all helpful, but I just had to. Just fly up to Vegas and buy from Jim Marsh Jeep: [email protected] )

stimpsonsocal

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I tried contacting them first online through their online website inventory, clicked the 'Get My e-Price' button, and provided contact info and asked for drive off based on advertised price on one vin, I got a follow up email next day from someone to call and make an appointment for onsite. So, basically the same result. I got same end result from any dealership in San Diego or OC, they won't divulge anything online.

I took alternate approach, I used Jeep.com's inventory search first to find the vins locally that had the wrangler config I wanted. Then I looked at each of those dealerships own website's online inventory, looking for the biggest discounted vins posted, CarGurus is a decent aggregator of some dealerships, but doesn't have all dealerships. BobBaker was posting the deepest discounts on 2019's at the time of any dealership, 12+ points below msrp, but with their 'asterik' of destination fee not included(added back onto drive-off total). But that was the kind of market research I needed, combined with reality check against Koons(www,koonsjeep.com) which is pretty much regarded as the defacto best dealership pricing nationally, their site was posting online discounts on 2019's of 12 points and more, so, for me, I set a target price of 12 below msrp.

In CA, drive off total is the negotiated price of car + tax(.075 * negotiated price of car) + roughly $750 for all other fees(reg, doc, et. al). So, I pre calc the drive off numbers at 10 and 12 points off msrp for a vin I want. Now, I know exactly how much I need, I get my pre-approved financing in order(used a local credit union) and down pmt ready for worst case scenario of only 10 points off msrp.

Now, armed with numbers I have already made peace with, I went into dealerships with my checkbook and loan coupon, no appointment, and asked first sales person I wanted test drive on vin and showed their own online listing of vin from phone. After test drive, I ask them to provide a drive-off quote to buy now, no trade-ins, no financing, nothing else to get hung up on. It comes back, then I counter with, 'I'll buy it now for X driveoff' which was my 12% below number. At 2 dealerships, they said no, told me I was out of touch, I wasn't even motivated to offer 10% below at that point. One dealership said no upfront, but they'd price match if I provided proof of exact same sticker and sale price from another dealer, and I just said no thank you, as that is still part of game. So, I know at this point 12% off was pushing the limit. Then, it was time to go to Bob Baker, as their online discounts got me started on the 12% target in the first place, I did the same test drive thing and their first driveoff offer came back at about 11.5% below msrp, which was inline with their asterik'd sale price posted on the vin at the time, so, it was legit, I did minor negotiating from there, to get just a few hundo more.

Each deal is different, can't ask or expect the same deal, as long as you have a number and some corresponding market research that backs it up as realistic, then it tends to feel like any dealership could be the seller given any day.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I tried contacting them first online through their online website inventory, clicked the 'Get My e-Price' button, and provided contact info and asked for drive off based on advertised price on one vin, I got a follow up email next day from someone to call and make an appointment for onsite. So, basically the same result. I got same end result from any dealership in San Diego or OC, they won't divulge anything online.

I took alternate approach, I used Jeep.com's inventory search first to find the vins locally that had the wrangler config I wanted. Then I looked at each of those dealerships own website's online inventory, looking for the biggest discounted vins posted, CarGurus is a decent aggregator of some dealerships, but doesn't have all dealerships. BobBaker was posting the deepest discounts on 2019's at the time of any dealership, 12+ points below msrp, but with their 'asterik' of destination fee not included(added back onto drive-off total). But that was the kind of market research I needed, combined with reality check against Koons(www,koonsjeep.com) which is pretty much regarded as the defacto best dealership pricing nationally, their site was posting online discounts on 2019's of 12 points and more, so, for me, I set a target price of 12 below msrp.

In CA, drive off total is the negotiated price of car + tax(.075 * negotiated price of car) + roughly $750 for all other fees(reg, doc, et. al). So, I pre calc the drive off numbers at 10 and 12 points off msrp for a vin I want. Now, I know exactly how much I need, I get my pre-approved financing in order(used a local credit union) and down pmt ready for worst case scenario of only 10 points off msrp.

Now, armed with numbers I have already made peace with, I went into dealerships with my checkbook and loan coupon, no appointment, and asked first sales person I wanted test drive on vin and showed their own online listing of vin from phone. After test drive, I ask them to provide a drive-off quote to buy now, no trade-ins, no financing, nothing else to get hung up on. It comes back, then I counter with, 'I'll buy it now for X driveoff' which was my 12% below number. At 2 dealerships, they said no, told me I was out of touch, I wasn't even motivated to offer 10% below at that point. One dealership said no upfront, but they'd price match if I provided proof of exact same sticker and sale price from another dealer, and I just said no thank you, as that is still part of game. So, I know at this point 12% off was pushing the limit. Then, it was time to go to Bob Baker, as their online discounts got me started on the 12% target in the first place, I did the same test drive thing and their first driveoff offer came back at about 11.5% below msrp, which was inline with their asterik'd sale price posted on the vin at the time, so, it was legit, I did minor negotiating from there, to get just a few hundo more.

Each deal is different, can't ask or expect the same deal, as long as you have a number and some corresponding market research that backs it up as realistic, then it tends to feel like any dealership could be the seller given any day.
I see they, were motivated to move inventory. I am ordering new, so I might as well hit Vegas along with the rest of the JL crew here and just cut out the haggling.

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel

My address is:
<your address>
This is great to know! If I cant get a good deal locally in Corning NY. I can take the corporate plane to Hickory NC a buy there.

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
If you're in the PNW, highly recommend Dwayne Lane in Everett (20 mins north of Seattle). Extremely easy process and was > 5% under invoice on my 19 Sahara build. Also was willing to discount the Katzkin install and some post-delivery mods that I have lined up.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
This is great to know! If I cant get a good deal locally in Corning NY. I can take the corporate plane to Hickory NC a buy there.
You're only a 3 hour drive from Suresky in Goshen, NY. 5% under on factory orders and only the NYS max $75 fees. Contact Mike Knight.
Mark Fitzpatrick ([email protected]) is just over the border in CT, and is a great dealer to work with. Fitzpatrick is a family owned business (90 years) in Southern Connecticut, and will work with you all the way.

Last edited: