OP
OP
jeep949shopper

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
@jarvis For me, I calculated all the costs, that I would incur going out of state. It was a no- brainer worth my time. Additionally I am a travel bug, so the entire trip was a bonus.
Let's say you save 1%, appx $500, are you making that much in an hour? A day?
If I saved $10 and gave it to my kids, they would go bonkers. Everybody's situation is different.
Keep in mind there are some Jeep breakin guidelines too.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
So I have a question, maybe the wrong place, but didn't see worth starting a new thread. What is the change in percentage most folks are willing to travel for? I've seen some that are willing to travel 3-4 hours for 7-8% off invoice. I ask because I am lucky (?) enough to have a dealer that is about 40 minutes from me in the same state that has been documented here for offering 6% below invoice. For another 45 minutes (1:25 total) travel into a near by state I can save an additional 1.25% which equates out to 500-600$ for the JL I'm considering. Another thing I have to consider, the close dealer I can get a ride to, the other I will likely go via train, so I have to factor in the train ticket cost (about $40).
Another thing to consider is that Lemon Laws work differently. If you have an issue you may have to fight it in the state you bought from, or may not even be covered at all. It all depends on which state you live in and what state you buy in. I'm not a lawyer, but give that some research before making a decision.

jarvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Manual, 12 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
Another thing to consider is that Lemon Laws work differently. If you have an issue you may have to fight it in the state you bought from, or may not even be covered at all. It all depends on which state you live in and what state you buy in. I'm not a lawyer, but give that some research before making a decision.
Thanks, I hadn't though of this, might be all the more reason to stay local to avoid any confusion of state law vs contract signed problems *if* any issues were to be encountered.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Thanks, I hadn't though of this, might be all the more reason to stay local to avoid any confusion of state law vs contract signed problems *if* any issues were to be encountered.
As others have stated, your time is money, but worth how much? My locals are starting to talk 5% (a few at 1%), and I can get 8% by driving 4 hours. 3% on my build equals roughly $1500. Anyone ever offers me $1500 for 8 hours of my time, Imma take it. Whether a relationship with your local is valuable is up to you, but you'll take it local for service issues anyway, so that won't matter where you buy.
Most Lemon Laws apply to the state where a vehicle is registered or purchased, so your home state laws would most likely apply. All state Lemon Laws must fall under federal guidelines: https://www.bbb.org/autoline/bbb-auto-line-state-laws

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
In 2003 I bought a Sentra in PA, drove it home to FL with a temp tag and registered it. When registering I was told I was NOT covered under FL lemon laws. I've researched it a bit with all of the great out of state deals, and all I can say is it is something everyone who is considering buying out of state should look into before purchasing. ;)

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
As others have stated, your time is money, but worth how much? My locals are starting to talk 5% (a few at 1%), and I can get 8% by driving 4 hours. 3% on my build equals roughly $1500. Anyone ever offers me $1500 for 8 hours of my time, Imma take it. Whether a relationship with your local is valuable is up to you, but you'll take it local for service issues anyway, so that won't matter where you buy.
Most Lemon Laws apply to the state where a vehicle is registered or purchased, so your home state laws would most likely apply. All state Lemon Laws must fall under federal guidelines: https://www.bbb.org/autoline/bbb-auto-line-state-laws
Lemon laws have very specific guidelines and each State is different. I would research further if you think lemon law is a remote possibility. I would look into the State you buy from and your home state where you will register the vehicle if this is important to you.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In 2003 I bought a Sentra in PA, drove it home to FL with a temp tag and registered it. When registering I was told I was NOT covered under FL lemon laws. I've researched it a bit with all of the great out of state deals, and all I can say is it is something everyone who is considering buying out of state should look into before purchasing. ;)
Many states it's where you bought.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Anyone have good dealings with dealers in NH? I've bought a few Jeeps from Bob Marianos in Concord and have been happy with their service, but will shop around before I order a 2019...also looking at Bonneville and Contemporary...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Anyone have good dealings with dealers in NH? I've bought a few Jeeps from Bob Marianos in Concord and have been happy with their service, but will shop around before I order a 2019...also looking at Bonneville and Contemporary...
I would drive down to Fitzpatrick’s in Connecticut. They are professional and prompt, highly recommend them.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I would drive down to Fitzpatrick’s in Connecticut. They are professional and prompt, highly recommend them.
Ok ill go online and check them out, hoping for a relatively stress free ordering process, just going JLUS with a few options, its a wrangler, no need for frills, MSRP around 40k, hoping to get close to 5% below invoice. Thanks

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Ok ill go online and check them out, hoping for a relatively stress free ordering process, just going JLUS with a few options, its a wrangler, no need for frills, MSRP around 40k, hoping to get close to 5% below invoice. Thanks
Make sure you contact Mark directly @[email protected] to get the best deal. He's doing 5% below right now, and he will definitely be stress free.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Lemon laws have very specific guidelines and each State is different. I would research further if you think lemon law is a remote possibility. I would look into the State you buy from and your home state where you will register the vehicle if this is important to you.
In NY it's not a problem, as the law applies to where it's purchased or registered, so I've done enough research as far as it would pertain to me, but you're right, buying in PA like @cbrenthus did and bringing it down to FL, only to have to go back to PA for Lemon Law protection could be a PITA and a factor that some would have to take into consideration.

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Well first deal never materialized. Ordered with Steve White today. Easy as pie.

No doc fees also. MSRP $47,790 bought for $42,140. 7% under invoice w / Tread Lightly.
Hey Twisted,
I'm local to Steve White and heading over there today to start the process. Was there any certain sales person you worked with? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Twisted,
I'm local to Steve White and heading over there today to start the process. Was there any certain sales person you worked with? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
Jeff dillenger was my sales man. Really good.
Sponsored