Ozarkpaddler

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
I’ll give you a reason to think about not getting them. I really wanted them after having power windows in my last jk. I got a 2 door Willy’s with manual windows and the window crank hits me right in the knee when driving. It’s awful and I’m looking for a remedy. Also I miss power locks even more. Of course when I had a cj I didn’t know any different but my next jeep will have power locks and windows. Probably will even get the ones where you don’t have to take the key out of your pocket. Sometimes technology is nice. The only thing I really like about the manual windows is that it makes the door lighter when you take it off but supposedly the jl doors are lighter anyways.
Hmm, I'd have to check that out. Never thought about the handle being in the way?
Sponsored

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
If the passenger window is fogged, it's easier to lower with a power window, so you don't pull out in front of someone.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I cant wait to pull the doors off, why would I pay more for silly power options.

For a 4 door vehicle they are a must, but on a 2 door topless wrangler money I will use elsewhere

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I've got an aftermarket motor with sensor capable of precise adjustment of window height. It's called "me". :)

Sponsored

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, 2014 FJ Cruiser
Are power windows a $5,000 option? People carry on like it's gonna affect their retirement if they add the power windows.
I've never had a passenger in any of my vehicles,including Wranglers, say " This would be really cool if we could pretend it was 1956 and roll down the windows."
Does this happen more often then I am aware?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Are power windows a $5,000 option? People carry on like it's gonna affect their retirement if they add the power windows.
I've never had a passenger in any of my vehicles,including Wranglers, say " This would be really cool if we could pretend it was 1956 and roll down the windows."
It is a $3,200 option basically because power windows are only available on the Sport S.

Last edited:

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
The base Sport model only comes with crank windows.

OP
OP
Ozarkpaddler

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
Calm down, two of them I was looking at on the lots had roll down windows so I just thought I'd check some opinions here. And since I am a working stiff, I am conscious of saving money when I can. Never really bothered me that much to roll down the windows in the past but I guess the thought of it makes you irritable? Geesh. Ahhh, forget it. Thanks for all of you who had some constructive opinions.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Calm down, Geesh.
This forum really has the opportunity to be great. Too bad there are sooo many of these righteous condescending people. FYI here's a great tip. Tap the persons screen pic and there is an ignore option. It does help lol

Sponsored

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
It has taken me all this time to finally realize that the Wrangler shouldn't come in models with packages and options. It should come as a collection of parts purchased individually, so we can each build the Wrangler we need. Or maybe just a set of CAD drawings for 3D printers.

As it is, the Wrangler is trying to be too many things to too many people. No roof, no doors, no windshield, but remote keyless entry! It's madness, but fun.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Power windows/doors...just another thing to break.

They're just so finicky. I can never seem to get the to work when I remove the doors and drive.;)

Philosophical question: Do these power options "work" in a properly function electric door while it remains on a door holder in the garage? No? How's about when connected to an extra car battery?;)

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
If manual windows were offered on the Rubicon trim I would probably go that route. More reliable, more water proof, less electronics to worry about.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
$3,200 is pricey for power windows, locks, mirrors and alloys on the 4 door.

I guess it depends on how you will use your Jeep. If it's your daily driver those power features will be convenient, especially the remote unlocks. Much easier to press a button on your key fob to unlock your doors than to fumble with your key while your hands are full of groceries.

On the other hand, it's a Jeep, so I'm perfectly fine with manual windows and locks.
Sponsored