Sponsored

Manual Transmissions have no Firewall Pass Through!

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
PSA. If you’re getting a manual realize that the clutch occupies the driver side firewall pass through. There is no pass through on the manual Jeeps.

GET THE HD ELECTRICAL GROUP! This will give you:
2x40amp lines
2x15amp lines
2x10amp lines
Inside the cab. This is a life saver if you need power inside and will keep you from having to drill through the firewall.

There’s also a small pass through in the center console just under the inboard carpets.

Now you won’t do what I did looking at the instructions going... umm the hole is occupado now what am I supposed to do.
Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Pass through above main harness on passengers side 1/2" diameter or so. Installed Rough Country ML6 after removing end connector.
The pain is you have to remove battery box. See AUX switch install about it

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Pass through above main harness on passengers side 1/2" diameter or so. Installed Rough Country ML6 after removing end connector.
This is how I wired my cb, and subwoofers, before I was aware of the clutch slave hole. Wasn't difficult

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Is this taken up by the Aux switches? Aka do you have the HD electric group?

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
That’s great info. Thanks. Wish the Jeep labels all these clearly with some fluorescent paint or something.
I used this to power two dual usb sockets I installed on the top of the dash to run phones,ipad, camera and eventually a gps.

Quadratec 12 Volt Power Adapter for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
PSA. If you’re getting a manual realize that the clutch occupies the driver side firewall pass through. There is no pass through on the manual Jeeps.

GET THE HD ELECTRICAL GROUP! This will give you:
2x40amp lines
2x15amp lines
2x10amp lines
Inside the cab. This is a life saver if you need power inside and will keep you from having to drill through the firewall.

There’s also a small pass through in the center console just under the inboard carpets.

Now you won’t do what I did looking at the instructions going... umm the hole is occupado now what am I supposed to do.
George, maybe I don't understand that which you seek, but while I agree that access points between the engine bay and interior near the driver's side may be less of an option for manual transmission owners, isn't this access present for all JL owners?

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
George, maybe I don't understand that which you seek, but while I agree that access points between the engine bay and interior near the driver's side may be less of an option for manual transmission owners, isn't this access present for all JL owners?

Don't think he was trying to do anything. Think he was just putting info out there so others could find and know what options are out there to get wiring inside the cab.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Don't think he was trying to do anything. Think he was just putting info out there so others could find and know what options are out there to get wiring inside the cab.
Thanks Andy. So I guess mine's another way.

You'll have to pardon me--not only I'm I on hold with the IRS right now, but at my age when I see a post that starts with "PSA" I think Prostate Specific Antigen test result, not Public Service Announcement. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You'll have to pardon me--not only I'm I on hold with IRS right now, but at my age when I see a post that starts with "PSA" I think Prostate Specific Antigen test result, not Public Service Announcement. ;)
Dang it, now I have to pee

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.

You'll have to pardon me--not only I'm I on hold with the IRS right now, but at my age when I see a post that starts with "PSA" I think Prostate Specific Antigen test result, not Public Service Announcement. ;)
Correct. I was just putting info out for other manual owners to realize that the pass through isn’t available. Really sucks to get to that part of an install and realize the instructions are for an automatic only.

Was hoping the info would let people plan shared for their installs or other people as shown above offer other access points they’ve found.

TJtoJLU Krawler

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
I know this thread hasn't seen action in 2 years but I wanted to give an update after spending the better part of 4 hours installing my new automatic window module. I have a '22 JLUR with the 6 speed and I chose to remove the battery tray. The video from genesis helps a ton. The pictures in this thread were a little deceiving. I thought the penis-looking thing would be bigger than it was :CWL:. Then there was getting through it, at first I tried going from the engine bay into the cab but with the extremely limited work area, this is up behind the blower behind the glove box, essentially I was laying on the floor of the jeep looking up behind it, I couldn't reach my fingers to attach the wires to the coat hanger. At first, I tried to drill through, but that was a no go and like others have said a coat hanger was required. After the first attempt didn't work I ran a coat hanger from the cab into the engine bay, attached nylon string and pulled it into the cab, then attached my wire to the nylon string and pulled it into the engine bay, and then proceeded to put the entire thing back together. Lessons learned: 1. Give yourself more time than you think. 2. Take pictures, especially of the way the wires are routed. 3. Use the coat hanger trick like others have talked about. 4. Watch the Genesis video a couple of times before starting.
Thanks to all the links and great info in this thread.
Sponsored