Sponsored

manual transmission with cruise control ?

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a '19 sport with regular cruise control, no ACC.
I use cruise control daily and I works perfect. It keeps me from speeding and risking getting a ticket.
One morning on my way to work I set it at 65 and after a minute I realized I was in 5th gear instead of 6th.
As soon as I pressed the clutch to shift to 6th the cruise control cancelled and I had to press resume after shifting to 6th.
this is how my 2019 works too, no ACC
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have an 18. I use it all the time but just did a 2k Mile trip towing and it was irritating having to resume after each shift, if which I had to make multiple for each hill and overpass. Maybe someone will find a way to add the programming to the 18s?

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I love that you can set it for slower speeds. There are times that I'm just driving around exploring the region where we live. I can set it on third gear going 35 or 40mph to just climb up and down all over the prairie ridges and wind my way along the serpentine roads.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Downshifting does cancel it out, you have to hit resume after you downshift.
2019 JLUR, regular CC. Mine does this. Other than that I use it all the time on highways. Did a 3+ hour road trip from Albany NY to York Beach ME, no issues.

Sponsored

Beachy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
This looks like an old thread, but i find it irritating the cruise control cancels when hitting the clutch. Cross referenced your shot of the manual with mine and now it says it will disengage when the clutch is pressed (not the 10 seconds in that other owners manual snap shot).
Guess I'm used to my VW that let's me change gears and hold the cruise control. 😕
After reading this thread i was hoping i could get it fixed, but guess i have to live with it...

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Not to useful in my part of Montana. Lots of up and down driving on the highway. I guess it goes back to the gearing issues you read so much about on the forums. 6th gear just not too useful. I'm definitely thinking about re-gearing but its hard to do so with a 2021 and only owning it for a few months.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
This looks like an old thread, but i find it irritating the cruise control cancels when hitting the clutch. Cross referenced your shot of the manual with mine and now it says it will disengage when the clutch is pressed (not the 10 seconds in that other owners manual snap shot).
Guess I'm used to my VW that let's me change gears and hold the cruise control. 😕
After reading this thread i was hoping i could get it fixed, but guess i have to live with it...
What year is your jeep? Model? Does it have ACC? Advanced Safety Package?

Beachy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
What year is your jeep? Model? Does it have ACC? Advanced Safety Package?
21 jlr - it does not have the adaptive Cruise Control.
Only has the regular safety package... That might influence the clutch controls?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
21 jlr - it does not have the adaptive Cruise Control.
Only has the regular safety package... That might influence the clutch controls?
Idk... Seems like the ones with ACC seem to not have that issue?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not to useful in my part of Montana. Lots of up and down driving on the highway. I guess it goes back to the gearing issues you read so much about on the forums. 6th gear just not too useful. I'm definitely thinking about re-gearing but its hard to do so with a 2021 and only owning it for a few months.
Just finished re-gearing my 2019 JLUR to 5.13 with 37s. It made a world of difference.