Sponsored

manual transmission with cruise control ?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
And even then you can downshift and it will automatically bring you back up to speed as long as you don’t hit the brakes or cancel it out.
Wait, what? I've always had to re-set it after shifting. This would be great, but I haven't seen it.
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As others have commented, mine does not cancel out when the clutch is pushed. I complete a shift as normal and the cruise control stays engaged. Only if pushing the brake or cancel button does it cancel out. This is the first car I’ve ever had that does this.

Mine is a 2019 with advanced safety package with adaptive cruise.
Mine is an 18 and I do have to hit reset after downshifting, now I feel ripped off. lol

Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Except you weren’t incorrect. Depends on if you have an 18/19 and if you have ACC
Yep. Tested it again today. I can shift up or down and CC and ACC keep doing what I asked of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Downshifting does cancel it out, you have to hit resume after you downshift.
yes, so I finally tested it out and as soon as I downshift it will cancel the CC and that is fine , I do not like to push the RPM too high anyways but I have to admit there are times I just have to tickle the beast and show some muscle to the occasional jerk that is misbehaving and underestimating the horsepower of my rig

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 19 with ACC but I didn’t drive it today. I’m just going to have to test it out I guess. Regular CC you have to hit resume. I’ll try the ACC. I’m wondering if I did it with ACC on and it worked and tried it again with regular CC and it didn’t which caused the confusion.
I drove 7.5 hours from Colorado to Utah on Friday, and it works on CC or ACC. Without a doubt, my 2019 does not cancel cruise control when shifting my 6 speed manual transmission. I’ve had this Jeep since December 7, 2018 and it’s been this way the whole time. I do remember the first time I completed a shift while on CC and it didn’t cancel CC. It scared the crap out of me as it was completely unexpected and nothing I had ever experienced on any other manual transmission vehicle.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From the 2019 owners manual:

If clutch is depressed for more than 10 seconds it will cancel CC. If the vehicle is placed in neutral for 10 seconds it will cancel (manual transmission only)

See attached picture from page 359

FF1A24E1-30B0-4C73-A5C0-1C32FC42B772.png

erick73

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
I have a '19 sport with regular cruise control, no ACC.
I use cruise control daily and I works perfect. It keeps me from speeding and risking getting a ticket.
One morning on my way to work I set it at 65 and after a minute I realized I was in 5th gear instead of 6th.
As soon as I pressed the clutch to shift to 6th the cruise control cancelled and I had to press resume after shifting to 6th.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

The 18 soon as you hit the clutch it drops the cc out and you have to reset. It’s not the end of the world.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
Has anybody found useful the cruise control with the stick shift Jeep?
Has anybody found useful the cruise control with the stick shift Jeep?
Just completed a 3000 mile vacation with extensive highway driving. Found cruise control to be really beneficial. Ranged cruise speed from 65 to 80 mph.
Sponsored