Manual transmission fluid mopar alternatives

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jl 6spd, ‘01 Tj Sahara 5spd
Has anyone on here used royal purple synchromax as opposed to the mopar +4 atf fluid on their jl?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone on here used royal purple synchromax as opposed to the mopar +4 atf fluid on their jl?
I'm sorry I did not see this back when posted. The RP Synchromx is not the same thing. ATF+4 is an automatic transmission fluid and I believe it is much thinner. You would likely ruin your transmission and at a minimumI void the warranty. It would be more suitable for the JK's NSG370. OUr Aisin D478 transmissions use ATF+4.

Almost all ATF+4 fluids are nearly identical. The formula is pretty strict. And they are very good. Even Walmart Supertech is very good, and its so cheap you could change it more often for the same cost as bigger names.

I prefer Valvoline, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

If you want one that truly does outperform pretty much all of them and is still 100% ATF+4 compatible, go with Redline ATF C+. It has higher full synthetic base and outperforms ATF+4 in handling high heat. I've got it in mine and by the seat of the pants, feel it is very slightly smoother. (That could be just perception to justify the high price, deep in my brain! LOL!)

Lots of guys with the beastly Mopar hot rods with the 6 speed transmissions that spec ATF+4, run this stuff, so it has a rep for being stout. But it ain't cheap.

https://www.redlineoil.com/c-atf