Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
"Eruption Green" because olivine is green when it is solid (i.e. cool, i.e. not magma/lava, i.e. not erupting). Not buying it. That's like naming a color 'Eruption Gray' because there's iron in magma, and iron is gray at room temperature. But hey, I'm just an engineer—marketing is not my forte.
I'm with this guy. Somebody over at Ford thought it would be HARDCORE to name it Eruption Green, and then some journalist went far out into left field to try and make it make sense.
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Almost hate to say it, but that’s probably the best looking Bronco I’ve seen yet. Good luck with it, looks like it will be a lot of fun.
Yeah honestly, I just really wanted to get back to a 2 door. I debated back and forth getting the 2-door JL, tried it out and it was just too small (without the back seat) to get a lot of my equipment in. The Bronco (I removed the back seats, very easy) was just a bit longer and wider to be able to fit a MTB, kiteboards, surfboards a bit easier. The manual was what put it over the edge. I will say, that I think if/when I come back to a Jeep, it's going to be a 2 door, so maybe......when the manual is sorted I'll think about it.

I've loved it so far, although I do live on the east coast with proper rock crawling 4 hours away at a minimum so.....it's not like it gets used like it should every day. I think it would shine in higher speed type of terrain, but not really certain where I can find that on the east coast either, low speed rock climbing the crawl gear has had no issues.

The washout floors and vinyl seats have been excellent, no complaints there, I'm on the beach a lot, and it washes out and flushes well, comparable to the Armorlite in my JL. Time will tell how it will hold up. One more pic from the other morning.

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? Bronco_No To

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I def think the 2 door looks much nicer than the 4 door Bronco. Very nice @ajkitebrder40

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Forward she's great but in reverse it could be lots better.
I concur! (And I have an auto). Jeep put a really high gear (numerically low), in both the manual and auto.... it's weird!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Has anybody here Put a Centerforce or ACT in their JL ?
Yes, lots of us. Search the forum. This is the wrong thread to discuss, but the executive summary is that either is a phenomenal upgrade. (I chose ACT - uses stock operating system and is less expensive, but Centerforce has been out longer and has more reviews.)

Sponsored

cycler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VW Golf GTI Autobahn, 2022 Jeep GC 4Xe
Was hoping to order a 7MT Black Diamond Bronco (also in green!) March of this year, but since Ford wasn’t taking manual orders, and hasn’t indicated if or when they will be accepted in the future, I decided to order a Jeep instead.
I was watched a few videos about the 2024 Bronco on youtube. At first I thought ok this is could just be speculation. But after watching a few I thought maybe they have some merrit. Allegedly Ford will be producing the 2024 Broncos with a 7spd. They are sorting out production issues. This videos says that the reason Ford halted production was due to the fact they were getting the Michigan plant ready. Both the 2024 Ranger and 2024 Bronco will be assembled at the Michigan plant. And production on both 2024 models "should go full swing fall of 2023". This will include the 7spd

ecomguy

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 etron
Clubs

I was watched a few videos about the 2024 Bronco on youtube. At first I thought ok this is could just be speculation. But after watching a few I thought maybe they have some merrit. Allegedly Ford will be producing the 2024 Broncos with a 7spd. They are sorting out production issues. This videos says that the reason Ford halted production was due to the fact they were getting the Michigan plant ready. Both the 2024 Ranger and 2024 Bronco will be assembled at the Michigan plant. And production on both 2024 models "should go full swing fall of 2023". This will include the 7spd
I’ll believe it when I see it. Personally, I just wasn’t willing to wait longer simply to submit an order, especially since price increases continued to mount. I had already waited since last October for the “opportunity” to order, and was a bit crestfallen when the most consequential option wasn’t available.

It was only after the Bronco didn’t allow a manual order when I even looked at the Wrangler. I was surprised to find that I preferred the Wrangler’s dash materials, gauge cluster, flip-up rear seats, and lever parking brake, plus I could get some feature I really wanted: 2dr soft top and heated seats in lower-spec trim (Bronco only allows heated seats with a manual in the mid package plus).

Honestly I would be happy with either a Bronco Black Diamond 7MT or a Willys, but I was only willing to spend the dough for a new vehiclle if I could get exactly what I wanted.

cycler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VW Golf GTI Autobahn, 2022 Jeep GC 4Xe
I’ll believe it when I see it. Personally, I just wasn’t willing to wait longer simply to submit an order, especially since price increases continued to mount. I had already waited since last October for the “opportunity” to order, and was a bit crestfallen when the most consequential option wasn’t available.

It was only after the Bronco didn’t allow a manual order when I even looked at the Wrangler. I was surprised to find that I preferred the Wrangler’s dash materials, gauge cluster, flip-up rear seats, and lever parking brake, plus I could get some feature I really wanted: 2dr soft top and heated seats in lower-spec trim (Bronco only allows heated seats with a manual in the mid package plus).

Honestly I would be happy with either a Bronco Black Diamond 7MT or a Willys, but I was only willing to spend the dough for a new vehiclle if I could get exactly what I wanted.
Which is why I wrote Allegedly ;) What I dont understand is why Ford removes the manual if you add the mid package. Or if you pass on the mid package, and add heated seats. The manual is removed as well. At least thats how it on the 2023 models when you build them. Maybe it will be different on the 2024's

ecomguy

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 etron
Clubs

Which is why I wrote Allegedly ;) What I dont understand is why Ford removes the manual if you add the mid package. Or if you pass on the mid package, and add heated seats. The manual is removed as well. At least thats how it on the 2023 models when you build them. Maybe it will be different on the 2024's
Manual and mid package combination is theoretically possible in the Badlands and in the Heritage if I recall… but doesn’t really matter when they can’t be ordered.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Yes, lots of us. Search the forum. This is the wrong thread to discuss, but the executive summary is that either is a phenomenal upgrade. (I chose ACT - uses stock operating system and is less expensive, but Centerforce has been out longer and has more reviews.)
You are correct - this thread is now only about the green color Ford chose to use on the Bronco and all sorts of stuff about its manual transmission. As well as the usual Manual vs. Automatic religious argument. :)

Has Jeep delivered (to a dealer/customer) a 2024 model year Jeep with a manual transmission yet?

Sponsored

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2DR Rubicon V6 MT, 2022 BMW X4 M40
You are correct - this thread is now only about the green color Ford chose to use on the Bronco and all sorts of stuff about its manual transmission. As well as the usual Manual vs. Automatic religious argument. :)

Has Jeep delivered (to a dealer/customer) a 2024 model year Jeep with a manual transmission yet?
Based on all the comments on the 2024 waiting room thread, no MTs yet.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 6MT Sport & 2023 JL 2 Door 6MT Sport
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech
I Have bad news...

Just took delivery of out 6MT 2023 JL Sport, made post recall and with no recall against it (basically means it has the recall built in). Terrible news, the clutch feels just as sloppy, jerky, and inconstant as our 22 JT with the open recall. Sorry for the info... If you're happy with the clutch, it will be all good. Those who hate how it feels, go ahead and order you aftermarket clutch now lol.

Reactions: LCW

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
I Have bad news...

Just took delivery of out 6MT 2023 JL Sport, made post recall and with no recall against it (basically means it has the recall built in). Terrible news, the clutch feels just as sloppy, jerky, and inconstant as our 22 JT with the open recall. Sorry for the info... If you're happy with the clutch, it will be all good. Those who hate how it feels, go ahead and order you aftermarket clutch now lol.
Thanks for ruining my vacation, jerk. Super disappointing. Guess we still won’t find out for a few more weeks on what Jeep actually changed. They probably just straitened their middle finger.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech
Thanks for ruining my vacation, jerk. Super disappointing. Guess we still won’t find out for a few more weeks on what Jeep actually changed. They probably just straitened their middle finger.
Yeah, not stoked either, had hopes high. Maybe there's something else changed at least for heat dissipation in the trans as I know that got a new part number. Would be crazy to have trans replaced though, a lot more expensive than clutch's. I atleast hope it's safer at a bare minimum because if there's ANY other issues, we all better be raising a wild amount of hell for them to make this right

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech