First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Eruption green is a cool color for sure!
I like the color, but how do they come up with these color names? The only green 'eruption' that comes to mind is ?...
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I like the color, but how do they come up with these color names? The only green 'eruption' that comes to mind is ?...
Haha, completely agree. Ironically, someone mentioned this for the name and it makes it a bit cooler:

Ford is launching an 'Eruption Green' Bronco and here's where the odd name may be from | Fox News

In any case, I like it, and my Dad has a Sarge Green JL, I really like them both. The biggest things for me on the manual comparison is the Bronco has shorter throws and a tighter clutch, and I believe having the granny gear helps to keep the normal gears at a good ratio and not too tall in first like the JL (Rubicon). The two door was just big enough to fit things like a MTB and my surf gear but still be able to get away with a two door, that's what sold me. I love Jeeps, that's all I ever had before but if you compare the manual transmissions, the Bronco blows the JL out of the water.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Haha, completely agree. Ironically, someone mentioned this for the name and it makes it a bit cooler:

Ford is launching an 'Eruption Green' Bronco and here's where the odd name may be from | Fox News
"Eruption Green" because olivine is green when it is solid (i.e. cool, i.e. not magma/lava, i.e. not erupting). Not buying it. That's like naming a color 'Eruption Gray' because there's iron in magma, and iron is gray at room temperature. But hey, I'm just an engineer—marketing is not my forte.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. I enjoy the hell out of it off-road. Sure I wouldn't mind a little more clutch feedback but if the recall doesn't fix that a CF will. The Rubi 4:1 T-case is fantastic, it shifts like butter and 4.10's/33's match up just about perfect.
Have you compared it with a old TJ Rubicon , back to back. on the same extreme trail ?

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 6MT Sport & 2023 JL 2 Door 6MT Sport
Occupation
Jeep Dealer Tech
Just want to run an update, as of checking on 7/18, the current ETA for the recall release is 9/5/23. This has been recently updated at some point after release 23 MYs for delivery. So theres everyones current update.

Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Have you compared it with a old TJ Rubicon , back to back. on the same extreme trail ?
Nope, but but I've had it to most of the places my buddy and I have taken his TJ and my old YJ. He's in JK Rubi now, all manuals, we've both had a fair amount of drivers seat time in each others rigs. Mostly Owyhee Canyonlands so pretty bouldery but I wouldn't call it extreme.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I wouldn’t order a manual. Or I’d change my order to the auto. Sad to say.
The JL manual is awful to drive on road. Off-road is honestly one of the worst feeling trans I’ve ever driven. I had 3 JKs, all manual trans and were great.
This is the first auto jeep I’ve ever been in.

I don’t understand how anyone who’s driven manuals can test drive one of these and be ok with it.
It has no feel the whole throw of the clutch, the engagement point can’t be felt. You only know it’s engaging when you’re starting to roll. Nothing in the pedal.
I’ve driven tons of manual trans for the last 30 years. And this is what the 7th recall since the JL launched.
Yep. I‘ve owned three manual Jeeps. They shifted like tractors but the transmission was strong.

The JL’s manual is ass.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Yep. I‘ve owned three manual Jeeps. They shifted like tractors but the transmission was strong.

The JL’s manual is ass.
OK people, this thread is asking if anybody have received a 2023 or 2024 with a manual transmission from the dealer since the Stop Sale. The OP wasn't looking for people who think the manual is trash or garbage, or why people shouldn't order a manual. There are plenty of threads for the manual transmission haters. Has anybody taken delivery of a manual transmission Wrangler since the stop sale started???

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Just want to run an update, as of checking on 7/18, the current ETA for the recall release is 9/5/23. This has been recently updated at some point after release 23 MYs for delivery. So theres everyones current update.
Thanks for the update. It would be great if you could let us know what the update consists of, when it comes out.

OP
OP
Obscurity

Obscurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, 4Dr Rubicon M/T maybe someday?
OK people, this thread is asking if anybody have received a 2023 or 2024 with a manual transmission from the dealer since the Stop Sale. The OP wasn't looking for people who think the manual is trash or garbage, or why people shouldn't order a manual. There are plenty of threads for the manual transmission haters. Has anybody taken delivery of a manual transmission Wrangler since the stop sale started???
Finally the voice of reason 8) Since I asked the question I've only found 2023s that have been shipped

Sponsored

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2DR Rubicon V6 MT, 2022 BMW X4 M40
Yes. Folks have received their MY23 MTs recently.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2023-orders-check-in-here.95384/page-1018

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Easy but pricey fix, ACT or Centerforce.
Easy but pricey fix, ACT or Centerforce.
Has anybody here Put a Centerforce or ACT in their JL ? Can someone actually speak to if it is that much better ? I’ve have Centerforce before, I have absolutely no complaints there. Never heard of ACT, so I can’t speak to that. The clutch in my 2019 2-door Rubicon is definitely NOT the best. Yes, the clutch in my 2013 Rubicon was better. I still don’t want an automatic. When this clutch wears out, or WHATEVER it’s gonna do, I’ll probably just put a Centerforce in and be happy.
Could it have come with a better clutch/transmission combo ? Yes
Did it come with a great clutch/transmission combination ? No
In my thinking I’m gonna change everything eventually anyhow. Cause building and rebuilding my Jeep is what I do. If don’t like something, I change it. If something breaks, I upgrade it. If something is just not so, I modify it. I’ve been doing that since my first Jeep 1972 CJ-5 w/304 V-8 and a 3-speed manual. And that had a Centerforce clutch.
Jeep makes a product. Not everyone keeps them stock. Not everyone modifies the hell out of them. If you don’t like something about your Jeep, change it. They sell to the masses. We, for the most part, are NOT the masses. And they can’t give everyone EXACTLY what they want. They sell a product. We need to make it our own. Be it a light bar, a new clutch or an ugly, er, ah, I mean angry grill.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
2 Door Badlands, had reserved it in July 2021, wasn't going to take delivery of it until I drove it, the smoothness of the manual is what did it for me (and the 2 door). I hate the 4 door. Also, for all of the bitching about dealers, the small town dealer I worked with did invoice pricing with no dealer fees plus upfront rebate of the price difference from when I ordered it originally (roughly $4500). Walked out with it for $44k, sold my '21 JL with 13,500 miles on it for $45k to Carvana.

Bronco_No Top.jpg
Almost hate to say it, but that’s probably the best looking Bronco I’ve seen yet. Good luck with it, looks like it will be a lot of fun.

ecomguy

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 etron
Clubs

2 Door Badlands, had reserved it in July 2021, wasn't going to take delivery of it until I drove it, the smoothness of the manual is what did it for me (and the 2 door). I hate the 4 door. Also, for all of the bitching about dealers, the small town dealer I worked with did invoice pricing with no dealer fees plus upfront rebate of the price difference from when I ordered it originally (roughly $4500). Walked out with it for $44k, sold my '21 JL with 13,500 miles on it for $45k to Carvana.

Bronco_No Top.jpg
Was hoping to order a 7MT Black Diamond Bronco (also in green!) March of this year, but since Ford wasn’t taking manual orders, and hasn’t indicated if or when they will be accepted in the future, I decided to order a Jeep instead.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I wouldn’t order a manual. Or I’d change my order to the auto. Sad to say.
The JL manual is awful to drive on road. Off-road is honestly one of the worst feeling trans I’ve ever driven. I had 3 JKs, all manual trans and were great.
This is the first auto jeep I’ve ever been in.

I don’t understand how anyone who’s driven manuals can test drive one of these and be ok with it.
It has no feel the whole throw of the clutch, the engagement point can’t be felt. You only know it’s engaging when you’re starting to roll. Nothing in the pedal.
I’ve driven tons of manual trans for the last 30 years. And this is what the 7th recall since the JL launched.
It used to be manual was the only way to go off-road, the JL definitely made it so that auto was the way to go off-road. The fact that you can slip it into manual mode and it will hang in whatever gear you put it in without changing gears at red line is really really nice!!
Sponsored