First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
So for Production vehicles, I don’t think Jeep will say, but it’s a new MT for the production. Mine was just delivered today.
You’re probably right. After all the halted vehicles as of last Feb are caught up, they will probably just start shipping the updated to requesting dealers. I’m sure I’ll have to request it through a dealer via S/N Then once it’s in, the dealer calls the customer. After someone cracks one open to examine it, then we will know,
Sponsored

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
You’re probably right. After all the halted vehicles as of last Feb are caught up, they will probably just start shipping the updated to requesting dealers. I’m sure I’ll have to request it through a dealer via S/N Then once it’s in, the dealer calls the customer. After someone cracks one open to examine it, then we will know,
Roger that.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Ignore this troll. I just did. He has a hard-on for me, and at this point it’s creepy.

1689455680173.png
What you should do,is debate the fact that Jeep put a manual behind a low torque engine,and then gave it a light weight flywheel. Dont call names and run away .

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Ruining it for the ones that do? Give me a break.

Is “to the extent of its capabilities” meaning purely stock? When stock doesn’t cut it, people gear swap or other drivetrain/suspension/&.c improvements to increase its stock capabilities. The aftermarket clutches aren't nearly as expensive as regearing labor (around me), axles, or quality lifts/suspension upgrades. Heck, people install cosmetic bumpers and wheels that cost more than those clutches. Somehow upgrading your clutch to increase off-road capabilities is taboo?

I don't love the clutch, but I don't hate it either. It took a little to learn its quirks, but it isn't some travesty inflicted upon us by FCA. It works for the 99%, and if you need something else, we have aftermarket options.
Someone needs to compare their 18 up Manual Rubicon to the 03 06 Rubicon's . You need not only a aftermarket clutch plus re gear but also a high torque engine . If you do more then light trails .

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
Someone needs to compare their 18 up Manual Rubicon to the 03 06 Rubicon's . You need not only a aftermarket clutch plus re gear but also a high torque engine . If you do more then light trails .
Your grammar and punctuation is atrocious…in.every.single.post. It’s brutal.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just curious if anyone has had a 2024 manual transmission wrangler successfully delivered.
They can't deliver any manual transmission jeeps of this design, until an acceptable corrective action (to NHTSA) has been incorporated.

2020 JEEP WRANGLER SUV 4WD | NHTSA

"Please be reminded that under 49 U.S.C. § 30112(a)(3), it is illegal for a manufacturer, to sell, offer for sale, import, or introduce or deliver into interstate commerce, a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that contains a safety defect once the manufacturer has notified NHTSA about that safety defect. This prohibition does not apply once the motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment has been remedied according to the manufacturer's instructions"

Deleted member 59498

They can't deliver any manual transmission jeeps of this design, until an acceptable corrective action (to NHTSA) has been incorporated.

"Please be reminded that under 49 U.S.C. § 30112(a)(3), it is illegal for a manufacturer, to sell, offer for sale, import, or introduce or deliver into interstate commerce, a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that contains a safety defect once the manufacturer has notified NHTSA about that safety defect. This prohibition does not apply once the motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment has been remedied according to the manufacturer's instructions"
They seem to have a fix now that 2023 are being delivered. They will most likely use whatever fix they have on production first then move to recalls.

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2DR Rubicon V6 MT, 2022 BMW X4 M40
Guys, go play mean with each other in private and spare us all your sophomoric banter. Thank you in advance.
Agree with @Grayone!

This will probably make me unpopular around here, but I’m going to say it anyway.

What the heck? Why are folks replying back to @Canjeeper? He is more than welcome to express his opinion. Is he perhaps being antagonistic? Sure, but who cares? Skip and don’t read his post.

This is message board for Pete’s sake. Don’t take this too serious.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obscurity

Obscurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, 4Dr Rubicon M/T maybe someday?

Agree but there are reports of recent(last few days) delivered 2023 M/T jeeps over in the 2023 Order Page. If they are delivering this it stands to reason the fix is avaliable.

If I was jeep I'd be finishing the 2023s on one Toledo line and do the 2024s on the other. Though they rarely ask my opinion on these things. 8)

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
So no one knows the actual fix? At least with the Bronco you know what has changed.

Deleted member 59498

So no one knows the actual fix? At least with the Bronco you know what has changed.
Probably once it is sent to dealers you will know.

This is not Ford or a Bronco. I am sure once Jeep releases the fix for recalls everyone will know.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I wouldn’t order a manual. Or I’d change my order to the auto. Sad to say.
The JL manual is awful to drive on road. Off-road is honestly one of the worst feeling trans I’ve ever driven. I had 3 JKs, all manual trans and were great.
This is the first auto jeep I’ve ever been in.

I don’t understand how anyone who’s driven manuals can test drive one of these and be ok with it.
It has no feel the whole throw of the clutch, the engagement point can’t be felt. You only know it’s engaging when you’re starting to roll. Nothing in the pedal.
I’ve driven tons of manual trans for the last 30 years. And this is what the 7th recall since the JL launched.
I don't know what you are talking about. This is hands down the best manual Jeep I have ever driven (2018 JL 2DR Rubicon). My only complaint is in reverse it stalls like crazy with any type or resistance.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fun ones!
Probably once it is sent to dealers you will know.

This is not Ford or a Bronco. I am sure once Jeep releases the fix for recalls everyone will know.
Wut? Are you saying Jeep has done an exemplary job with the manual fix? Is this round 4? Sorry I said the Bronco word. Sounds like you took it personal. Bronco bronco bronco bronco…
Sponsored