Manual Transmission Delivered?

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I haven't had any trouble with my manual Jeeps. My TJ was a 5-speed, a 2020 Sport, a 2022 Sahara and my 2023 Rubicon, all 6-speed manuals. I am very satisfied with my 6-speeds that are under recall. Personally I think they are great. I have had many manual transmission vehicles in my life. If they do get around to replacing clutches on the 6-speed, I will wait a while so I can get a new clutch at a higher mileage. Just because you think the 6-speeds are terrible, does not mean all the owners of the vehicles dislike them...
I agree. I've also had some much worse manuals, especially in the clutch feel department. After my wife's 6spd tdi vw golf, she thinks the jeep has an amazing clutch. To quote her, "I can actually tell what the clutch is doing!!"

I still can't wait to replace the clutch/flywheel assembly with an ACT and regear to 4.88s (STUPID ME DECIDED LAST MINUTE NOT TO ORDER WITH 4.88s :mad::mad::mad:)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Obscurity

Obscurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, 4Dr Rubicon M/T maybe someday?
I was just looking at the clutch recall thread and saw that people are receiving delivery on 2023 M/T vehicles so hopefully things are moving

OP
OP
Obscurity

Obscurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I test drove a M/T before placing my order. The clutch was definitely light but I think that will just take an adjustment on my part. I've had several old VWs with very light clutches.
If you want a tough to drive stick I've got an old Ford farm truck with spur gears, a very heavy flywheel, and no synchros. Easily the most challenging stick I've ever driven

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
I was just looking at the clutch recall thread and saw that people are receiving delivery on 2023 M/T vehicles so hopefully things are moving
FYI
I’ve been part of the 2023 MT thread since December. The 2023 MT Wranglers are now being delivered. So they have a fix. Keep in mind that they prioritize Production vehicles first. So the 2024 MTs on order should already be lined up with the new MT.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I test drove a M/T before placing my order. The clutch was definitely light but I think that will just take an adjustment on my part. I've had several old VWs with very light clutches.
If you want a tough to drive stick I've got an old Ford farm truck with spur gears, a very heavy flywheel, and no synchros. Easily the most challenging stick I've ever driven
You will love it. Ignore the haters, especially the guys who bought the AT. Why do they even feel the need to comment?

5 years with mine and ZERO regrets.

Sponsored

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
FYI
I’ve been part of the 2023 MT thread since December. The 2023 MT Wranglers are now being delivered. So they have a fix. Keep in mind that they prioritize Production vehicles first. So the 2024 MTs on order should already be lined up with the new MT.
Any idea what the fix is? I checked my vin ot the recall and it just says parts are not available.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
You will love it. Ignore the haters, especially the guys who bought the AT. Why do they even feel the need to comment?

5 years with mine and ZERO regrets.
The only people who love the JL manuals are the ones who never use it off road ,to the extent of its capability's . And they are ruining it for the ones that do .

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
The only people who love the JL manuals are the ones who never use it off road ,to the extent of its capability's . And they are ruining it for the ones that do .
You misspelled capabilities...
Did you have to rescue someone with a manual on the trail? You will need to backup this fairy tale.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Ruining it for the ones that do? Give me a break.

Is “to the extent of its capabilities” meaning purely stock? When stock doesn’t cut it, people gear swap or other drivetrain/suspension/&.c improvements to increase its stock capabilities. The aftermarket clutches aren't nearly as expensive as regearing labor (around me), axles, or quality lifts/suspension upgrades. Heck, people install cosmetic bumpers and wheels that cost more than those clutches. Somehow upgrading your clutch to increase off-road capabilities is taboo?

I don't love the clutch, but I don't hate it either. It took a little to learn its quirks, but it isn't some travesty inflicted upon us by FCA. It works for the 99%, and if you need something else, we have aftermarket options.

Sponsored

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
Any idea what the fix is? I checked my vin ot the recall and it just says parts are not available.
So for Production vehicles, I don’t think Jeep will say, but it’s a new MT for the production. Mine was just delivered today.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I beg to differ. My 6 speed
Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? IMG_3606

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? 4347AFFE-E857-4D68-84D2-1BF63C8FF812

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? IMG_0794

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? 20230311_123710

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You misspelled capabilities...
Did you have to rescue someone with a manual on the trail? You will need to backup this fairy tale.
Ignore this troll. I just did. He has a hard-on for me, and at this point it’s creepy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission Delivered? 1689455680173

OP
OP
Obscurity

Obscurity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So for Production vehicles, I don’t think Jeep will say, but it’s a new MT for the production. Mine was just delivered today.
Is yours a 2024?
Sponsored