AVGeek99

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
I don't have adaptive cruise. That might cause your Jeep to behave differently by design. Still, I doubt it. Not cutting throttle when you push in the clutch pedal sounds like a dangerous malfunction to me. I'd get it checked out.
It is definitely by design and works really well. As soon as you push in the clutch or pull it out of gear the engine RPMs drop just as you would expect. I didn't notice any sort of RPM spike at all, not even for a split second. As soon as you put it in gear it resumes. It will disengage if you leave it in neutral for 5-6 seconds.
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
It is definitely by design and works really well. As soon as you push in the clutch or pull it out of gear the engine RPMs drop just as you would expect. I didn't notice any sort of RPM spike at all, not even for a split second. As soon as you put it in gear it resumes. It will disengage if you leave it in neutral for 5-6 seconds.
I had to go back and read the original post again. So it drops the RPMs when the clutch pedal is down, and then picks right back up. Okay, that's different! I've had vehicles malfunction such that when you push in the clutch, the engine just red lines until you kill the cruise. That's what I thought you were saying, but I colored my reading of your post with my past experience, instead of actually comprehending your message.

It happens. 😜