DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have Valvoline ATF+4 in mine and haven't had the lockout issue. In fact, it hasn't felt any different than when 70 degrees.

Still, I'm curious how the Redline feels, so keep us posted!
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Alright, as luck would have it my Redline was delivered today about 30ish minutes of making my post in here. Swapped out the fluid, color of old fluid was pretty much as new looking as it could get as it had maybe 5k or less miles on it.

Used 2 and a half bottles(1qt size) to fill her up, pro tip Redline screw on top is smaller than the regular atf +4 bottles...

Rowed through gears before starting her up. Didn't really notice much till after a few minutes of driving. Throwing it into first on a downshift way less notchy than before, rowed through gears up to fifth everything felt smooth. I normally don't buy into this snake oil crap but my shift felt smoother all around. Shifted into First and Reverse multiple times and can confirm that notchy feeling is almost gone.

Anyway, I think this was a win as I can tell a difference between shifts. I will update you guys in a few days with this lock out scenario issue.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Alright, as luck would have it my Redline was delivered today about 30ish minutes of making my post in here. Swapped out the fluid, color of old fluid was pretty much as new looking as it could get as it had maybe 5k or less miles on it.

Used 2 and a half bottles(1qt size) to fill her up, pro tip Redline screw on top is smaller than the regular atf +4 bottles...

Rowed through gears before starting her up. Didn't really notice much till after a few minutes of driving. Throwing it into first on a downshift way less notchy than before, rowed through gears up to fifth everything felt smooth. I normally don't buy into this snake oil crap but my shift felt smoother all around. Shifted into First and Reverse multiple times and can confirm that notchy feeling is almost gone.

Anyway, I think this was a win as I can tell a difference between shifts. I will update you guys in a few days with this lock out scenario issue.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to another update in a few days!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Redline is top stuff, from all I've read and also heard from users. Mostly oil, but I've heard some folks talk about their tranny fluids and it's all been glowing. They are a blender, but they choose from top shelf base oils and additives and appear to do a good job with it. Kinda like Amsoil, but without the silly marketing scheme.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped my manual and TC fluid at 2500 mi. with Amsoil signature series ATF. The magnet looked similar to Jeep Generation's in his video so I swapped it again at 5k and all the tiny metal particles were gone.. just some metallic sludge so I guess it was break-in particles. It's definitely a LOT smoother now. I have some redline C+ on the shelf I may use on the next fill but don't think it could be any smoother. It's so smooth shifting now that I sometimes don't fully engage the synchros and it slides out of gear from not using enough force. I can almost 'throw' it into gears lol.

Sponsored

Jl335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JLU
I'm getting a new auto Transmission wouldn't they put in new oil into the transfer case or no? I'm looking to change my differentials fluids

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Would it hurt changing the fluid after 2 thousand miles to get out anything from the initial transmission break-in or am I being overly cautious
It wouldn't hurt anything, but isn't really needed either. Its really preference. Peace of mind kind of thing. It doesn't cost much for the oil.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I'm getting a new auto Transmission wouldn't they put in new oil into the transfer case or no? I'm looking to change my differentials fluids
I would think they would drain the transfer case and transmission, then separate the transfer case from the transmission. Not sure what it has to do with your differential though?

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Let the Jeep sit since the last time I posted in this thread, went out this morning fired her up, clutch in, slid right into reverse. At this point I will further update ya'll if it get's stuck again.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Annnnd been locked out twice since my last post here.

I'm start to suspect maybe it has something to do with my Centerforce Clutch or the Slave Cylinder. . . Yesterday I was locked out of every gear accept 4th on a cold start.....

Sponsored

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Transmission was feeling a little notchy, so decided I’d change out the fluid. 21k miles on my 2018. Like many of the other pictures on here my magnet on the transmission plug had a good amount of break-in shavings. Fluid was pretty dark red too. Changed it out for Amsoil Signature Series multi-vehicle ATF fluid. If you buy it make sure it’s the multi-vehicle (red top) and not the fuel-efficient blue top stuff. Did the transfer case while I was at it (as shown from the pic above).

I will say a huge difference with this fluid. Shifting feels smoother now. Also from 2wd to 4hi is about the same, but the shift into 4lo is MUCH smoother. The fluid is not cheap but to me worth every penny. Highly recommend this stuff.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
For anyone looking for a slick way to drain the transfer case without making a massive mess I took a milk jug, cut it in half the long way and made a slide for the fluid. Zero mess.

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission and T-Case Fluid Change Today D2412734-6E64-4993-9040-56A439CD8D5B
I wussed out and removed the four 17mm bolts to take off that brace. Magnetic tranny bolt looked good after 24k mikes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission and T-Case Fluid Change Today D076E8CD-C7AF-443B-A147-A7CE45138762

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I wussed out and removed the four 17mm bolts to take off that brace. Magnetic tranny bolt looked good after 24k mikes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Manual Transmission and T-Case Fluid Change Today D076E8CD-C7AF-443B-A147-A7CE45138762
I did the same. Did you add the magnetic drain plug?