Manual trans.only - allow setting seat heater defaults

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Yea, but when it has been 20F below 0 for weeks, and the weather warms up to 39F, those seat warmers are wayyy too hot. The issue that is that this feature is able to be enabled and disabled at will on automatic transmission Jeeps, and manual transmissions don't have the option.
Living in Southern Arizona we may have 15-20 mornings that are below 40° and I appreciate the seat heater and heated wheel in those instances.

Of course we never get below 0°, but do have 60+ days above 100° so the cold feels colder to those who live here year round.

With companies like Tesla who encourage their owners to submit enhancements, FCA should do the same. I love my Jeep, but improvements will always be welcome. One thing I would like to see on cold mornings is when the passenger seat is occupied when it starts, turn their seat heater on as well. When it is vacated turn it off. This is another simple software update.
Sponsored

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It's also too hot when you've had the heater going all day and just stop to get gas real quick or something. Then you hop in and start the jeep back up and all of a sudden get overheated, look down and crap turn it off AGAIN.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just reading about it now. Same problem with my automatic. But the bug only appeared after I used the seat and steering wheel heater once. I don't have the option of remote engine ignition!

I thought it might be a bug with my Tazer, so I reboot my Tazer (twice so far) ... and so far it's ok ... but not sure if the problem is solved...

sleeman24

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
I just noticed this added in my setting on my 2018 manual trans JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Manual trans.only - allow setting seat heater defaults FCBAC862-85B7-4FCA-9826-FC6FDA18A5F0

emBARK

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Rubicon
Good to note, I have a MT JLR on order and living in western NY we have plenty of days 40 and below.

Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

I have the same menu on my 22 6mt, would be nice if you could set the temp as 40 is a bit high and depending upon where your at some might want it on a 60 degrees either way being able to set the threshold would be a nice addition

Regards,
Jim

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
My UConnect 8.4 hardware (radio) failed and was replaced. The software is a newer version than the original, now there’s an option with my 2018 manual transmission Sahara in the settings menu to disable the auto in comfort setting. It now works, last week we had one day below 40F and I didn’t have to play dashboard-button-gymnastics to shut off the heated driver’s seat (4-button presses) and the heated steering wheel. It may have been on the last software update for the old failed radio and I missed it.

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
Software Version now on my Uconnect 8.4 in my 2018 JLU Sahara 6 MT is 21.14.14 and the automatic seat/wheel. New menu choice is at:
Settings > Seats & Comfort > Auto-On Heated Seat & Steering Wheel > then Uncheck box “With Vehicle Start”

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I too have a 6speed MT but as a previous post stated, you can disable this via the Tazer JL Mini..

schumbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Software Version now on my Uconnect 8.4 in my 2018 JLU Sahara 6 MT is 21.14.14 and the automatic seat/wheel. New menu choice is at:
Settings > Seats & Comfort > Auto-On Heated Seat & Steering Wheel > then Uncheck box “With Vehicle Start”
That fixed it. Thank you!
Sponsored