Manual trans.only - allow setting seat heater defaults

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Yea, but when it has been 20F below 0 for weeks, and the weather warms up to 39F, those seat warmers are wayyy too hot. The issue that is that this feature is able to be enabled and disabled at will on automatic transmission Jeeps, and manual transmissions don't have the option.
Living in Southern Arizona we may have 15-20 mornings that are below 40° and I appreciate the seat heater and heated wheel in those instances.

Of course we never get below 0°, but do have 60+ days above 100° so the cold feels colder to those who live here year round.

With companies like Tesla who encourage their owners to submit enhancements, FCA should do the same. I love my Jeep, but improvements will always be welcome. One thing I would like to see on cold mornings is when the passenger seat is occupied when it starts, turn their seat heater on as well. When it is vacated turn it off. This is another simple software update.

Gillbot

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It's also too hot when you've had the heater going all day and just stop to get gas real quick or something. Then you hop in and start the jeep back up and all of a sudden get overheated, look down and crap turn it off AGAIN.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just reading about it now. Same problem with my automatic. But the bug only appeared after I used the seat and steering wheel heater once. I don't have the option of remote engine ignition!

I thought it might be a bug with my Tazer, so I reboot my Tazer (twice so far) ... and so far it's ok ... but not sure if the problem is solved...

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement