Manual - Clutch engagement - 2021 JLU

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
@nomographer, what procedure did you use to calibrate the throttle?

Trying to drive my Rubi in first in stop and go is painful. The throttle is an on/off affair. Very jerky. And rev hang is an everyday occurance. If I am rolling down the road, push in the clutch and rev the engine to 4k or so, it will stay there for a few seconds. Then out of curiosity, I ran it up in second gear and let off the throttle. The Jeep kept on trucking like it was on cruise control.

Pete
Advertisement

nomographer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
@nomographer, what procedure did you use to calibrate the throttle?

Trying to drive my Rubi in first in stop and go is painful. The throttle is an on/off affair. Very jerky. And rev hang is an everyday occurance. If I am rolling down the road, push in the clutch and rev the engine to 4k or so, it will stay there for a few seconds. Then out of curiosity, I ran it up in second gear and let off the throttle. The Jeep kept on trucking like it was on cruise control.

Pete
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...by-january-22-2021.65706/page-24#post-1533883

The first time didn't take for me. Second and third times it worked. After the Y01 recall flash it was the first thing I tested on the lot, and the flash blew out the values and it was either idle or 5krpm. One pass of this procedure and I could hold around 1.8k, which was good enough for me to drive out of there and get on with my day.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys Punk’n & 21 JLR Sting
Test drove a manual 2 door rubi yesterday while patiently awaiting the arrival of the one I ordered. I have Driven stick since I was 16 when my dad said “if you want to go anywhere you will figure it out” having left me with a beater 78 Ford F-150 while he and my mom went on a vacation. most recently had a manual JK. Test driving the JL manual felt entirely off to me as I struggled to not look like a complete idiot driving off the lot. Started to question my decision (we have the 2.0 in JLU willys cuz the mrs needs her remote start). Found this thread, awesome to have the calibration screenshot in my picture roll now for day one when I pick mine up, thank you!

Sparty

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 20 JT, 21 JLR
Test drove a manual 2 door rubi yesterday while patiently awaiting the arrival of the one I ordered. I have Driven stick since I was 16 when my dad said “if you want to go anywhere you will figure it out” having left me with a beater 78 Ford F-150 while he and my mom went on a vacation. most recently had a manual JK. Test driving the JL manual felt entirely off to me as I struggled to not look like a complete idiot driving off the lot. Started to question my decision (we have the 2.0 in JLU willys cuz the mrs needs her remote start). Found this thread, awesome to have the calibration screenshot in my picture roll now for day one when I pick mine up, thank you!
I went directly from a manual 5pd TJ Sport to the JLR. Two completely different worlds.

However....I resisted frustration and paid attention to what I was doing. 1st gear on the Rubi is pretty quick - that took a little to get used to. 1st to 2nd could be jerky once in a while. But like I said, pay attention to and and you'll adjust.

Also - I'm about 1500 miles into it and it's smoothed out quite a bit. I enjoy driving it (which was my main concern/fear for the first 100miles or so)

Mikester86

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement