Manley confirms Nov 28-29 LA show reveal and talks hybrid / electric Wrangler

Njsoulis

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Prius
Personally I welcome some electrification for the Wrangler down the line. Check out what the Bollinger B1 is supposed to be able to do with its all electric powertrain - good performance numbers and even more storage space.

I watched this video this morning, it looks very impressive. I love the simple design and functionality of this vehicle.

Like you, I welcome electrification to the Wrangler.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The functional, boxy exterior, and the spare, sharp- edged interior all hark back to the "Form follows Function" days of Land Rover and Jeep. The 21st Century drivetrain is a perfect melding for some, but NOT the ( necessary) Nanny State of Federal Mandated Safety Features.
Crash tests, rollover tests, Insurance Institute tests would have a Field Day with this.
It's a Retro look that appeals to the True Believer Minimalist, and might have a Future with the truly off Road explorers , commercial and private. And of course, Military uses.

kukido

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI MKVII
I was thinking about going to LA Auto Show to check Jeep Wrangler JL in person.

Is there any information on whether it will be available to the public (walk around, sit inside) and whether the company will have vehicles or at least color swatches available?

Since the show is December 1-10, and the Jeep is introduced at the end of November, is it safe to assume that even getting to the show on the first day will work?

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I was thinking about going to LA Auto Show to check Jeep Wrangler JL in person.

Is there any information on whether it will be available to the public (walk around, sit inside) and whether the company will have vehicles or at least color swatches available?

Since the show is December 1-10, and the Jeep is introduced at the end of November, is it safe to assume that even getting to the show on the first day will work?
It'll be available for the public to see in person and walk around. No guarantees you can sit in it though since they sometimes lock vehicles at auto shows to prevent the public from destroying the interior and stealing shift knobs etc. But if it's locked you can usually ask a company representative to open it for you to check out the interior. My guess is they'll have it open for everyone to sit in though since it's not like an exotic sports car or anything. I doubt they'll have swatches but maybe they'll the JL/JLU in different colors on display.

Yes since it's going to be revealed at the show, first during press days (Nov 28-29) which precede the public days, you can bet it'll be on display starting the first public day - Dec 1.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Another Mises fan? I get the feeling you're an Eric Peters guy too?

Sponsored

badtux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Nice looking vehicle. Too bad it would never pass U.S. safety standards with that interior -- no place for passenger airbags, no leg bolsters to keep you in the proper place to be airbagged, etc. Nevermind crumple zones, side impact beams, yada yada. Meeting U.S. passenger safety standards is a PITA and keeps a *lot* of good offroaders out of the United States.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Too bad it would never pass U.S. safety standards with that interior -- no place for passenger airbags, no leg bolsters to keep you in the proper place to be airbagged, etc. Nevermind crumple zones, side impact beams, yada yada. Meeting U.S. passenger safety standards is a PITA and keeps a *lot* of good offroaders out of the United States.
Actually the B1 is going to be sold in the US, it literally ‘passes’ US safety standards by passing right by them and avoiding them altogether with the 10,001lbs GVWR allowing them to claim Class-3 truck exemption from those requirements.
Sponsored