Sponsored

Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
With that method, you’re jumping the constant feed power over to the homelink power supply, therefore, powering it full time. Which is the route I will go unless I can get someone to chime in on how to get the power from the BCM to the homelink. The
I’m in your same boat. The Jeep is parked in the garage 98% of the time and I live in a safe neighborhood, but I know people check car doors for crimes of opportunity. I have the factory AUX switches so I know I have a power wire for ignition right by the passenger side footwell. I plan on looking into what it will take to activate that, otherwise I’m toying with having the dealership activate the BCM.

It’s a bummer that tazer doesn’t offer this activation. I might email them and ask.
Sponsored

426 smartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2015 JK
I used the 12V power receptacle under radio---spliced wires ---no power with out the key!

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU ecoDIESEL ( on order 11-27)
For anyone interested, I spoke with zAutomotive and they said there will be a feature to activate homelink added soon to the Tazer Mini.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
New Tazer firmware just dropped and it includes activating the homelink. Updated my tazer and everything works as expected.
Just to clarify. Plug in new visor with Homelink, go to Tazer settings, turn on and all works? Key related power option now works? Thanks

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Just to clarify. Plug in new visor with Homelink, go to Tazer settings, turn on and all works? Key related power option now works? Thanks
Correct. Plugged in the new visor with the homelink, went into my tazer settings (Other -> Homelink -> swapped from OFF to On), restarted the system and homelink works when the Jeep is in the run state. Homelink does not work when it’s off or in ACC mode, which is exactly what I want.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. Plugged in the new visor with the homelink, went into my tazer settings (Other -> Homelink -> swapped from OFF to On), restarted the system and homelink works when the Jeep is in the run state. Homelink does not work when it’s off or in ACC mode, which is exactly what I want.
Thanks. Great to hear that is option now. :like:

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
The plastic poorly installed from the factory is to do what? Keep water off the BCM, how were they thinking water would rain down on it to begin with?

JBourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL Sahara 2 doors
Hello all this is my first post and I wanted to share with you some tech info I learned while trying to add a Mopar sunvisor with homelink. First off, I have a JLU sport with lighted vanity mirrors. After looking at pictures I determined that both my visors and the Homelink visor had the same three wire connector. My stock visors only used two wires but there were three going into the connector on the vehicle side. I sourced a visor from a junkyard for only $60, plugged it in, and nothing.... After researching and studying electrical diagrams I found that the gray homelink power wire is fed directly from the BCM so without a reflash there was no power coming through that wire even with the engine running. I have the aux switch group from the factory so that made the next steps easier. I went into the passenger kick panel and unpinned the gray homelink power wire from the BCM connector, then wired up a pin from an old connector I had to the ignition switched wire under the passenger dash that came with the power group and connected the two together. I could have easily just cut the wire and spliced it directly to the power but this extra step allows me to re-insert the pin in to the BCM connector and return everything to stock if need be. After wiring everything up the Homelink buttons light up when I turn the ignition on. I could have easily spliced into the power for the LED vanity lights but I like the idea of the homelink being disabled with the ignition off. So there you have it. It is fairly easy to add factory Homelink to your JL, but it is more than just plug and play.
I linked the + of the vanity light to the + of the homelink wire on the sunvisor

L06An_5

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wheeler JLU
Added the HomeLink visor to my 2021 WILLYS Wheeler this weekend. Overall a pretty simple process. Picked up the visor from eBay new for $100, yes, I know some people are finding them cheaper used.

- 18-21 WRANGLER JL GLADIATOR LEFT SUN VISOR W/ GARAGE DOOR OPENER OEM 6BR80TX7AM

I wanted to go with a plug & play installation, no wiring or cutting, so to enable the 3rd wire in the in the factory plug (power) you need to use a programmer like Tazer Mini or JSCAN. I picked JSCAN so I needed a ODBII code scanner ($31.99), good to have around anyway, Security gateway cable ($35.98), needed to get around the security gateway and make computer changes, and a JSCAN license ($23.99), to read the data and make the changes. (JSCAN can’t write the updates unless you use a security gateway cable which you can disconnect afterwards.

- Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light for iOS/Android (Amazon)

- spartshome Cable Adaptor Replacement for Autel DS808 Maxisys MS905 906 908 PRO Elite Autel Fit for Chrysler Programming Cable 12+8 Connector (Amazon)

- OBD JSCAN (Google Play store or Apple Store)

First, I unbolted the 2 bolts for my soft-top door surround clamps, then removed the Driver side sport bar trim, 4 screws and the trim slipped right off. This exposed the connector and push pin clip that holds it in place. I unclipped the connector, slid a wire out of the bottom of the retaining clip, then popped out the retaining clip, a new one comes with the visor. Next, I removed the 2 visor screws and removed the old visor. After that it’s just reversing the procedure. Sorry I didn’t take pictures I didn’t think about writing this till later.

Programing was simple after connecting the security gateway cable, I did pop off the steering wheel kick panel to make it easier getting to the security gateway connectors. Installed the ODBII reader and connected to the JSCAN app. Navigated to the HomeLink option and switched it to “Active”. Cleaned everything up and Wala working HomeLink.

Glad to answer any questions..

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
First part of thread has great details. If you just want power and don’t care if it key operated (which is nice if you just want to reach in w/out key) then you can splice into vanity light cable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport 501tgz5o37tqp369s5renygf49go38vue5aln7q5&rid=giphy
OK, simple question (i hope), and also new to the wrangler.
I'm about to order the 'homelink visor' and I will do the 'cut and splice method. My wrangler is parked in my garage, so that is not an issue.

Here's the simple question. Looking at the visor pics, it seems there is several inches of cable with a plug on the end. Where does that plug, plug in to? can I reach it by just removing the visor or do i need to follow it back to th "A" pillar and remove the "A" pillar trim ?

Thank you
Sponsored