hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The homelink visor has two power wires and a ground. The one for the vanity mirror is hot all the time. The one for homelink is fed from the BCM and only hot with ignition on when programmed presumably for top off security. You can splice the power for the vanity lights into the homelink and it wil work, but the homelink will be operable at all times. If you have a hard top and keep your doors locked this wouldn't be an issue but I have a soft top and often park topless and doorless outside my garage so i wanted it to power down when I wasnt in the Jeep. Also see my previous thoughts about sending 12V to the BCM through that wire. I dont think it would be a good idea so my suggestion would be to isolate that circuit from the BCM.
Thanks. I mostly park in garage and for low cost cut wire (delete the run back to BCM) at visor and pull power from vanity would be great. Then I can get rid of the stupid little door opener floating around the Jeep :)
Sponsored

Zyaal8r

First Name
zyaal8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My Visor finally arrived, took 2 weeks to deliver within state! (I guess no more pony-express). Anyway, dove back in and attacked the removal of the gray pin from the BCM plug - finally "success!" I was using the back end and trying to pull the pin out, usually works on a round pin. However this pin is rectangular and after looking at the illustration you sent me I was able to push it out form the front. Hooked up the gray wire to my AUX switches and like "magic" it now works! Since I park outside my garage, I was always paranoid that someone would just break in to my Jeep and using my remote opener to help themselves. Now with this set-up the Homelink only works as advertised with ignition on (however with the AUX switches I can program to work without ignition also). Needless to say I can now sleep at night knowing that my Jeep is helping protect my garage and its toys (1967 Camaro RS/SS Covt, 1987 Grand National, and my 2013 Camaro ZL1)

Thanks for the intel, instructions and pictures! Great first thread!

Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport IMG_1676

Last edited:

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Do you happen to have the part number for that visor? I’m looking to do the same thing.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have the part number for that visor? I’m looking to do the same thing.
listed at beginning of thread 6BR80TX7AL

I found one cheap on ebay

OP
OP

rollcage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Stingray
I dont remember the part number but I found this picture on ebay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport 1596137807362

Sponsored

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
listed at beginning of thread 6BR80TX7AL

I found one cheap on ebay
Thanks. I need to be better at reading. :) How much did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking? I see on mymoparparts.com it’s $140

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I need to be better at reading. :) How much did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking? I see on mymoparparts.com it’s $140
I got lucky and offered a number for used one and they accepted. Picked it up for $50 :like:

Zyaal8r

First Name
zyaal8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I paid $175 from a jeep dealer including shipping, so anything less than that would be a bargain!
check ebay you may be surprised to find one there for a steal.

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU ecoDIESEL ( on order 11-27)
Got one from eBay for $75 shipped. Has anyone figured out how to get power to it factory? Could a Tazer enable it? Gonna power mine soon and would love this option!

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got one from eBay for $75 shipped. Has anyone figured out how to get power to it factory? Could a Tazer enable it? Gonna power mine soon and would love this option!
First part of thread has great details. If you just want power and don’t care if it key operated (which is nice if you just want to reach in w/out key) then you can splice into vanity light cable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport E51B5793-9613-4FD7-B79C-4F2694893429

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the route I plan on going. I’d just figured if it’s an option to enable it I would.

Highland217

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlus altitude
First part of thread has great details. If you just want power and don’t care if it key operated (which is nice if you just want to reach in w/out key) then you can splice into vanity light cable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport E51B5793-9613-4FD7-B79C-4F2694893429
Could you walk me thru this. I’m not wiring expert. Pics are helpful if you have them other than the one here.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Could you walk me thru this. I’m not wiring expert. Pics are helpful if you have them other than the one here.
Sorry. Didn’t snap any other pics. There is an old thread that walked through step by step but can’t find at moment. In the pic you will see yellow, red and black. Black is ground (leave as is). Cut yellow and cap off end leading back to plug and splice other end with red by tapping. I didn’t have a better wire tap at the time so utilized the blue one in pic. I taped all together after to assist tucking it in behind trim just above drivers door where the visor wire plugs in. Truthfully a very easy mod to add Homelink button. Remember when you open door the buttons are activate. No key required - this is issue for some if concerned with parking Jeep outside.
Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport E4D81406-F067-4FF0-A3AB-8FB478C2DC91

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With that method, you’re jumping the constant feed power over to the homelink power supply, therefore, powering it full time. Which is the route I will go unless I can get someone to chime in on how to get the power from the BCM to the homelink. The
Sponsored