Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport

crackrk

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
With that method, you’re jumping the constant feed power over to the homelink power supply, therefore, powering it full time. Which is the route I will go unless I can get someone to chime in on how to get the power from the BCM to the homelink. The
I’m in your same boat. The Jeep is parked in the garage 98% of the time and I live in a safe neighborhood, but I know people check car doors for crimes of opportunity. I have the factory AUX switches so I know I have a power wire for ignition right by the passenger side footwell. I plan on looking into what it will take to activate that, otherwise I’m toying with having the dealership activate the BCM.

It’s a bummer that tazer doesn’t offer this activation. I might email them and ask.

Advertisement

426 smartin

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2015 JK
I used the 12V power receptacle under radio---spliced wires ---no power with out the key!

Jludiesel334

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU ecoDIESEL ( on order 11-27)
For anyone interested, I spoke with zAutomotive and they said there will be a feature to activate homelink added soon to the Tazer Mini.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
New Tazer firmware just dropped and it includes activating the homelink. Updated my tazer and everything works as expected.
Just to clarify. Plug in new visor with Homelink, go to Tazer settings, turn on and all works? Key related power option now works? Thanks

crackrk

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Just to clarify. Plug in new visor with Homelink, go to Tazer settings, turn on and all works? Key related power option now works? Thanks
Correct. Plugged in the new visor with the homelink, went into my tazer settings (Other -> Homelink -> swapped from OFF to On), restarted the system and homelink works when the Jeep is in the run state. Homelink does not work when it’s off or in ACC mode, which is exactly what I want.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. Plugged in the new visor with the homelink, went into my tazer settings (Other -> Homelink -> swapped from OFF to On), restarted the system and homelink works when the Jeep is in the run state. Homelink does not work when it’s off or in ACC mode, which is exactly what I want.
Thanks. Great to hear that is option now. :like:

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
The plastic poorly installed from the factory is to do what? Keep water off the BCM, how were they thinking water would rain down on it to begin with?

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement