Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport

L06An_5

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wheeler JLU
OK, simple question (i hope), and also new to the wrangler.
I'm about to order the 'homelink visor' and I will do the 'cut and splice method. My wrangler is parked in my garage, so that is not an issue.

Here's the simple question. Looking at the visor pics, it seems there is several inches of cable with a plug on the end. Where does that plug, plug in to? can I reach it by just removing the visor or do i need to follow it back to th "A" pillar and remove the "A" pillar trim ?

Thank you
The connector is behind the top sports bar trim, because of the clips you need to remove the trim.
Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I just did this myself. I activated homelink with my Tazer and everything worked. I did have to cut a tab off the new visor though.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OK, simple question (i hope), and also new to the wrangler.
I'm about to order the 'homelink visor' and I will do the 'cut and splice method. My wrangler is parked in my garage, so that is not an issue.

Here's the simple question. Looking at the visor pics, it seems there is several inches of cable with a plug on the end. Where does that plug, plug in to? can I reach it by just removing the visor or do i need to follow it back to th "A" pillar and remove the "A" pillar trim ?

Thank you
As mentioned by @L06An_5 remove the trim over driver door. That is where plug is. Here’s a couple pics. The plug is about where I am pointing. There’s 4 screws for trim

Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport 26910B3F-22D4-4E4C-AB3D-60C0693BCC88
Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport 99AD20DB-A43D-4A5E-A68E-379BBBF09B54

Aetherial

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2019
My Visor finally arrived, took 2 weeks to deliver within state! (I guess no more pony-express). Anyway, dove back in and attacked the removal of the gray pin from the BCM plug - finally "success!" I was using the back end and trying to pull the pin out, usually works on a round pin. However this pin is rectangular and after looking at the illustration you sent me I was able to push it out form the front. Hooked up the gray wire to my AUX switches and like "magic" it now works! Since I park outside my garage, I was always paranoid that someone would just break in to my Jeep and using my remote opener to help themselves. Now with this set-up the Homelink only works as advertised with ignition on (however with the AUX switches I can program to work without ignition also). Needless to say I can now sleep at night knowing that my Jeep is helping protect my garage and its toys (1967 Camaro RS/SS Covt, 1987 Grand National, and my 2013 Camaro ZL1)

Thanks for the intel, instructions and pictures! Great first thread!

Jeep Wrangler JL Managed to add Homelink to my JL sport 99AD20DB-A43D-4A5E-A68E-379BBBF09B54
Nicely done!
Do you know where can I find that visor?
Looking for the part you shared in the Mopar site, I get another one (it says that the new one replaced the one searched for)
It says: "6BR80TX7AO" Replaces 6BR80TX7AL, but on its description only says "Illuminated", which is not very helpful.

So I'm a bit confused, since I don't know if the new part has the homelink functionality or not. The new one seems to only have the light for the vanity mirror, and that's something I am not looking for. Do you know where I can find if this new part has the homelink functionality or not? Or where to find the visor that actually has the homelink device/functionality.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done!
Do you know where can I find that visor?
Looking for the part you shared in the Mopar site, I get another one (it says that the new one replaced the one searched for)
It says: "6BR80TX7AO" Replaces 6BR80TX7AL, but on its description only says "Illuminated", which is not very helpful.

So I'm a bit confused, since I don't know if the new part has the homelink functionality or not. The new one seems to only have the light for the vanity mirror, and that's something I am not looking for. Do you know where I can find if this new part has the homelink functionality or not? Or where to find the visor that actually has the homelink device/functionality.
sometimes worth finding used. Lot cheaper, just make sure not broken at mounting location.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2021-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Sponsored

Aetherial

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2019

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a lot!!

I think I bought the same one haha
Right after asking about it here, I went on eBay looking for the part and the visors have already shipped.

Now I'm trying to find a tutorial on how to upgrade from my "regular Sunvisor" to this new one with lights and homelink on it
There is a couple of ways. I spliced mine as shown earlier in this thread. But, buttons hot all the time. Read through this thread, may help.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-homelink-to-jl-sport.32481/

garrege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for the advice, it worked great for me.

Adding my 2 cents, within the JScan app, the Homelink module is within the Miscellaneous Modules.
Sponsored