“Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
After a painful 5.5 month wait I can finally start clearing out my garage from all the parts I ordered! Picked up the Jeep 1/4. All I can say is it was well worth the wait!

I’ve had multiple months to ponder my build and figure out what direction I want to take my Jeep. I chose the XR package mainly for the gearing and so far with the factory 35s this thing does not disappoint! It’s an absolute rocket. It will be an around town/close trip vehicle for the most part and it will see it’s fair share of trails around NC/TN. I do plan on taking it to Colorado and Moab later this year and fingers crossed I’ll get it on the Rubicon in 2023.

If I was smart I would just leave the Jeep alone and run the XR package as is, but I can’t seem to leave any of my vehicles “stock.” Going for a clean do-it-all build on this one. 37s will help keep me from taking this Jeep where I probably shouldn’t and if I drive with some sense I’ll hopefully keep the D44s intact for 2-3 years. I’ve already jumped down the mod rabbit hole and have the following parts ready to install:

Metalcloak 3.5” Gamechanger
Metalcloak Tie Rod/Drag Link
Steersmarts Track Bar/Sector Shaft Brace
Accutune Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoirs
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Icon Rebound Pro’s 17x8.5 Bronze
Warn Zeon 10S/Warn Mounting Plate/Factor 55 Bling
Teraflex Alpha HD Tire Carrier
ARB Dual Compressor/Innovate AT mount

Still waiting on my Fox 2.0 JK Steering Stabilizer and Next Venture Skids to ship.

Have a bunch of miscellaneous parts I didn’t feel like listing but they’ll be discussed in this build thread as it progresses.

Need to make a decision on driveshafts soon so I can start parts swapping, leaning towards Adams or Tom Woods. Not looking forward to greasing the front driveshaft CV every ~3K miles but is what it is.

Need to order a Tazer Mini and better rock sliders. Strongly considering Rockslide Engineering Gen 3s. I know the reported issues some people on this forum have experienced but I’m willing to try them out. May end up ordering the Teraflex Tailgate Hinge/Brace if I end up getting creaking in my tailgate down the road. Hopefully the Mopar Reinforcement holds up for a little while🤞

Will address rear cargo storage/tailgate table/fridge & slider down the road. Also will address vehicle lighting in a few months.

For now here’s an obligatory driveway pic and a short video of me flexing it out with a friend’s forklift day 1 of ownership 🤣 I’ll update this thread as I go and I’ll be installing everything myself. If you’re on IG you can follow Blue Waffle’s build and adventures @ mallcrawler_escapades

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build D75DD5E6-24FF-4781-A1A5-E5902D90723F

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
First “mods” are done, installed Rugged Ridge door sill guards, a stubby antenna, Mopar grab handles and the 67 Designs rail mount with dual phone holders & a Go Pro mount. Obligatory pic of the 67 Designs bling:

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 28E5CCCB-46A0-46B6-A6E8-719D1F9F78F8

KebertXela

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Great color!
Really want to see what it looks like with the 3.5" lift and 37s since that is what I plan on doing once my stock tires wear out.

Also, with the metalcloak lift, did you make sure to get the kit with the 392 rated springs and not just the standard kit?

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Great color!
Really want to see what it looks like with the 3.5" lift and 37s since that is what I plan on doing once my stock tires wear out.

Also, with the metalcloak lift, did you make sure to get the kit with the 392 rated springs and not just the standard kit?
Thanks! I think it’ll turn out pretty nice. And yep I got the full 392 kit with the shock relocation brackets. Also got the front coil correction pads to help prevent coil bow and the correcting shims in case I have any lean after install.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Went to a buddy’s shop and got a hand with the winch install Thursday night. Much easier to line everything up with two people. Went with a Warn Zeon 10S with the standard remote. Didn’t want to worry about recharging the wireless remote with the Platinum. Paired it with the Warn winch bracket. Everything went together fairly smooth, only thing that gave us some headache was feeding the winch line through the Zeon 10S drum and lining up the bumper studs with the winch plate/frame holes on reassembly. What a PITA. Finished up the install yesterday after I notched the rear two skid plate mounting holes with a Dremel so they would line up properly. Still need to install my Factor 55 fairlead but have to wait until Monday when I can use a friend’s 20 ton press to collapse the winch line thimble so it will slide into the Factor 55 fairlead. Tried using a vice but couldn’t collapse it enough. Spent some time yesterday using some wire loom to clean up the wires under the hood, pretty pleased with the result. Not much room in the engine bay to run wires, ended up re-routing the negative cable yesterday to better match the routing of the positive cable.

Installing onboard air next week! Also ordering my Tazer Mini and driveshafts next week so I can move forward on the lift install.

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build E42E6BD8-A6F6-42D5-BA2D-F8A0212B57C0

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build DED3E346-6866-4BC7-B369-CD70F7FFA239

Sponsored

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Went exploring in the local national forest this weekend with the GF, no pics or videos but had to use the lockers at one point. BFG ATs are good tires but are no match for mud. Rocked it out in 4-Low/locked. Looking forward to the Tazer so I can run the lockers in 4Hi. Spent about an hour detailing the outside today then took a friend for a test drive…pretty sure he’s gonna order one soon 🤣

He’s new to Jeeps so I showed him a few of the features and a few ditch crossings to show him how the sway bar/lockers work.

Poser pic:

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build 6C5F2DCA-131B-42AD-B942-ABD64F671FAA

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Got the air compressor installed today! Wasn’t too difficult, removing the seat is 100% the way to go but I elected not to do that because plugging everything back in after you get the compressor in place would be a major PITA. Still need to do a little fine tuning on the regulator adjustment and figure out why it always runs (it should shut off after a few seconds, might have a leak I need to trace). But overall I’m super stoked! Wiring is clean and looks factory. I ran the main harness through the drain plug in the floor. Wired the ARB purple wire to Aux 4. Can’t wait to use this setup on the trails next month! Taking the GF to Windrock for Valentine’s Day so trying to wrap up the build before then.

Lift and 37s go on next week 😎

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build D346A96F-EC3B-4EC4-BF9B-070DD8A07E9C

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build D743E4C8-7509-4F75-982D-02F777515B1B

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build E0D71969-7CE6-468F-B575-57B2DD8B3BAA

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Got the air compressor installed today! Wasn’t too difficult, removing the seat is 100% the way to go but I elected not to do that because plugging everything back in after you get the compressor in place would be a major PITA. Still need to do a little fine tuning on the regulator adjustment and figure out why it always runs (it should shut off after a few seconds, might have a leak I need to trace). But overall I’m super stoked! Wiring is clean and looks factory. I ran the main harness through the drain plug in the floor. Wired the ARB purple wire to Aux 4. Can’t wait to use this setup on the trails next month! Taking the GF to Windrock for Valentine’s Day so trying to wrap up the build before then.

Lift and 37s go on next week 😎

Jeep Wrangler JL “Blue Waffle” 🧇 392XR Build E0D71969-7CE6-468F-B575-57B2DD8B3BAA

fyi in the future if u need to the plugs for the seat arent that tough. i took mine out when i put my arb in.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Following. Love the build, love the color, and the name made me LOL. I still drop that reference and a lot of people don't get it.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome fellow 392 hydro blue XR twin! You and I have very similar early builds in parts selection. You are going to love the InnovativeAT system. It airs up the 35’s from 15psi to 37psi in about 6min and requires less manual work and maintenance than other quick fill systems.

What day did you order your Next Venture skids? I ordered belly skids, diff skids and covers on Black Friday and the only thing that has shipped so far was the rear diff skid.

Don’t over bump stop your lift since you are only running 37’s and enjoy the extra travel the lift will provide!

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me you're putting BLUE WAFFLE across your hood.
Sponsored